The Return | Zombies Sequel [...

Av MinariStan

The zombies return 20 years after the first incident. Will the sons and daughters of past survivors live thro... Mer

Chapter 1: Regrets
Chapter 2: The Beginning
Chapter 3: The Hotel
Chapter 4: Downfall
Chapter 5: Downfall [2]
Chapter 6: Downfall [3]
Chapter 7: Downfall [4]
Chapter 8: Broken
Chapter 9: The Recording
Chapter 10: Surviving
Chapter 11: Progress
Chapter 12: Break in
Chapter 13: Friends
Chapter 14: The Stray Kid
Chapter 15: The Video
Chapter 16: Stories
Chapter 17: Hope
Chapter 18: Saved
Chapter 19: Run
Chapter 20: Ride
Chapter 21: I like you.
Chapter 22: Alive
Chapter 23: Fixed
Chapter 24: Reunion
Chapter 25: New and Old Friends
Chapter 26: Normal
Chapter 27: Lunch
Chapter 28: Picnic
Chapter 29: Comfy
Chapter 30: Gifts
Epilogue

Chapter 31: Dinner

1.1K 51 26
Av MinariStan

Kai and Yuna

"Lia unnie?"

Yuna answers her phone a bit confused. She planned to go shopping for something to wear for Hyuka's dinner the next day. Kai and Yuna just graduated high school because they were relatively younger than everyone else in their friend group. The dinner was some sort of way to celebrate but it's not all that happy. 

Finishing high school meant that they had to find a college or start to pursue a career. Yuna, like her friends, enrolled in a school in Korea but Kai decided to go back to Hawaii with his family to finish his studies. 

Yuna was starting to get anxious for several reasons. One was that she loved Kai with all her heart but the long distance relationship scares her because she'd be so far from him. She wouldn't be able to be there if he needed her and she wouldn't be there when he'd be happy. But these thoughts were also in Kai's mind. Sure, he was an eccentric, loud, and very active but he always had a soft spot for Yuna. He'd tone it down when he notices that she's not in the mood for his shenanigans or he'd be more crazy just to cheer him up. The fact that there won't be anyone to notice if she's in a bad move and either help her or tell everyone else to back off is something Kai was worried about. 

They were still young and lots of people say high school couples never last but they wanted it to last. A long distance relationship wasn't helping them.

That was something in the future Yuna was worrying about. Another one was Hyuka's dinner. Kai wanted to do something before leaving so he asked Jin for a favor and sadly Jin said no but Nayeon said yes which is what mattered. 

He got a table just for his friends with the addition of Hyunjin, Somi, Jeongin, and Chan. Hyuka was going to keep it within their friends group but ended up abusing the fact that Nayeon said that everything was on the house. It was at a fancy restaurant in Saranghae Hotel so they decided to dress up. It was like their play dinner during the apocalypse but real and with actual food and clothes. 

Clothes. 

That's what Yuna was worried about. She didn't have any fancy clothes or dresses because she never felt the need to buy them. You'd expect someone with model-like proportions and features would have elegant dresses but she had none. Yuna wanted to go shopping with Lia but the older suddenly called her just a few minutes before they'd meet up. 

"W-what? But I need you, unnie~~" 

Yuna whines as Lia makes up an excuse to not go with her. It's not that Lia was actually busy or that she didn't want to go but there was more to it. Yuna says, "Please~~ I need someone to help me pick out a dress! I don't want to look bad tomorrow." Lia says a bit sadly, "I'm sorry, Yuna." 

Yuna ends up calling Yeji but she said she was with Yeonjun. She tried Chaeryeong but she was eating lunch with her sisters. Ryujin didn't even answer her phone. 

Yuna pouts staring at her contact list not knowing who else to call and she starts to panic. She would get the dress by herself but she wouldn't be able to make the decision because she'd question her choice every time. She needed someone to add the certainty and help her make the decision. Yuna wanted to look perfect because she knew Kai deserved a perfect girl. 

