𝓣𝐎 𝓣𝐇𝐄 𝓜𝐎𝐎𝐍 | 𝙜𝙚𝙤...

By alexquacks

𝟎𝟎𝟏┊͙ 𝓣𝐎 𝓣𝐇𝐄 𝓜𝐎𝐎𝐍 ꗃ⋆₊*𓂃݊ 〘 𝙜𝙚𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 〙。 ༅ ˖⁺ ꒰ ☕️ ꒱ ⋆ ୭ ༘ [ UNDER EDITING,, b... More

i. first day jitters
ii. being adored
iii. simp material
iv. out for drinks
v. missing you
vi. social media exchange
vii. meeting your friends
viii. sweet names
x. first date
xi. to the moon
xii. surprising you
xiii. girls night out
xiv. ice cream
xv. why me?
xvi. to london
xvii. without you
xviii. here comes the boy
xix. dessert in the dark
xx. coffee & vanilla scones
xxi. our callisto
xxii. airport security
xxiii. early xmas miracle
xxiv. the check
xxv. game on
xxvi. christmas morning
xxvii. clout chaser
xxviii. we need space
xxix. the stream
xxx. forever and always
xxxi. new years kiss

ix. red roses

11.4K 303 842
By alexquacks

- george's pov -

"george!!" i heard dream exclaim. i was on a discord video call with my best friends once again, i genuinely don't go a day without chatting with them.

"what? what's the big deal?" i grumbled, looking down at my phone. i was waiting for a text back from angel after asking her about her work hours.

"what are you even doing, dumbass?" sapnap interrogated with his arms cross.

"you are literally the worst because you never pay attention, george. did you hear anything we said?" dream satirized.

"i'm trying to plan out tonight for angel," i gloated with my eyes still fixated on my device. i heard my phone reverberate as i read angel's message, she told me she was getting off of work at 6pm.

"we'll help you brainstorm date ideas then," dream snickered.

"yeah, for sure. what girl advice do you need from your awesome wingmen now?" sapnap quipped.

"well, she gets off at 6. i was planning on just surprising her at work and then asking if she wanted to go to dinner," i elaborated.

"that idea sucks," dream simply spat.

"literally, gogy. you're a boring boyfriend," sapnap scorned.

"what do you mean it's a bad idea?! what do you idiots have in mind?" i wailed as i cupped my face.

"hmm... what does she like? did she tell you what she likes to do?" dream questioned with his eyebrows raised.

"i mean, i know little things about her here and there. i don't know her any more than you guys do ever since our big call last night," i shrugged. planning things for a girl is complicated, especially if you just met the girl yesterday.

"coming from the biggest chad out on the market... i think you guys should go to the movies and makeout in the dark," sapnap advised with a smirk on his face.

"that's terrible. i'm not bringing her to the movies for a possible first date," i remarked as i rolled my eyes toward the texan.

"did you even tell her you liked her yet? or as a matter of fact, even tell her you wanted to make plans tonight?" dream asked.

"well... um, no and no," i stammered back. this was way harder than i thought.

"you're actually stupid, gogy," sapnap implored.

"i'll figure it out, i will. i have to go. i'm going to start planning," i proposed with a tone of defeat. i ended the video call with my friends and put my head down and rested on my desk, i had no idea what i was doing... but i only knew that i wanted to see angel again.

- angel's pov -

"alright, mr. villa. please keep this little guy on his antibiotics and i'll have dr. cotton write the prescription for his new ointment in a second, okay?" i stated with a warm smile behind my face mask.

i broke my focus from the clipboard resting in the crook of my arm to look at the elderly man in front of me. mr. villa was an elderly hispanic man that came in with a problem over his young puppy. as an owner of a baby dachshund, his small pet had a minor cut along the right side of his nose. i loved my job for moments like these; where i got to not only assess, but also pet all the animals that i got to treat. after giving instructions to the senior citizen, i went out of the examination room to meet dr. cotton.

once i saw hunter leaning up against the office counter writing something down, i approached him and bleated, "hey! do you mind writing up this prescription for dr. villa in room 4?"

"yeah, no problem. i'll get to it," he began before asking, "by the way... are you free tonight? i wanted to show you this cool burger joint i found nearby," hunter finished as he turned his body to face mine with his eyes meeting my own.

