Safe Haven - Book One [BxB|18...

Galing kay as_it_should_be

Book one of [Dandelion & Daisy] & Prequel of [Paradise] . "...Let's dance in the breeze together forever, dan... Higit pa

Before you proceed on reading...
Author's Note, Characters
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
Interlude
19
20
21
22
23
Interlude❗
24
25🥀
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35🥀
36
37
38
39
Love Record
40
41
42❗
43
44
45
46
Interlude❗
47❗
48
49🥀
Blue Feeling
50
51
52❗
53
54
55
56
58
59
60
61
62❗
63
64🥀
65
66
67
68
Special Chapter: Levi
69
70❗
71❗
72
73
74
75
76❗
Epilogue
Valentine's Day Special
Not an Update, But A Token of Gratitude

57

312 31 0
Galing kay as_it_should_be

Please feel free to correct my writings! :)

Let me sleep
I am tired of my grief
And I would like you
To love me, to love me, to love me

Winter Aid - The Wisp Sings

___________________

Kana flutter opens his doe eyes as his conscious mind comes back from the dreamland. This is the second time he had woken up throughout the night. Not bad, only twice in a span of 4 to 5 hours is already an achievement. Kana let out a soft whimper and buries his beautiful face to the fluffy brown hair, inhaling the familiar sandalwood shampoo scent of the older. His slender fingers unconsciously stroke the locks affectionately, taming the strands that are sticking out messily. The gentle gesture is making the owner of the silky locks snuggle closer. The adonis tighten his embrace and buries his handsome face deeper into the younger's chest. His content humming yet sleepy voice is muffled by the lack of a gap between them.

Then suddenly, the older's phone rings, making the owner of that damn noisy object groans and grab his dandelion's hands to close his exposed ear. Kana chuckles but doesn't say anything since the sunlight is not even seeping into the bedroom yet. But it seems the caller is persistent because the phone kept on ringing even after the adonis ignore it for so long. Sam finally groans angrily and pulls away from the warm embrace. He rolls towards the nightstand to grab his phone. The adonis sits up and answers, ready to spit fire to the other line, "WHAT?!"

Kana soon follows as he comes closer and rubs the older's shoulder, trying to silently calm the latter down. He pities the caller for getting the older's wrath so early in the day. But then again, the caller is so inconsiderate for calling Sam in the early dawn.

The younger feels the older's body tense up after hearing the frantic voice from the other line. The caller seems to be upset about something. Sam let out a sigh and reassure the person on the other line. His baritone voice turns softer, "Calm down... are you sure?... Ok... Just continue what you're doing and I'll take care of this, alright?... Yes, don't worry... Ok, I'll tell him. Thank you for the news."

Once the call ended, the adonis turns his gaze to the dandelion with a concerning look, making Kana confusedly tilts his head. Sam finally share the information, "Vin is in the hospital. Someone ...stabbed him."

The dandelion's breath stop as his eyes wavers. The high-pitched ring starts to deafen his sense of hearing. The younger immediately goes out of bed and runs out of the bedroom. Sam soon follows, trying to chase the panicking Kana while calling for him, "Babe!"

Kana's long legs automatically stride faster as his doe eyes now go wide. He takes 2 to 3 steps to descend the stairs, not caring how dangerous it is for him. He tripped at the last few steps, making his right ankle bent awkwardly as his body falls hard to the carpeted floor. Sam's baritone voice from upstairs shouts in panic, "Kana!"

But the younger immediately stands up and limping towards the front door, ignoring the pain on his knees and right ankle. Before he can open the front door, a veiny hand grab his waist, colliding his tense body to the latter. The other pale hand envelopes his hand on the doorknob. The palm gently rubs his knuckles as the baritone voice brings back his consciousness, "Calm down, Kana. He's fine. There's nothing to worry about."

"But, Vin-"

"Baby, Bri- Shane told me that Vin is already in a stable state and currently resting. The operation went really well and someone is already there to take care of him. I bet the hospital visiting hours are not even open yet. You don't even know which hospital he's in and haven't change out of your night attire. I'll take you there once we're ready and the hospital allowed visiting time, alright?" Sam gently reason out to Kana, who still look frantic. 

The younger's brain starts to move its gears, thinking about every possible scenario that causes Vin's accident. He can't help to connect this horrible event to the man who has given him constant nightmares, "Who did this to him, Sam? How come... I mean... Is it because of him? I..."

The older immediately understand what the latter meant but chose to not say the name. Instead, he tries to soothe the younger, "Sshh baby, calm down. Stop panicking. Don't think about it too much. Let's take a deep breath slowly first." he guides and rubs the latter's back.