Yuna sucks it up and stands up clenching her fists. She says, "Fine, I'll do it myself!" She rushes out her shared dorm and suddenly stops seeing a trail of roses on the floor. She rolls her eyes and says, "Who dropped a bunch of roses on the ground and didn't clean it up?" She walks past it but quickly notices that someone must've left it for her. She followed it down the hallway of their dorm building and it lead to some random room. Yuna stares at it a bit scared and whispers, "Is this a trap?" 

Suddenly, Kai's voice whispers, "No, it's not~~" 

Yuna smiles instantly and rushes to the room to see him holding a hanger with a plastic trash bag over it. She eyes him confused, "Why are you here? And what's with... that?" Yuna points at the bag and he asks, "Want to go for a drive?" Yuna says a bit slowly, "N-no. I have to get something important." 

Kai smirks at her and says, "I'll drop you to where you need to go. It'll be quick." Yuna just nods her head trying to not show him that she doesn't have anything to wear tomorrow and that she's shopping last minute. Kai says, "But you should put this in your closet before we leave, I don't want to carry it around." Yuna just nods not realizing what he just said but she suddenly pauses, "W-what?" 

Kai keeps his smirk and asks, "Want to see?" She nods her head and he says, "Let's go to your dorm first." 

They enter her shared dorm and he removes the plastic bag. Yuna glances at the Hawaiian floral dress in utter disbelief and awe. Kai smiles, "Surprise!" She stutters, "K-kai, you didn't have to buy-" He suddenly interrupts, "Aha! I didn't buy this. My parents flew from Hawaii to stay in Korea for a bit then I would go with them when they leave. My mom must've got you the dress as a present because I couldn't stop telling them about you. So here you go, this solves your dress problem." 

Yuna blushes in embarrassment, "H-how did you-" Kai interrupts again, "I asked your friends if you had a dress because I had a gift and they told me you didn't. I also told them to stall you buying your dress until last minute because my parents weren't in Korea yet. So here. I even have a matching long sleeved polo for tomorrow! We're gonna be so cute!" 

Yuna can't help but feel a tingle in her heart seeing Kai so energetic and happy. She moves up until their face to face and runs her hand through his long hair. She smiles, "Thank you so much, I don't know how to repay you." Kai places his hand over hers as she continues to feel his hair. He brings it down so her palm is on her cheek and he says, "You don't have to, it was my parent's gift." 

She asks, "And how can I repay them?" Kai thinks for a bit and says, "You're already doing something for them and I think it's the best gift they can ever receive." Yuna looks at him confused and she asks, "What am I doing?" He smiles, "You're making their son the happiest person in the world. What more can a parent ask for?" Yuna giggles and smiles, "Huening Kai, you're crazy." He smirks, "Is this the part where I say, 'I'm crazy for you?'" Yuna just closes her eyes and pecks his lip as he pushes more into the kiss sharing the love. 

The following night...

"I told you, we would look cute!" 

Kai and Yuna stare at the picture Taehyun took of them. They looked like a newlywed couple going to Hawaii for a honeymoon. Kai takes the polaroid print and says, "Let's take one more so we can both have something." She nods her head and they pose for another picture as Taehyun takes it. 

They were currently sitting at this massive reserved table in the fanciest restaurant in Saranghae Hotel. Taehyun, Chaeryeong, Kai, and Yuna were the first to arrive so they decided to take pictures. Beomgyu and Ryujin appeared shortly after and they were in the fanciest clothing. 

Ryujin wore this elegant dress her mom probably lent her while Beomgyu wore a suit looking very handsome and expensive. Beomgyu has his arm around Ryujin's waist as he smiles at Kai, "Thanks man, I'd never think I'd see Ryujin wear a dress ever. You've blessed my eyes." She just rolls her eyes as Beomgyu adds with a smirk, "Well, except for our wedding but that's sooo far away." Ryujin snorts, "As if I would wear a dress to our wedding."

