Fatal Attraction

By yagyachowdary

Daksh Malhotra - a womanizer and a ruthless billionaire - tears apart the life of Asmita Sharma - a vivacious... More

Part 1
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21 - Leap
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34 - Last
Epilogue

Part 2

6.4K 254 26
By yagyachowdary

Daksh straightened his face into his usual stoic and stern expression  because he did not want to show his plans for her right away. He wanted  to take his own time and relish unraveling her. mysterious persona.

"Hey Miss Whatever, what are you doing in my cabin?" he yelled, feigning his anger.

  "Excuse me? My name is Asmita Sharma and I am here to give my interview  for the post of Daksh Malhotra's personal assistant," replied Asmita,  firmly, wondering about the identity of the man standing in front of  her. She was flustered by the happenings of the past few moments and his  question had indeed touched the wrong nerve.

"Oh really? Do  you even know who is Daksh Malhotra?" he questioned, pushing his hands  into his pant pockets as he let his eyes ravel over her in a ravishing  manner.

"The receptionist had said that he would be in the  cabin," she replied, realizing as she spoke that she was speaking to the  boss indeed and looked up at him in a petrified manner. She was worried  if the previous mishap would cause her rejection but little did she  know that that little 'mishap' was going to seal her deal.

"I  think you have realized who he is. So please take your seat, Miss  Sharma," Daksh said, in a formal tone, as Asmita let out the breath she  was unintentionally and involuntarily holding and took her seat.

"So  Ms. Sharma, tell me something about yourself to begin with and we will  go into the interview proper," Daksh questioned, with a smirk stretching  itself upon his lips as he noticed the way she had been  hyperventilating, but for reasons quite contrasting to what he had been  expecting.

"Well, I am an orphan, Sir. My best friend is Sunita Gupta, she works in the other branch of DM Designs. I am quite reserved but I  love dancing and watching movies. I firmly believe the adage that 'work  is worship' and try to swear by it," she answered nervously, mildly  blushing as she spoke about herself, hoping that she had not gone  overboard with her introduction.

"Impressive and sorry to  hear about your parents, Ms. Sharma. I see that you were the college  topper by your documents so you are beauty with brains. Interesting," he  replied smirking. shocking her by his remarks about her beauty.

"Sir??"

He  realized that he let his tongue slip under the influence of his instant  attraction towards her and diverted the topic,

"Do you have any  responsibilities or places to be at specific times? We will have to work  around the schedule if you have any prior commitments."

"No, Sir.  Like I said, I am an orphan and I live by myself in an rented home from  the past three months with my childhood friend Sunita," Asmita  explained, a part of her hoping that her destiny was merciful enough  towards her that she could have had a different answer to the question.

"Sorry,  looks like my question was not warranted for," exclaimed Daksh,  regretting for reminding her of her orphan status once again. He had  known the pain of being an orphan, being one himself, but he was lucky  to have a loving and supportive family with him and it seemed that the  lady in front of him was not so lucky.

"It's okay,Sir," Asmita replied, smiling weakly, trying to lighten up the atmosphere, as her innate nature commanded.

"Coming  to the next question, why exactly did you choose to give this job  interview? I mean, you could have many other jobs which would do justice  to your qualification," asked Daksh, eager to know more about her and  wondered if she would let out any information that could be helpful to  him in future.

"This is one of the highest paying jobs that  was accepting freshers, Sir. As of now, I need the money more than  justice to my qualifications. Once I am in a better position, I will  consider applying for one of the positions in technical team, maybe of  this DM Designs itself," she replied confidently, unaware that she had  let out her weakness to him and Daksh Malhotra was keen on exploiting it  to his own advantage when the situation demands.

"Congratulations,  Ms. Asmita Sharma, you are in. You have to attend the job from  tomorrow. Please meet Ms. Priyanka Ahuja from Human Resources Department  for further details on your job," wished Daksh, extending his hand for a  handshake, eager to let the magic of her touch take over.

"Thanks a lot, Sir. I will not let you down," chirped Asmita, happily taking his hand, unaware of his true intentions for her.

