Soft Whispers - Fred Weasley...

By uglydiaries

šƒšŽš'š“ š˜šŽš” š’š„š„ š–š‡š€š“ š˜šŽš” šƒšŽ š“šŽ šŒš„? šˆ š‚š€š'š“ š„š€š“, š’š‹š„š„š, šŽš‘ šš‹šŽšŽšƒš˜ š“... More

Author's note
[ Chapter 1 ]
[ Chapter 2 ]
[ Chapter 3 ]
[ Chapter 4 ]
[ Chapter 5 ]
[ Chapter 6 ]
[ Chapter 7 ]
A/N
[ Chapter 8 ]
[ Chapter 9 ]
[ Chapter 10 ]
[ Chapter 11 ]
[ Chapter 12 ]
[ Chapter 13 ]
[ Chapter 14 ]
[ Chapter 16 ]
[ Chapter 17 ]
[ Chapter 18 ]
[ Chapter 19 ]
[ Chapter 20 ]
[ Chapter 21 ]
[ Chapter 22 ]
[ Chapter 23 ]
[ Chapter 24 ]
[ Chapter 25 ]
[ Chapter 26 ]
[Chapter 27 ]
[ Chapter 28 ]
[ Chapter 29 ]
[ Chapter 30 ]
[ Chapter 31 ]
[ Chapter 32 ]
[ Chapter 33 ]
[ Chapter 34 ]
[ Chapter 35 ]
[ Chapter 36 ]
[ Chapter 37 ]
[ Chapter 38 ]
[ Chapter 39 ]
[ Chapter 40 ]
[ Chapter 41 ]
[ Chapter 42 ]
[ Chapter 43 ]
[ Chapter 44 ]
[ Chapter 45 ]
[ Chapter 46 ]
[ Chapter 47 ]
[ Chapter 48 ]
[ Chapter 49 ]
[ Chapter 50 ]
[ Chapter 51 ]
[ Chapter 52 ]
[ Chapter 53]
[ Chapter 54 ]
Surprise <3
[ Chapter 55 ]
[ Chapter 56 ]
[ Chapter 57 ]
[Chapter 58]
[ Chapter 59 ]
[ Chapter 60 ]
[ Chapter 61 ]
Author Note <3
[ Chapter 62 ]
[ Chapter 63 ]
[ Chapter 64 ]
[ Chapter 65 ]
[ Chapter 66 ]

[ Chapter 15 ]

3.7K 94 287
By uglydiaries

A/N: I hope everyone's holidays were wonderful! Here is a somewhat long filler chapter :) sorry if it's not the best. I needed to introduce new characters that will have important roles through the upcoming chapters. 

"What is she doing in here?"

"I don't know, but don't you think she looks cute all curled up next to Freddie?"

"Should we wake them?"

(Y/n) stirred in her sleep as the voices around her had gotten louder. She gently moved to her side but found that she couldn't. She slowly opened her eyes letting them adjust to the light as she looked down to see Fred's arm wrapped around her. His head resting in the nook of her neck.

She glanced up to see both George and Lee with smirks on their faces as they observed the two teenagers in front of them.

"How'd you sleep (Y/n)?" George asked once he had realized that she was up, meeting her eye.

She let out a small sigh as she tugged Fred's arm off of her, sitting up and stretching with a yawn. "Really good actually. Thank you for asking," She said sarcastically as she shrugged her shoulders. The flash back of last night hitting her completely. She looked down at Fred's sleeping body before looking back up to her friends.

"I suggest you wake him since we have quidditch practice soon. I'll see you on the pitch," She said before taking his blankets off of herself and walking out the room without a second look. She climbed down the boy's dormitory stairs and back up to the girls as she opened her door.

Angelina and Alicia were already up, sporting their quidditch gear. Angelina's hair in a tight braid as Alicia had hers in a high ponytail.

"And where were you last night missy?" Angelina asked with an amused look on her face as she starred at (Y/n). (Y/n) just shook her head as she reached over to her trunk pulling out her outfit.

"I couldn't sleep," she mumbled as she threw on her uniform and pulling out a spare of clothes that she could change into after practice.

"And that meant you would sleep in the boys room?" Alicia teased as they made their way down the stairs where the rest of the team was waiting.