Kana follows Sam's guidance, making his anxiety slowly subduing and his heart starts to beat steadily. Then he squints his doe eyes and let out a hiss, finally realizing the throbbing pain on both of his knees and right ankle. The older kneels down and immediately check the reddening skin on the younger knees. He then looks down and grimaces the moment he sees the ankle has starts to swell. Sam stands up and helps to support Kana by protectively wraps his arm back to the slender waist, "Let's treat that first. We need to put ice on it."

The care and affection of the older ease his panic self. All of the older's realistic reason at least help him to feel less uneasy. Sam's right. The most important thing right now is to see how Vin is doing than to think about who the culprit is. It's better to wait for the hospital to allow visiting hours than just standing there demanding to see Vin. The taller friend needs his rest as well. Kana eventually nods and let Sam lead him to the kitchen.

The adonis lifts the dandelion so the latter can sit on the kitchen island. He then goes to the freezer and takes out several reusable readied ice packs. Sam carefully lift and straighten Kana's right leg to the counter. Luckily, his spacious kitchen island is more than enough to rest Kana's long limb. The adonis carefully put the ice pack on the swollen ankle and he moves to check the bruised knees. He sighs in reliefs and put another ice pack on each of them, "Seems like nothing is broken." his onyx orbs looks at the brown ones, "Please stop trying to give me a heart attack. Don't descend the stairs so carelessly like that. Now, look at what happened. What if you broke your ankle or fracture your knees? Vin doesn't need a roommate in the hospital." the older scolds, "We'll go to the doctor as well when we're there to make sure you're fine."

Kana let out a soft snort as his frown turns into a small smile. Sam pouts, "This is not a laughing matter, babe. I'm serious."

"You are the kindest and most gentle villain I ever met.", the dandelion says as he tilts his head while smiling to the adonis.

Sam chuckles as his worry begins to die down after seeing Kana already calm and even starts being witty, "We're like Beauty and The Beast, aren't we?" the older jokes as he gazes to the injury and keeps his hand to steady the ice pack on the bruised knee, "But it seems the curse goes backwards. I've become more like a beast as the day passed by."

Kana silently gaze the adonis, trying to read the latter expression. Then he gazes down to the strong hand that is resting on his knee, on top of the ice pack. The dandelion starts to gently run his slender fingers on the tip of the adonis's finger. His soft touch slowly goes to feel the pale knuckle and run his fingers to the protruding vessel. His digits slowly trace the unstraight lines, memorizing the beautiful blue and green streaks underneath the pale skin. He let out a gentle smile and mutters, "Even if you're turning into one, you are still the daisy that I adore. Even if the world turns away from you, I will always be your safe haven."

His doe eyes pay attention to his own digits' movements. The pale hand of the older glisten underneath the warm light. He can't seem to move his gaze from them, the pair of beautiful hands that always so gentle with him as if he's made of glass. The pair of hands that always so careful handling him as if he's easily scratched by the slightest touch. He slowly intertwines their fingers and looks at the silver metal band on his middle finger that glints under the kitchen light. The promise to stay together eternally. Kana mutters, "I'm sorry for leaving you back then."

The adonis looks up, seeing the dandelion who still gaze at their intertwining hands, the younger continues, "I didn't think all of it through. Believe me that I needed to make that decision. It's not my intention at all to abandon you. Forgive me for not being able to tell you the reason as to why I did it. I thought I did the right thing to let you go and I was so sure that I'll able be free the moment I left. But you know how truly wrong my prediction is." Kana chuckles, "I was too confident, believing that I can live without your presence."

Kana finally look up, facing the handsome adonis that shows unreadable expression to him. The younger let out a gentle smile, "I won't forbid you anymore."

The warm brown orbs fondly gaze to the onyx ones, admiring the clear and glassy dark eyes that reflect his ethereal features, "But that doesn't mean I will like what you do, Sam. It's just that..."

Kana sigh as his doe eyes begins to get glassy, "I'm tired of being scared. I don't want to be sad and cry anymore."

The younger then wipe the single drop of tear that escapes from his eyes, "I'm sorry for making you do this for me. I'm sorry for tainting your hands for me," he softly says as he moves his gaze back to the intertwining hands, "I really don't want you to go out there. But if he is really the reason for... and starts to harm people around me, then I can't just quietly stand around and do nothing. I know I sound like a damsel in distress and shove all of the bad things to you, but I am. I don't know what I should do. I'm fine if he's targeting me alone. But he... I'm too scared to face him alone. I'm sorry, Sam." 

The older gently squeeze the slender fingers between his own, seeing the dandelion begins to look frustrated, "It's alright, Kana. You don't have to apologize for relying on me. I told you I will do it for you."

The dandelion bit his trembling lower lip as the tears slowly descending, then let out a soft exhale, "I know you said it's fine. It's a normal thing to do for you. It's just that... I don't want you to lose yourself, Sam. I'm afraid you won't be the same anymore."

Sam leans closer, "Kana... I've been doing this for the longest time I can remember. You don't have to worry about me changing for the worse. I will always stay the same. Nothing is going to change me. Just let me protect you with my power."

Kana sniffles and let the tears soak his cheeks. Sam reassurance doesn't really convince him, but what other choice does he have? The younger knows authorities won't be able to handle Charles. They never tried to save him when he was living in that house. Adding to his knowing that Som is here to take Sam away. What if she succeeded? Kana will be left alone again with a maniac who is obsessed with him.

He knows Sam won't be taken away easily. But what if Som tries the unthinkable ways to drag the adonis back? Kana knows their social circle are capable to do anything to gain what they want. After all, the younger is one of the victims from the dirty act.

He never felt this scared before. After knowing what freedom tastes like for 4 years, thinking of going back to those horrible years makes him terrified. Kana feels emotionally exhausted and vulnerable, desperately wants all of this to end. He just wants to be happy while holding Sam's hand. Why is it so hard to hold that strong hand of his?

Maybe it was a mistake for trying to hold the hand of someone who is clearly not of his league. Kana should've not accept that tantalizing hand from the start. But it's already too late to back down. And he can't leave even if he want to.

"I'm scared, Kai. I don't want to go back to those times." Kana mutters and sniffles.

Sam gently wipe the tears with his free hand, "Baby... You know I won't let that happen. Trust me, alright? Let me protect you, Eden."

The dandelion nods as he let out a soft exhale, trying to calm himself, "Please be careful out there and have mercy on him, that's all I can ask you. When you're done with everything you need to do and being out there, just come back to me and I will gladly be your refuge."

"Protect me with your power. Do what you want to do. But please remember to take care of the heart that I gave you." Kana says as his other hand moves to the older's chest, where the heart is currently beat. The glassy doe-eyes gaze to the thumping surface, "This one is tender and easily crack. So you have to be careful when handling it. Promise me once this one is hurting, don't hesitate and come back to me so I can heal it for you."

"Can I entrust this heart to you?" Kana asks as his dainty hand slightly move, silently send abundant affection to the beating organ.

Sam's tightened heart slowly loose its suffocating feeling as he hears the soothing voice of his dandelion. He leans closer and rests his other hand on the cold surface behind the younger. His onyx orbs directly gaze to the brown ones, taking in the vulnerable and scared sparkly eyes. He silently promised to himself to wipe those ugly feelings from those beautiful orbs, replacing it once more with their usual warmth and gentle gaze.

The adonis gently pulls their intertwining hands and starts to give multiple kisses to the dandelion's blemish lower arm, softly plant his affection to each one of the many scars on the tanned surface. He finally places the dainty palms to his cheek. He hums and cuts the gap between them, sealing the plum lips with his thin ones. The gentle kneads convey gratitude to the younger, thanking the latter for accepting him wholeheartedly.

The adonis pulls away slightly and speak, tickling the plump lips with his warm breath, "I promise you I will take good care of it. I promise I will come back to you no matter what happens. Heal me when I return to your warm embrace, my dear dandelion."

The dandelion hums and once again, close the gap between their tender lips, inviting the thin ones for another make-out session. He let out other tears as he silently apologizing to the older for dirtying those beautiful pale hands once more for him.

____________________

Not-so-fun fact about me: I'm also left-handed like Kana and I do sprain my right ankle a lot. Don't know why. Maybe I'm just an imbalance person.

Thank you for reading my work!

I sincerely hope you enjoy my writing :)

Please don't forget to vote and feel free to give me comments to help me write better :D

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

48.9K 4.4K 28
Alpha Mew and Omega Gulf meet - changing the course of both of their lives in one night. Their chemistry is unique, but can they succeed in overcomin...
70.2K 3.4K 34
its just an story made up by me about my most shipped bl couple MEWGULF.....😘 and actually it's my first time writing something.. I hope I'll make a...
23:59 Galing kay nurix5

General Fiction

49.5K 4.1K 27
They lived together. They separated. They met again. 23:59 is filled with sweet and painful memories. When they encounter each other again, will 23:...
103K 5.6K 32
Mew is such a coward ass for not telling his heart out earlier. He was scared that his feeling will ruin their friendship. But, their beautiful frien...