Asmita  left his cabin to meet Priyanka to sign the contract with DM Designs  and gain the details about the job she had been waiting for long. Daksh  Malhotra had his own plans for the woman who had just walked out and in  the longer run, he did not seem to have any intention of letting her  walk out on him again.

______________________________________

Asmita's House,

"I am so  happy, Sunita. Finally, I got a job and we will be able to truly live  independently and clear off the loans we had taken for our education,"  Asmita chirped, almost crushing Sunita's bones with her extra tight hug,  who was happy for her friend but was not happy with the choice she had  made in terms of the company.

"I am happy for you too,  Asmita. But remember your boss is THE Daksh Malhotra, whom people call  as the personification of ruthlessness and cruelness. He is not like his  brother and my boss," said an extremely worried Sunita, who had heard  enough about his philandering ways with his employees and ruthless  punishments.

"Arre Sunita, you started worrying again. I  agree, he is arrogant and mysterious but he seemed pretty nice to me. I  mean, I stumbled onto him yet he did not make a fuss out of it and  selected me. And if he crosses his limits, then I will twist him and  hang him on a rope as Dhobi does to his clothes," said Asmita, in a  carefree tone, although Sunita knew well that Asmita was neither  physically nor mentally up for violence.

"I really hope what  you think of him is the reality and now what I have heard. But I don't  feel like trusting his intentions," muttered Sunita inaudible to Asmita,  not wishing to ruin her happiness.

_______________________________________________________________

Daksh's House,

Daksh  was known as ruthless and shrewd businessman but he surely knew how to  please his family which consisted of his younger sister Anisha, cousin  brother Amit Singhania, who had lost his parents in the same accident as  that of his own parents, and his dear maternal grandmother Rukmini  Singhania.

"Hello Bhai, how was your day? Amit Bhai told me that  you got a new PA. How is she?" asked Anisha, as she sat beside Daksh in  his study room, looking at the files he was studying.

"Yeah, I  got a new PA, who is sexy and sweet too. Hope she lasts unlike others,"  answered Daksh, whose mind was lost in the daze of work and her question  suddenly transported him into the memories of the meet.

"Oh  My God! Look at the dreamy expression on your face. Bhai, I guess I am  going to get a Bhabhi very soon," exclaimed Anisha, bringing Daksh to  the reality and he began chasing her, like always, when she teased him.

"Arre  Arre, Anisha and Daksh, stop fighting like kids now," reprimanded  Rukmini affectionately, although she loved to see their banter.

"Nani,  I forgot to tell you that soon you are going to get a  granddaughter-in-law," said Anisha, hiding behind their grandmother,  ignoring Daksh's attempts to stop her.

"ANISHA!" groaned Daksh, raking his dainty fingers through his hair,rolling his eyes at his sister.

"Really,  Daksh? You finally decided to settle down?" questioned Rukmini, hoping  that he was finally in love with someone and stop his philandering ways. 

"Bhai??" added Amit, as Anisha signed him to put some fuel to already flaming fire.

"Granddaughter-in-law  can be from Amit's side too, right, Dadi? I am hearing the news that  Amit is spending too much of time with his personal assistant, Sunita  Gupta," countered Daksh, shutting Amit's mouth for once and for all, as  he transformed into an embarrassed tomato.

"Um, actually...I.." stuttered Amit, flushing further as everyone burst out laughing at him.

______________________________________________

What do you think of the characters? Please VOTE and COMMENT!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

663K 36K 71
(BOOK 1) SHEKHAWAT FAMILY Arika Raichand had come to Bangalore to attend her cousin's marriage. She had planned that she would attend her wedding and...
256K 8.9K 37
Ekansh Malhotra-a 28 year old arrogant, rude, businessman, CEO of Malhotra Industries.By hard work achieve success at a very young age.people address...
180K 14.9K 30
°• Book 1 in the unexpected marriage series •° *:゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "They tried to hide their feelings with silence but they forgot that their eyes spoke t...
411K 15.4K 36
Ever wonder how your supposed best day of life will turn into a lifelong nightmare. Two people, two different worlds yet bound by the same emotion, "...