"oh? tonight? we just hung out yesterday though," i heckled while giggling.

"that's true. but the new restaurant really reminded me of you so-" hunter elaborated before i cut him off.

"i'm flattered, truly, from your offer. but tonight i think i'm going to just stay in with my roommate to catch up," i explained as i swiftly turned away from him before he could say anything; i walked away to assess the next patient.

i was taken aback from hunter's consistency and constant offers to chat outside of work for two days in a row. i didn't understand why hunter wanted to hang out again, until i remembered something from last night. "so you're telling me, you don't have one... but two boy toys?" kate's voice rang within my head. i shook off the thought that hunter was asking me to hang out because of any other reason besides friendship. he was my coworker, my boss even. i cannot imagine not only crossing inappropriate boundaries in my own workplace, but also break the invisible set boundaries i had with george.

- time skip -

it was finally the end of my second shift as a veterinary assistant. today was much more exhausting than yesterday anyway. since i did not have as much high emotions or as much excitement as my first day, i felt pretty burnt out pretty quickly after work. luckily, i was about to wrap up this draining day since i was walking through the petvet's white washed hallways into the employee's lounge. i was thrilled to just check out my time card and crash on the couch with kate. as i was walking up to the lounge's door frame, i saw monica there holding up a bouquet of red roses while looking around the room.

once monica made eye contact with me, i didn't hesitate to proclaim, "hey, monica! pretty flowers you got there!"

"i know right, they're beautiful. they're actually here for you," monica pointed out while holding out the roses in front of me,

"for me? thank you! uh-" i began. before i could even ask her about the special occasion needed for the pretty petals, she walked away into her office.

as i watched monica and her stout figure walk away, i looked back down at the beautiful bouquet of red roses. there were about a dozen of roses wrapped around a transparent sheet of cling wrap with a corresponding thin yellow string that wrapped along it the bottom half and formed a small bow. i began to walk into the lounge with a smile and my eyes still fixated on the flowers; i continued scanning them in admoration. i have never received a big romantic gesture of flowers before. therefore, as i gently began to place the bouquet into my assigned cubby in the lounge, a small white card fell out of the cling wrap. out of shock, i bent down to pick up the small white card that was bordered with a red outline and i read,

"special roses for a special girl. come outside soon. xx, cutie."

my heart began to beat out of my chest and the smile on my face grew larger. not only was i absolutely enamored by this huge gesture, but the note was even cuter. my mind began to race at the compliment the person left for me. "xx, cutie," i read. there was only one person i knew that had cutie as a corresponding nick name. as my heart continued racing and butterflies arose in my stomach, i was interrupted.

"wow, someone dropped off flowers for you?" i heard a deep voice boom.

i turned around to see hunter standing in the door way of the employee's lounge, he has his eyes fixated on me and his arms crossed.

"uh- yeah. i don't know who yet," i lied to him as i broke our eye contact. i don't know why i was being shy toward him, but the energy in the room wasn't necessarily on a positive note.

"oh, alright. i'll let you finish up clocking your time card and i'll escort you out, okay?" hunter informed.

i thought it was weird for him to offer such a thing, like walking up to my car when sunset hasn't even occurred. but before i could protest, he was already out of the room. so i checked out of my time card, grabbed my purse to sling over my shoulder, then cautiously grabbed my roses. i inhaled the floral scent of the flowers before striding out of the lounge with content.

i walked through the front room of the petvet to see hunter waiting for me at the doorway. he was slouching against the wall while staring at his phone near the front door. i let out a small sigh and began to walk toward him. once he looked up and saw me approaching him, he opened the door for me and i walked pass. before i could let out a small, "thank you" out of gratitude for hunter's kindness, i froze at the door frame.

in an instant, i stopped and stared at the individual in front of me across the parking lot. lo and behold, my eyes were locked on a pair a deep, brown pair of eyes that were accompanied by a navy blue face mask. my heart began to race as i recognized and saw george standing across the parking lot holding out a singular red rose between his fingers in front of him. as our eyes got lost in one anothers, he put up his right hand up to wave at me. as i rose my hand to wave back, i watched george take off his face mask with a huge grin on his face. after seeing his handsome face and warm smile once again, i did not hesitate to run up to him and embrace him.