Beomgyu just laughs as Taehyun points at the couple, "Want me to take a picture? I have enough film so every couple can take two pictures." 

Suddenly, four people arrive in semiformal clothing. Chan asks, "How does the couple thing work for us?" Taehyun takes a quick picture of the Beomryu couple then turns to them, "Ahh, I got 3 films for you guys so you decide how to split it." Somi says, "Dibs!" Hyunjin says, "Second dibs!" Chan adds, "I'll guess the third goes to Jeongin." 

Jeongin just smiles as Taehyun gestures them to take a picture. But before they go there, Somi suddenly remembers something and exclaims, "Oh, the gift!" Chan and Hyunjin exchange glances as Somi calls Kai, "Ningning!!" 

Kai turns to her confused as Yuna says a bit astounded, "NINGNING!?" Somi says, "We made you a present to remember us while you're away." She turns to Chan and asks, "Did you bring it?" Chan turns to Hyunjin, "I told you to bring it with you." Hyunjin replies, "Somi said you were going to bring it." Jeongin adds, "I brought it." 

Jeongin takes a small box and hands it to Kai. Chan adds, "We got drunk and crashed at Somi's place and we made this bracelet from the stuff lying around her apartment." Hyunjin says, "We've put blood, sweat, tears, alcohol, and barf into this present so it's really genuine despite it looking like garbage." 

Kai opens the small box and sees a friendship bracelet with Yuna's name on it. He looks up a bit confused and Somi says, "We decided to have Yuna's name on it because we doubt that you'll like it with ours. Boom, it meets your preferences!" Jeongin adds with a smile, "It took us hours." Kai smiles, "Thanks." 

Jeongin then moves up to hug him and the rest join along the group hug as Kai just smiles feeling the four hug him. They then go to Taehyun to take their polaroid picture. 

Yeji and Yeonjun were the next to show up. They exchange hugs and takes their picture while the rest head to the table. It was a massive table and Kai ordered beforehand so they didn't have to wait long. 

The day ended with all of them reminiscing moments and memories. Scenarios and situation that once seemed grim and depressing were now funny to look in hindsight. They'd make fun of Chan for being a zombie. They'd tease Soobin and Lia because they stayed in the hotel the longest. They continued to make up stories about the two while they deny everything with a bright red blush. Beomgyu showed off his scar on his collarbone saying that he was the bravest while Yeonjun bickered saying he dealt with the most. Hyunjin adds to the flame reminding Yeonjun that if he didn't interrupt his gunshot, Chan would be dead. Taehyun was trying to stay lowkey but Chaeryeong's competitive spirit got to her and she insisted that Taehyun was the bravest because of everything he did for her. Jeongin just laughed everything off because he was missing for most of the action and all he remembered was the first snow fall. Beomgyu also teased Ryujin because she cried while she got mad at him because they promised to keep it a secret. Yuna kept telling stories about her and Kai having fun running through the empty halls of the hotel and sharing the secret spots they found in their free time. 

Like every story this one had to end. 

Unlike the first one, I'm actually ending it unless...

....

...

....

Nah, I'm really ending it. No cliffhangers or zombies. 

Goodbye. 

Au revoir.

Adios.

Fin.

The end.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

1.2K 32 17
Donghyuck finds himself returning to school after the first lockdown to finish his school year, only to end up in the messiest situation ever. This i...
75.2K 1.8K 11
The zombie apocalypse. Always seen in shows and books. Who would expect it to happen in real life? Will anyone survive? And why are there zombies who...
14.7K 973 75
-The Curse Chapter of his life is about to begin. -After thousand of years, the prophecy of the curse on the Royal Family is about to happen, the ret...
Stuck: No Way Out Av ellise.

Mysterium / Thriller

410 35 14
(lowercase intended) unveil secrets hidden, can you survive? cw // profanities, death started: aug-10-23 ended: aug-21-23