Settle Down // Irwin

Av irwin-hfk

For crying out loud, Settle down! You know I can't be found with you ~~~ book 1 of The 1975 series Mer

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
Epilogue.
Music and Sequel

18

2.2K 47 21
Av irwin-hfk

"Why don't you put it up?" Ashton suggests to Luke who was making him go insane.

First he would straighten his hair. Then he would ruffle it and make it messy, then he would brush it again just to straighten it and then repeat. It was so fucking stupid.

"Up?" Luke asks, looking away from the mirror and over his shoulder at Ashton.

"Yeah," Ashton shrugs. "Like a quiff."

"A quiff?" Luke repeats staring at Ashton like he had gone mad. "A quiff?" He says again with even more disgust.

"Just an idea." Ashton mumble slumping down some more of Luke's wall.

"Why don't you quiff your hair?" Luke turns back to the mirror and start smoothing out his hair.

"Mines doesn't quiff." Ashton replies. They should've left for Charlie's half an hour ago. Ashton still didn't even really want to go. He knew Jade wasn't going to be there because she would have said something to him. Or Michael would have mentioned it. Jade and Calum are smart. They both know it wouldn't be a good idea for then to go. They would just both end up in trouble.

Luke had spent so long on his hair Ashton was now dying to leave so when the time eventually came for then to go Ashton was more than thankful.

"Bye mom!" Luke called as they left the house.

"Bye Liz!" Ashton also said goodbye to Luke's mom.

"Bye boys!" She shouted back from the kitchen.

Luke just about opened the door when his mom came out into the hall to see the two boys off.

"Mom." Luke groaned slightly when Liz came through.

"Both of you be careful." She wants them. Luke doesn't seem like he is going to answer so Ashton does instead.

"We will Mrs Hemmings, don't worry." Ashton reassures her.

"Okay, and Luke," she turns to her son and he just glares. "Easy on the alcohol."

Luke groans. "Mom, I know. I'm taking the van so I'm driving. I can't drink." Luke tells her whilst opening the door.

"Okay, well that makes me just worry even more." Liz says to Luke with a smirk.

"Well you don't need to." Luke says half way in the house and half way out. "I have Ashton as well." he pats Ashton's chest and Liz gives Ashton a weak smile.

She knows Ashton well enough to know that probably doesn't settle her worry at all. Ashton nods at her. A silent promise to look after Luke tonight and make sure he doesn't get into and trouble.

"Okay then," she sighs and Luke is already speed walking down the path and Ashton hurrying up to catch up with him. "Just stay out of trouble." Luke waves over his shoulder at his mom.

He unlocks the van doors and him and Ashton get in. The van surprised Ashton. It was surprisingly clean and well kept. It was kinda like Luke was actually trying to keep this thing in good shape. Ashton also thought Luke was beginning to have an unhealthy relationship with the thing. It was weird how much he cleaned it actually.

"So..." Luke smirked at Ashton as he began to drive away. "You ready to have fun tonight?"

"I guess." Ashton shrugs and Luke scoffs. Ashton turns his head to Luke at him and sighs. Luke is still smirking. "Just please don't do anything illegal tonight and get arrested."

Luke's smirk drops and at first Ashton doesn't think he will respond at all but then he turns to look at him.