- george's pov -

i saw angel wave frantically back at me as i took off my face mask to reveal that i was waiting for her. my eyes remained enamored by her as i watched her run up to me. next think i know, she presses her body against mine with her arms wrapped around my neck. as i slightly bent down to embrace her short figure, i instantaneously dragged my hands around her waist and held her tightly. i rested my face in the crook of her neck and inhaled with satisfaction from her touch. as i closed my eyes in absolute content from her gracious embrace, inhaled her vanilla scent. i began wishing that this moment would never come to a halt. then, i felt her heart beat aggressively pound against my own. with her face delved deep into my chest, against my fleece hoodie, i squeezed her even tighter. i didn't want to let go. as a matter of fact, i never wanted to let go.

next thing i knew, angel was unfortunately pulling away from our embrace, "cutie! i cannot believe you're here!" she marveled. i smiled after hearing the voice that i dearly missed, it made my heart beat even faster.

"i wanted to surprise you, love," i replied back with a smile never escaping my face.

she began to take off her face mask and she held out a bouquet of roses in front of me before yelping, "were these florals from you?"

"indeed they were," i gushed back.

i watched her face become flushed from blushing, she softly stammered, "t- thank you."

"of course. now those roses aren't the only surprise i have for you," i chimed as i held out one last rose to her.

she graciously picked up the singular rose from me. as she reached over to grab the flower, her finger tips brushed up against my hand. i began to feel the positive twists and turns in my stomach arising again, she always made me feel things. even something as small as her touch made me insane, always yearning for more.

"another rose? thank you, my georgie," she beamed while laying puppy dog eyes on me. she began to place the last rose into the bouquet she was holding, laying it upright against the other flowers.

"i have more surprises. so let me take you on a date to show you, my love." i elaborated after chuckling at her soft tone of voice.

she looked up to me once again with admoration, she cheered, "i'd love that!"

as i smiled down at her, another voice chimed into our conversation, "george!"

angel and i averted our attention to the foreign voice as we both laid our eyes on dr. cotton. "oh, hunter!" angel exclaimed.

"so this was the man that left you flowers, huh?" dr. cotton rattled as he put his hand out for me.

i shook his hand with a tight, strong grip, "yeah. i was, doc. i'm taking her on a date right now too, so if you'll excuse us," i rebuttled.

"oh... right now?" dr. cotton uttered. "so you didn't have plans with your roomie, missy. you turned me down because you wanted to go out with mr. davidson over here?"

i cringed at dr. cotton's name for her, missy? i then watched angel's eyes flick from the doctor's face to mine, "well, george came to surprise me. so we're going out..." she muttered.

"hmm... so let's rain check our burger date, yeah?" dr. cotton retaliated.

"hey..." i grumbled under my breath, turning my body toward his.

"george," angel began.

before i could say or threaten anything else, i felt a soft touch against my fleece hoodie once again. i glanced down to see that angel pressed her hand against my chest gently, refraining me from making any moves closer to dr. cotton. i was never the jealous or possessive type, but dr. cotton was just trying to irritate me. however, having her touch against me once again allowed me to ease my tension. with her hand still on me, i took a step back and wrapped my arm behind angel; resting my arm against her shoulders.

"hunter, i am absolutely flattered by your offer. but, i simply feel like hanging together outside of petvet would not only hurt our friendship, but also ruin our duties in the workplace. i hope you understand," angel emitted softly. if anyone heard her speak softly with sympathy, they'd easily listen to her - and that is exactly what dr. cotton did.

"alright, i understand," dr. cotton muttered under his breath, he looked up and down at me one last time before leaving us.

as he walked away, i turned toward the girl of my dreams and heard her giggle, "so where are we going, cutie?" she asked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 2.7K 18
⌗꩜ 🍄 NEIGHBOR ! ★・-★・-★・-★・-★ ╭ ≧▽≦when val meets her neighbor and doesn't know ♡꒦꒷ who he is at all. but they can see each other fr...
47.6K 1.2K 21
[Being Rewritten] "Nothing makes sense in this world. I respawn, no matter how many times I die. It's boring. Other than this boy. He's adorable, kin...
138K 5.4K 16
❝𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝗶 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗶𝗲𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝗺 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂,❞ ༄ . . ⇢ just when everything couldn't get any worse, a new pandemic de...
449K 10.9K 80
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐀 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐪𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰...