Through Nation's Eyes (Under...

By Indiscrowshed

Veneziano goes into the library of the World Meeting building in Germany. He finds a mysterious book with eve... More

Prologue
Pineapples
A Jerk Bastard.
Forest
Babies, Lots and Lots of Babies
Why Are You Here?
Yáadilá
An Old Enemy, And Lost Famliy Pt.1
An Old Enemy, And Lost Family Pt.2
Melting Pots
A Germanic Mess
Dine and Discuss
Deep Ties Pt-1
Deep Ties Pt-2
Deep Ties Pt-3
Italia?
Deep Ties Pt-4
Intermission
Vertical European Trial
Celtic Trial
Diagonal European Trial
East Asian Trial
Native American Trial
North American Trial
Back to the Program
Old Nightmare
Last Hours
Epilouge
Author's Note

Mediterranean Trial

806 19 0
By Indiscrowshed

The night hadn't gone as well as hoped. Most nations took a while to fall asleep. A few weren't even able to.

For the ones that did manage to sleep, it was uneasy. There was a persistent sinking feeling in their stomachs.

This was originally just diary entries and things like that. How did it go to watching how they lost their parents and grandparents?

What were the Ancients doing for this?

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

The Ancients were watching over the nations. They had been informed that these memories would occur an they would be watched, but that didn't mean they liked it. Why did they have to traumatize the nations by forcing them to watch or rewatch their deaths?

The Ancients hated it. Despised it. Those memories could burn for all the damns they gave.

"It will only go on for a bit longer. It's only a matter of time." Ancient Greece soothed.

The other ancients nodded silently and went back to quietly watching the day unfold.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

The Nations all eventually flooded into the Journal Room and waited for the memory to begin.

The now familiar flash of light engulfed the room as the next memory began to play.

Ancient Egypt was in what seemed to be a government building. There was another man sitting at a table in front of her. He seemed to be writing hieroglyphics.

"This will prove extremely useful at a later time." Ancient Egypt smiled.

"Khemer, what will happen now that these so-called 'Romans' are coming over. They seem to want to expand and grow their empire, how do we know they won't try to annex us and take our kingdom and lands."

"I'm not sure. However, we must remain on our guard, at least until we know for sure."

The man writing sighed.
"Yes, you're right. I can continue the rest of this. Also, I think Gupta is looking for you."

"Oh, alright. I'll go look for him. I'll see you later." Ancient Greece smiled.

"Right, see you!" The man says.

The scene changed to show Ancient Egypt and Gupta standing at the top of a building. They were looking over Roman soldiers. The nations soon noticed Ancient Egypt was holding a sword.

"Gupta, you need to hide near the Nile. I will deal with the Romans." Ancient Egypt said.

"What? But, when do I come back out?" Gupta asked

"That depends. If we win, find me pack with the pharaoh. If we lose, find Menes. He will help you."

"Why not find you even if we lose?"

"Because, if we lose, it means I will fade." Ancient Egypt stated, looking towards her feet.

"W-What?! Y-You won't die! Please don't joke about that mut!" Gupta cried.

"I'm sorry Gupta, but it is a very possibility. If I do die, please, don't remain hung up on my death. The world will not wait for you, and I know you are strong." Ancient Egypt smiled solemnly.

The scene changed again to show Ancient Egypt fighting Rome. They're swords had just clashed when Ancient Egypt spoke.

"Damnit Flirty Bastard, why are you doing this?!"

Rome stayed silent and swung his sword again.

Ancient Egypt grunted as she blocked his sword once again.

The two of them continued to fight, their swords clashing again and again.

Finally, Rome rose his sword again.

And swiftly brought it down, slashing Ancient Egypt across the torso.

Ancient Egypt let out a loud cry of pain. She fell to the ground.

"I'm sorry, Khemar." Rome said sadly.

"J-Just, don't let Egypt get himself k-killed, Flirty B-Bastard." Ancient Egypt muttered. She fell limp as the blood seeped out of the wound and soaked into the ground.

She stopped breathing as Rome crouched near her body.

"MUT!"

The nations stayed silent while Greece went over to comfort Egypt.

Their mothers were close, so the death hit both of them hard.

The nations didn't have much time before the next memory began.

Ancient Greece seemed to be walking somewhere in a city.

Eventually, she walked up to a large building. The nations looked at the steps to see a much younger, and sleeping, Greece.

"Heh, why am I not surprised you're sleeping here again?" Ancient Greece chuckled.

She shook Heracles to try to wake him up. He responded by quietly snoring.

Ancient Greece silently chuckled as she picked up her sleeping son and carried him back home.

The scene changed. Ancient Greece laid Heracles onto his bed and left the room.

Ancient Greece's smile disappeared.
"How am I supposed to tell him that I am to fade soon. I can sense it, but I don't know what to tell him."

Ancient Greece looked out the window with a solemn look.

"But I have a bad feeling I won't be the only one leaving soon."

The memory faded away, catching the nations off guard.

"Wait, why'd it stop? She didn't die yet. Why did the memory fade?" America asks.

Greece and Egypt looked at the ground of another memory fading in.

"Something tells me that we're about to find out, though I think I already know why." Turkey states.

The next memory finished faded in to show the city of Constantinople. Byzantium was standing in a large building.

The nations then noticed he was holding Lovino, Feliciano, and Florence.

"Fratellone, can I ask you a question?" Feliciano asked.

"Hm? Of course. What is it δελφός νεώτερος?"

"Will you fade like Nonno?"

Byzantium flinched back a bit, caught off guard by the sudden question.

"Don't even joke about that fratellino!" Florence exclaimed.