"Exactly," (y/n) said with a wink as she walked over to Fred and George.

Fred immediately spotting his best friend beamed with delight as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "You okay?" He whispered so no one else would hear.

"Mhmm hmm," (Y/n) said in between a yawn. "Thank you," she said meeting his eye. A smile enchanting it's way on her face as he matched it. It was times like this that (y/n) felt grateful to have Fred in her life. She was still feeling wary since the nightmare she had that night was still fresh in her mind, but Fred took all those worries away.

"Okay now that we're all here let's go down to the pitch," Oliver said breaking the trance (y/n) felt herself being drawn into.

Both Fred and George had an arm wrapped around her shoulder as they walked in perfect sink. Angelina and Alicia walking slightly ahead as they talked about the latest gossip that they had heard.

The group of Gryffindors made their way onto the pitch. Oliver was talking nonstop about a new play he had seen and wanted the chasers to be able to try out. Not that (y/n) was complaining. She had mad respect for Oliver. All in all, he was a really good captain.

"Oh no," (y/n) whispered as she saw a flash of green and silver approach them.

"I don't believe this," Oliver hissed as he stopped right in front of Marcus Flint. "Flint! This is our practice time. I booked the field."

"Ah," said Flint as he drew dangerously close to Oliver. "But I have a specially signed note here from Professor Snape." He reached in his pocket pulling out a letter and waving it in front of Oliver's face.

Oliver snatched the letter reading it over a few times before meeting Flint's eyes. "You have a new seeker? Who?"

(Y/n) watched as the Slytherin team moved aside as Draco Malfoy stepped into view. A smirk on the corner of his mouth as he held his broom in his hand.

"Malfoy?" Harry asked, bewildered as he locked eyes with the blonde boy. (Y/n) moved closer, resting a hand on Harry's shoulder.

"Funny you should mention Malfoy. Look at what his dad graciously gifted all of us," Flint said holding out his broom, along with the rest of the team.

(Y/n) felt her mouth drop open as she stared at the Nimbus Two Thousand and One. It was beautiful, a broom she knew she'd never be able to ride but dreamed so hard to.

"Very latest model only came out last month," Flint continued as his eyes gleamed with pleasure. His eyes shifting for a moment before chuckling. "Oh no looks like we have a field invasion."

(Y/n) looked up to see both Ron and Hermione had entered the circle- probably to check on what the commotion was all about.

"What's happening?" Ron asked as he stood next to (Y/n) and Harry. "Why aren't you playing? And what is he doing here?" He spat gesturing towards Malfoy.

"I'm the new Slytherin Seeker, Weasley," Malfoy boasted, sticking his chest slightly out as he did. "Everyone's just been admiring our new brooms. I assume we could raffle off those Cleansweep fives; I expect a museum would bid them."

(Y/n) shot a nervous glance over to the twins who now had their hands gripped tightly around their brooms. Her own Cleansweep wrapped around the palm of her hand.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy there way in," Hermione said sharply. "They all got in on pure talent."

Malfoy's face turned in to disgust as he turned towards Hermione. "No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood."

(Y/n) slightly gasped as chaos broke out all around her. She had turned towards Fred and George to stop them from plummeting Malfoy's face into the ground. Alicia and Angelina trying to help hold them back.

"He's not worth it. Freddie, look at me." (Y/n) said meeting his eyes. His gaze fell on hers, slowly softening.

"How dare you!" Ron said moving in front of Hermione. "You'll pay for that one Malfoy. Eat slugs!" He screamed pointing his wand at the blonde boy. A jet of green light shot out of Ron's wand hitting himself straight in the chest as he fell backwards.

"Ron!" (Y/n) yelled racing up to the boy that now had his back to the ground. Hermione and Harry right beside him. "Are you alright?"

Ron opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. Instead, he gave a mighty belch and several slugs dibbed out of his mouth onto his lap. The Slytherin team were paralyzed with laughter as they pointed their fingers towards him.

Hermione and Harry dragged him away to what (Y/n) hoped was Madam Pomfrey but new better as she saw them head towards Hagrid's Hut.

"Come on (Y/n) lets go change out of our uniform," Angelina said as the group of Gryffindors walked to the locker room. Oliver not saying a word the rest of the time.