"I'm not making any promises."

~~~

An hour.

That's all it took Ashton to start to feel the alcohol in his system beginning to effect his vision and thinking. He was still a lot better than half the people at the party. Luke wasn't too bad, considering how he can get. Michael was okay as well, he was to busy chasing after Charlie to actually be enjoying himself. Charlie was pissing Ashton off as usual. She was already completely trashed by the time everyone arrived. Now Michael was running after her trying to make sure she didn't sleep with the first guy she saw or drink anymore.

It was her party and she wasn't going to remember a thing.

"Ash!" Luke calls to Ashton as he enters the kitchen with a girl's arms around his waist and his slung lazily over his shoulder.

"Hey." Ashton nods at him and takes our another beer from the fridge. He didn't know what type it was, he didn't care that much anymore by this point.

Luke kisses the girl, sloppily, and whispers something to her and she shrugs and walks out of the kitchen. Luke motions for Ashton to toss him a bottle and Ashton does so.

"How are you feeling?" Luke asks and raises an eyebrow.

"Not too bad," Ashton shrugs. He didn't feel that bad yet. He needed just a few more bottles of something to pull him a bit more towards drunkenness. "And you?"

Luke shrugs as well. "Not that bad." Luke opens the bottle. Ashton didn't really know, or ask, how Charlie got all the alcohol without any help for the party.

"See anyone?" Luke asks Ashton.

"Huh?" Ashton replies.

"Anyone you like?" Luke says to Ashton and rolls his eyes, clearly wondering how Ashton didn't get it in the first place.

"Oh..." Ashton looks around the kitchen. There were a few others here. A tall blonde girl he recognized from art. A girl from music. A few cheerleaders. No one special. No one like Jade.

Was he disappointed Jade didn't come? He couldn't be. He should feel relieved. Ashton knew that in another hour or less he will look like a prat and Jade doesn't need to see that. She also doesn't need to have to deal with a drunk Luke. He seems bad when he is sober but is so much worse when he is drunk. Not just with girls but in general. It's pretty horrendous to watch.

There was no way Ashton could be disappointed Jade wasn't here. He was happy she wasn't. He was happy. He was fine without her. He would see her tomorrow and he did see her today at school, but didn't really let on to her. No he isn't happy. He feels shit. The only way to stop that feeling is get drunk and have sex with someone. As long as they are female and there is no way Jade would find out Ashton really didn't care. He just wanted to get drunk and get laid. That was the goal for the night.

So him and Luke sped up the drinking. Ashton had no idea how they were going to he back to Luke's now. The drinking was a huge mistake but how was Ashton to know at that point. He didn't know Jade was coming. It wasn't until him and Luke went outside that he saw them. All he could think was fuck!

Michael had came through looking for Charlie. She had once again slipped away from him. Luke and Ashton had, very drunkenly, suggested that they check outside. Michael then started freaking out because Charlie has a pool outside and she was pretty drunk.

Michael went straight outside with Luke and Ashton chuckling, shoving each other and stumbling after him. Luke kept saying to Ashton about how they had to find some really hot girls to have sex with that night and find Michael one as well to get his mind off Charlie.

"Charlie!" Michael yelled as if he had spotted her, making Ashton and Luke focus, as much as they could, on him.

They looked over to where Michael was walking and Luke spotted her first.

"No fucking way." He giggled and started stumbling over towards were Michael was headed. He called over his shoulder to Ashton. "I found my girl."

At that point Ashton didn't really know what he meant by that. He though Luke was talking about Charlie but then he realized as he came closer to them.

Charlie was sitting on one of the benches that is also a swing at the bottom of Charlie's huge garden. Her head was resting in Calum Hood's shoulder which was probably really going to piss off Michael. Probably to add insult to injury she was stroking her fingers up and down Calum's arm. Calum didn't look too uncomfortable with it but he obviously wasn't used to this type of attention from a girl. He had one arm around Charlie's shoulder but it just looked like it was there so she wouldn't fall over. He had his other arm around the back of the bench. Technically around Jade's shoulder. Ashton felt his stomach drop.

That's what Luke meant.

As the three of them nearer the other three on the swinging bench Calum and Jade's eyes widen.

Ashton didn't understand it. She didn't mention it. She didn't even bring it up. She had at least two chances for sure to bring it up and not once did she. She should have said something to Ashton so he would be like this. He wouldn't have drank as much, he would've made himself look nicer. He wouldn't look as stupid as he probably did now.

Jade looked perfect to Ashton. She had her hair softly curled and had some really nice lipstick in that made Ashton want to kiss her. It just made her lips look so nice and kissable. And she also was wearing really nice clothes. Normally when girls go to parties they either over dress or under dress to get boys attention. It normally worked on Ashton. But Jade was somewhere in between. She looked incredible and wasn't trying to get a boy's attention. She looked so perfect in Ashton's eyes.

But she was here with Calum. That was Ashton's issue.

"Charlie." Michael said to Charlie in a stern voice and stopped talking to Jade and Calum about whatever she was saying to them.

She looks up to Michael with huge innocent eyes. She lifts her head from Calum's shoulder but keeps her hand on his arm.

"Michael." she mocks Michael's voice but giggles halfway through and cuddles into Calum a bit more. Calum shuffles away from her and keeps his eyes on the ground, not daring to look anyone in the eye. Jade on the other hand has her eyes focused on Ashton. He is looking back at her but is trying not to let anything on. He doesn't want her to see what he is feeling right now. He just wants to kiss her.

"Come with me." Michael says severely to the blonde girl. His eyes go to Calum momentarily and he grits his teeth. "Now."

Charlie pouts. "But I'm having fun."

Michael shakes his head an grabs her by her forearm and drags her away from Calum and the bench. She hits and screams at him but he doesn't let go and pulls her away from the other four and starts saying stuff to her quickly and quietly. He has also obviously loosened his grip on her arm.

"Well then." Luke lets out a big laugh. "You two actually came?" He smirks at Jade and Calum, both their faces going a red color.

Ashton could see the regret growing in Jade's eyes. He could also see how uncomfortable she was getting. It was Luke. Luke was being an idiot.

"Come on." Ashton tugs on his arm but Luke ignores him and sits down next to Jade and puts his arm around the back of the bench. Calum automatically retracts his.

Ashton can't help but feel anything but anger and jealousy. How is Calum on one side of Jade and Luke on the other whilst Ashton is standing away and awkwardly?

"So Jade," Luke edges closer to her and she looks quickly to Ashton. She seems to be begging for him to make like go. But Ashton couldn't think of anything to say that could get Jade away from Luke and with him. There was nothing... unless.

"Luke don't bother." Ashton laughs and smiles at him.

Luke stares at him, clearly confused. "Huh?"

"Jade? Really? That's who you're picking tonight?" Ashton scoffs and out of the corner of his eye can see Jade's face turn to confusion as well. Ashton was really going to hate himself after this.

"Do you really think she's going to have sex with you tonight?" Ashton laughs again already hating himself more and more. "Her." He points at Jade but can't look at her. "She wouldn't have sex with you."

"What wrong with me?" Luke immediately takes it to defence and half asks Ashton the question and half asks Jade.

"Nothing is wrong with you." Ashton slurs slightly. "It's her." He points at Jade again and this time makes the mistake of looking. Her face shows nothing but hurt. But Ashton has to keep it up. "She's a total prude and won't even think about having sex with you unless you propose to her." Ashton laughs and gains a smile from Luke. It was working. Just keep his eyes on Luke and Ashton would be fine and the plan would keep working. "I mean I bet she wouldn't even fuck Calum. And he is so much better than us." Ashton rolls his eyes and Luke laughs, moving his arm away from around Jade's shoulders slightly.

"You're probably right." Luke chuckles giving Jade a little look. The one thing Ashton can't do.

"She isn't worth it Luke." Ashton says and has to really choke the words out. "She isn't worth it and I bet she would lie about it anyway to keep up the innocent virgin act." Luke gives a big laugh and Ashton keeps his eyes on him and continues. "She not even worth a quick fuck!" Ashton laughs cruelly and has to stop himself from begging Jade for forgiveness.

"Jade lets go." Calum suddenly speaks making Ashton look at him now. He has his hand holding onto Jade's and is slowly rubbing his thumb across the back of it. Ashton feels his jaw clench.

"Yeah you two can go now." Luke says rudely, practically waving them off.

"Come on." Calum mumbles and when they stand Ashton looks at Jade.

Why does he always make her look so sad?

Her eyes are watery and her head bowed slightly. He was making her cry. She was about to start crying and Ashton didn't care. He didn't stop once to try and see if his words were affecting Jade at all. He knew they would in someway but he didn't think this extreme. He didn't think this would happen. He didn't think. The alcohol did that for him.

If she starts crying in front of Ashton he was probably going to through himself in Charlie's pool. He is such a fucking idiot.

Her eyes lift and meet Ashton's for a moment before Calum gently pulls her away. Ashton opens his mouth to say something but no words come out and then she is gone and back in the house. Charlie and Michael are gone too. It's just Luke and Ashton.

Ashton sits down on the bench next to Luke and makes it swing slightly as he does so. Luke begins laughing hysterically.

"That was cold!" He laughs at Ashton.

"Just looking out for you." Ashton fakes a smile and pats Luke on the back and sits back.

"I'm still going to try though." Luke states.

"What?" Ashton asks in alarm.

"Every virgin has to lose it at some point." Luke shrugs. "And I intend on making sure Jade loses it." He smirks.

"Do you know how fucking creepy you sound sometimes." Ashton punches Luke in the arm. Probably a lot harder than he usually would but he was pissed at him.

Luke shrugs. "So what's the plan?"

The plan? Right, who where they going to try and sleep with now since Jade and Charlie were pretty much off limits.

Ashton shrugs. He really likes Jade. He wants to be with Jade right now. Apologizing for what he just did to her. He would explain it then confess his feelings then kiss her. He would apologize to her and then just tell her the reason he had to get Luke away from her. He likes - loves her. Then he would kiss her. Then they would be together forever.

But Jade was probably crying on Calum's shoulder right now. Then they would go home and Jade will never want to speak to Ashton again and he would never see her again. Then her and Calum would probably go to some big academic school together and end up together an get married and have some kids and be lawyers and doctors and be really happy with a house in the suburbs. Ashton only has football, that's it. He would like to say he has Jade but he doesn't and probably never will. And it's all his fault.

With that thought in mind Ashton comes to his conclusion.

"Let's get fucking pissed."

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

531K 10.6K 28
First series I wrote! I wanted to write this because there are only a few series of this topic that involves the 5SOS boys so enjoy! :)
28K 358 21
BOOK 2 "It's either me, or her, not both of us Luke. So please tell me, who do you want? Who do you love?"
117K 5.2K 25
you're just a project. not a lover. copyright 2014 completed.
17.7K 1.4K 102
⤷ you're the only thing that's going on in my mind. [completed] → content warning: homophobia depression