"Fratellino, are you having nightmares again?" Lovino asked, "We told you to bring it up if you did!"

"Sì, I have, I just wanted to know."

"Wait, what about nightmares? And why did you ask that so specifically?" Greenland asks.

"Wait, who are you again?" An unknown nation asks.

"I'm Greenland!"

A few nations rubbed their necks awkwardly.

"We'll to answer that, Veneziano sometimes has something like prophetic dreams. There were quite a few times where he had some kind of dream where it would show something like a torn up flag flying before falling to the ground. After that dream, we would find out that one of the Ancients died. It's happened multiple times." Romano explains.

The room of nations made sounds of understanding before turning back to the memory.

Byzantium was silent for a moment before speaking.

"I believe so, I've been having a bad feeling for a while now. I most likely will fade soon. When I do, I want you to stay with others that will help you. But I want you to stay together, if possible." Byzantium stated.

The three Italian children seemed to sadden, but nodded their heads to agree to their brother's request.

The scene changed once again, Ancient Greece holding a sword standing in the middle of a battle.

"Mother!"

"Byzantium! Quickly! We must hold off the Ottomans to our dying breath!"

"Of course!"

The two ancients ran into the battle. They fought through some of the soldiers as they finally got to Sadik.

"Turkey, you damn bastard. We won't have to fight you if you leave us in peace!" Byzantium shouted.

"Hellas, Acacius, you know I can't do that. I will be taking Constantinople for myself. I do wish to expand my empire after all." Sadik laughed.

"Damnit Sadik." Ancient Greece muttered.

"Then we will be taking you down ourselves!" Byzantium exclaimed.

"Fine, see what happens to you fools."

Ancient Greece and Byzantium charged at Sadik, whom narrowly avoided being slashed by blocking their attack with one swift move with his sword.

The fight continued. Swords cutting through the air, followed by them clashing. A few times the ancients getting a cut on their opponent. Sometimes a few more serious injuries from being slashed.

Finally, Sadik forced a gravely wounded Ancient Greece to the ground.

"Do you surrender Hellas?" Sadik smirked.

"Never!"

Sadik smirked as he rose his sword to give the fatal blow on Ancient Greece.

"MOTHER!!"

Byzantium charged up behind Sadik with the intent to kill the Ottoman. Sadik smirked dropped as he narrowly avoided being slashed by the angered Byzantine.

Byzantium stood protectively in front of Ancient Greece, preparing to strike Sadik. Byzantium began to sprint towards Sadik and tried to slash him with his sword. Sadik managed to block the attack as their swords clashed.

Their swords clashed for several more minutes. Finally, Sadik slashed Byzantium across the torso, leaving a deep gash the began to bleed out quickly. Byzantium let out a near bloodcurdling cry of pain as he fell to the ground.

"ACACIUS!!" Ancient Greece cried. She found the strength in her to get up an charge Sadik. The look in her eyes was pure anger, it was clear she intended to kill Sadik.

However, she still had grave wounds. She managed to pull through an give Sadik a couple near fatal wounds before falling to the ground. Weak from the blood loss due too her injuries.

Sadik used her vulnerability to finally strike down the ancient.

"I'm sorry my children. I will meet you again, soon enough." Ancient Greece smiled somberly.

Sadik smirked, but quickly began to frown as he remembered all her children. Even if the people were mistreated due to his government, he promised to himself he would try to take care of her children. He left Ancient Greece's body to meet up with his generals.

After a few minutes, the Greek woman stopped breathing.

The memory finally faded away leaving the countries in the Journal Room.

Greece and the Italians noticeably had tears in their eyes. They had taken losing their mother and/or brother as well as you'd think.

"Does everyone want to get something to eat before we continue? Because some of us are hungry and some need some comfort." Ukrain asks.

The other nations nodded and went about their usual business after watching these memories.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
The Ancients were watching over the nations. How they were absolutely despising their families having to watch them die again.

"Who's deaths are going to be shown next?" A colony in the group asks.

"I'm guessing, based on previous memories, we're going east." Ancient Egypt states.

The others nod as they continue to watch over the tense nations.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
What's this? Two updates? Just minutes after each other?
Yep, I actually finished this chapter before the Diagonal European Trial, so this will come out shortly after the last chapter.
(Note that this bit is being typed before I finished the previous chapter)

I had to redraw the top picture for this chapter like, 3 times.

I want to finish up these memories to move back on to journal entries, so there will only be three more of these chapters.

Once the trial chapters are complete, it will be back to the journal. And trying to finally finish this book.

Btw- I write all of these on my phone and when writing "ancients", I will sometimes hit the x instead of the c. But like, "Anxients" looks so much cooler than "Ancients". We could of had it spelled really cool, but noooooo~
English why?!

Translations:
Mut- Egyptian- Mother
Fratallone- Italian- Big/Older Brother
δελφός νεώτερος- Ancient Greek- Little brother
Nonno- Italian- Grandpa
Fratellino- Italian- Little brother
Sì- Italian- Yes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

475 27 9
Angst, limes, lemons with anyone from Hetalia (as long as it's legal). 2p and Nyos as well. "But why?" one might ponder. Hetalia is coming back in 20...
112K 2K 17
A selected bundle of nations is gathered after a mysterious letter involving America shows up at their door. Once they all arrived a light freezes ti...
40.8K 1.8K 15
Romano and Italy get into a nasty fight, ending with Romano declaring war on the younger brother. Italy seeks Germany for help and Romano runs off to...
78.7K 1.6K 67
So hello everyone! This will be an odd collection of headcannons and such of hetalia (x reader of course) ALSO IM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS ~~~ Enjoy:3