After complaining to the girls that it was not fair what had happened to Hermione, the girls made their way outside to find the twins waiting for them.

"Hey, don't wait up for me I'm going to head to the library to catch up on some homework before first period," (Y/n) said waving to the group.

"But we haven't seen you," Fred said falling into steps with her.

"We were hoping you'd want to do a prank with us," George continued giving her a sheepish smile.

(Y/n) smiled at her two best friends, putting an arm around their waist. "I promise we'll do a prank tonight. I just really need to work on my potion's homework. I'll catch up later." She said, heading towards where the library was.

Plopping herself in a chair towards the back she grabbed her bag pulling out her ink and parchment, with her potion's textbook. It had only been the first day and Snape had already assigned them an essay on how the properties of Dawdle Draught were used.

(Y/n) was so lost in thought on the idea of completing her essay that she hadn't even realized that someone had taken it upon themselves to sit in front of her. It wasn't until someone had cleared their throat that she looked up from her essay startled.

Wren Thompson was sitting in the seat across from her. He wasn't someone she knew well. He was a Ravenclaw in her year with bright blue eyes and blonde hair that shined with golden hues.

"Hi," he said with a warm smile. "Potions?"

(Y/n) looked him up and down before returning the smile. "Hi, and yeah I'm just about done."

"I'm Wren-"

"I know who you are," (Y/n) said with a laugh. "We've had transfiguration together for the last four years."

Wren stretched his arms out on the table as he rested his head, looking at (y/n) with a soft smile. "Right, well (Y/n) I was hoping you could help me with something."

"Okay," she said a little wary. "What exactly do you need help with?"

"I like this person, and well you happen to be really close with them, and I thought well I hoped you'd help me get with them." Wren face had turned a slight pink as he looked towards the ground.

(Y/n) reached over and grabbed his hand, giving him a warm smile when he turned to look at her. Though she didn't know Wren really well, he had always been super sweet during passing periods.

"Of course, who is it?"

"Lee Jordan," he whispered.

"You ditched us for a prank so you could hang out with a Ravenclaw?"

(Y/n) turned around to see both Fred and George standing behind her. George's mouth wide open as he looked at Wren's hands wrapped in hers. Fred's face was unreadable as he locked eyes with her.

"What are you guys even doing here?"

"Looking for you," Fred spat, not making eye contact. "Team meeting, Wood just called it. You do remember where your house loyalty is right?" He asked- turning around and storming out of the library.

(Y/n) looked over to George who just shrugged and mouthed 'sorry' as he chased after his twin.

"Sorry I didn't mean to make your boyfriend jealous." Wren said with a small smile as he pulled his hand out of (Y/n)'s. "I don't want to start anything."

"Boyfriend? Wha... no, I mean Fred? He's just a friend." (Y/n) said feeling the heat rise to her cheeks.

"Don't be blind (Y/n) that Weasley twin is in love with you."

"Love?" (Y/n) swore the whole library could hear her heart beat out of her chest as she shook her head. "We're just best friends. Look, I have to go to this meeting, but I'll help you with Lee. I'll see you later Wren!" (Y/n) said waving to him.

"Tell Fred I'm gay." Wren called back as she ran through the corridor up to where the common room is.

She reached the Fat lady within five minutes, panting out of breath as she said the password and entered inside.

"Finally," Oliver said as he looked her over. She just shook her head as she went to go stand by Angelina. Not wanting to meet Fred's eye. "I called this meeting to let you know I have now booked the pitch tonight. Our first match is against Slytherin and I'll be damn if we lose against them. Now let's go get something to eat before it all runs out."

The group separated, and as (Y/n) tried to walk over to Fred he bolted out the door. She let out a sigh as she fell into steps with Angelina and Alicia.

"Do you think Fred's been acting different?" (Y/n) asked as she let her mind wander. She didn't like the tension that was now building up between herself and Fred. She couldn't understand why he didn't like her being around Wren, or even Cedric for that matter.

"No why? Trouble in paradise?" Angelina asked as she nudged (Y/n)'s side. (Y/n) just let out a huff as she rolled her eyes.

"Don't be ridiculous just seems a little different today, that's all. I'll meet you guys in first period. I'm not really up for breakfast today."

The girls shared a look before nodding and heading off in different directions. (Y/n) turned to the greenhouse where her Herbology class was.

She was the first one to arrive to class and took her usual seat. Luckily, Fred was her partner, and she would finally be able to ask him what was bothering him so much. She couldn't shake the tone of voice he had given her. They rarely ever fought and it killed her inside. She didn't even know what they were fighting about.

Students started to trickle in, and (Y/n) felt her heartbeat quicken as she looked at all the students coming in. Her eyes met with brown ones instantly, and she felt her breath hitch in the back of her throat. Hazel Flint had her arm wrapped around Fred's waist. She was a Slytherin that had a strong distaste for her. She had called her a mudblood back in their second year. 

She was giggling at something Fred had said as she pulled him to the seat next to hers. (Y/n) looked away not wanting to see anymore as her heart dropped. He is not your boyfriend, relax. She thought to herself over and over again as the seat next to her moved. She looked up to see George. He gave her a small smile as he pulled his textbook out.

"Did I do something wrong?" (Y/n) asked, her voice breaking at the end.

George looked down at his best friend, his heart breaking at her words. He reached over, grabbing her hand. "(Y/n), you could never to anything wrong. I don't know what's going on with Freddie, but it'll be okay."

"He did this last time with Cedric. I don't want to repeat that fight." Her voice hung low as Professor Sprout entered the room.

"I know Carter, I know."

Herbology had gone by painfully slow and as soon as the bell had rung (Y/n) bolted out of the class. The whole period she could hear Hazel flirting and laughing with Fred.

When did he even like Slytherins?

She let out a sigh as she turned down an empty corridor, sliding her back down against a wall. She still had a good twenty minutes before her next class, and she felt like she needed a breather. Closing her eyes she counted to ten as she tried to calm her breathing.

"(Y/n)?"

(Y/n) shook her head, recognizing the voice instantly. "What?" she spat out, looking Fred in the eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? Really? You! You are what is wrong," she said getting up from the ground and stepping closer to Fred. "I get that you think you might have my best interest at heart, and as my best friend you feel entitled to try and protect me, or whatever you think you're doing," she said gesturing her hands in an up and down motion as she pointed towards him. Her voice rising as she continued to speak, "But you do not get to act cold towards me when I hangout with someone new. It's getting old. You did this with Cedric, and now Wren. Who by the way is gay. And then you have the nerve to leave me hanging as your herbology partner to be with Hazel? Like seriously? Do you not remember what she called me our second year?" Her voice broke as tears of frustration fell down her face. "I just want my best friend back. I don't like this."

Fred's face softened, as he reached over and pulled her into a hug. Not realizing that the jealously in him was pulling them apart. "I am so sorry (Y/n). I'm so sorry." He said rubbing small circles on her back. "I've been a git and I know I have. I just don't want you to get hurt. I can't stand it."

"You're the only one hurting me Freddie."

"(Y/n)" Fred said, his voice coming out hoarse as he tried to hide the sadness that was evident in himself "Let's not fight anymore. I didn't mean what I said about the house loyalty. I'm just sorry."

(Y/n) wrapped her hands around his waist pulling him in closer, breathing in his scent. "It's okay Freddie."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.7K 711 40
"Tš”šžš«šž š¢š¬ š¬šØš¦šžš­š”š¢š§š  ššš›šØš®š­ š²šØš® š­š”ššš­ š¦ššš¤šžš¬ š¦šž šŖš®šžš¬š­š¢šØš§ š¦š² š¬ššš§š¢š­š²," š”šž š°š”š¢š¬š©šžš«šžš š›š«šžššš­...
520K 14.6K 52
*WARNING! This book contains mature themes such as drinking, drug use, explicit language, mentions of suicide, sexual content, abuse, and more. Pleas...
9.6K 179 12
"Cassiopeia Lynx Weasley. I thought you were dead seeing as you were born premature. But you are a (?????????) and best friend of (?????) . So I won'...
11.7K 144 22
This story was previously named "The Things You Do To Me." And "The Blue Rose" - The Main antagonist in this story; Voldemort. When Voldemort recrui...