It Was A Gift! (Fred Weasley...

By AllyyyJ_24

You are a Hufflepuff, best friends with Oliver Wood and very protective of the people you care about. This pr... More

Bit of Background
A Shiner
Passing Notes
Your Oliver is Showing
The Beaters, The Keeper, and The Commentator
Shenanigans
Impulsive Has It's Advantages
Satisfying You All
whoops
Story's
Fred Weasley X Reader
Another story
Hey there

Boils and Questions

4.2K 107 70
By AllyyyJ_24

"I need you two to go help Professor Sprout with something in the greenhouses, run along." McGonagall says, waving us away.

"Have you missed me?" A now bruise-less Weasley questions me as we walk towards the greenhouses.

"No."

"Come on, can you stop being all upset with me?" He walks backwards with a pout. "Give me a chance."

I think about it, "we'll see."

Professor Sprout had us transplanting a bunch of Bubotuber plants for the fourth years. I dig a hole in the dirt in a pot using my hands, "you're a Hufflepuff, you like Herbology?" The redhead questions.

I roll my eyes, "just because I'm a Hufflepuff does not mean I like Herbology," I place one of the plants in the dirt, "but yes, I do happen to like Herbology."

"What else do you like?" I narrow my eyes at him.

"Why?"

"Because I'd like to know, beautiful."

My cheeks heat up, not use to being called stuff like that, "don't call me that." I mumble, grabbing another plant. "I like quidditch."

"I know that, everybody knows that. I hear, you're like the Oliver Wood of Hufflepuff." He smirks and I shake my head.

"I'm nowhere near as bad as he is." 

"So, what else do you like?" 

"I already told you."

"Tell me more."

I sigh, "after you."

He grins, "what do you want to know?" He begins, helping with the plants finally and I frown at his lack of gloves, but don't say anything.

I try and think of something, but I'm not even sure I want to know him at all. I dig one of the plants out and place it gingerly in its knew pot. "I don't know." I mumble, cheeks dusted red. 

He pauses and and his thoughts always seem to place that smirk on his face. "You already know I'm the handsomer twin-" I interrupt him, still trying to establish which twin he is.

"You're George." I say with less confidence than I wanted to have.

A mischievous look dances in his eyes, "I'm whatever twin you want me to be."

I frown, feeling embarrassment flood me, "so you're Frederick?" I grimace, I'm going to stop trusting Lee's descriptions.

He smirks, "I guess we will never know." And then his nose scrunches, "You called me Frederick."

I scowl, "I think I just might owl your mother." I would too, I already knew her because Oliver's friends with his brother Percy. We once had spotted them in Diagon Alley and I introduced myself, she is one of the sweetest and scariest women I've ever met. And she gives a damn good hug.

He tilts his head, "sorry beautiful, she can't tell us apart either." Suddenly, he winces in pain, some pus from the Bubotuber had slid across his hand.

"Are you serious?" I sigh and take his hand, using my cloak to wipe it off. His skin was irritated, thick yellow boils began sprouting up. I drag him over to a cabinet Professor Sprout has for this reason and look through it all. "She doesn't have any premade cure, you have to go to the hospital wing." 

"I want you to take care of it." He pouts, "can you make the potion?"

I sigh, I don't understand why it has to be me, I'm only a student. "Why can't you just go to the hospital wing? I have to finish doing this." I say, gesturing to the Bubotuber plants.

"If you do it, I can still help." 

I shake my head, "I know how bad those hurt, you are not helping me."

He rolls his eyes and drags a stool over to the Bubotubers and plops down on it, "fine, I will supervise." 

I grab some pain relieving salve and a wrap out of the cabinet and move to stand in front of him. I wipe the salve gently along the boils, "are you Frederick or George?" I ask voice soft and almost inaudible. I glance up, he's staring at me and I quickly look back at his hand, wrapping it. 

"I'm Fred." He surprisingly replies.

I look back up at him, holding eye-contact, "promise?"

"I swear on George." He says, completely serious. That make me believe him. I stay standing there, studying his face, "Y/N/N, I know I'm handsome, but it's impolite to stare." He grins and I study that too. 

"I need to be able to tell you two apart."

"And why is that? Don't want to sleep with the wrong twin?" Fred jokes and I punch him slightly in the shoulder, "I really don't need anymore of your gifts." I groan and move back to the Bubotubers. 

After finishing, I retrieve all the ingredients for the cure for boils, luckily all in the greenhouses. "I'll make this tonight and give it to you in the morning." 

"I don't know, I don't think I can sleep with all of this pain." He says, wincing. I know he's just trying to make it seem so unbearable that I have to help him now, but that's one of my weaknesses, I hate to see people in pain. Even when I'm the one that caused it.

"So where am I supposed to do it? It's almost curfew." That smirk is nerve-wracking.

We hide my house colors and face as he sneaks me into the Gryffindor common room and up the stairs into his dorm. "Wow, Freddie you work fast." I send a harsh glare at the other twin and laughing Lee.

"Careful what you say Georgie, she packs a wicked punch." Fred replies as I step in further.

I point at Lee, "I'll deal with you later." Referring to his purposely mixing up the twins. He grimaces.

"I'd rather you didn't, I remember what you did to Miles Bletchy." He sits back on his bed, behind him half naked famous people are pasted on the wall, making me roll my eyes.

All of their desks had bed pushed together into the middle of the room, candies and Zonkos pranks and the like piled on top. Gryffindor pride was everywhere,  posters of their favorite Quidditch teams and players pasted on the walls, and I walk over to the wall ahead of me. Pictures of them and their friends litter it, I even find a couple with me in them because of Oliver.

I turn away and see pasted on the wall that a bed is next to is the picture of Fred and his black eye. I gesture to it, "seriously?"

"It's very important to me." I roll my eyes and climb on to the bed, arranging the cauldron in front of me. "Hey, do you think I could look at that camera of yours?" I narrow my eyes at him.

"Don't break it."

Fred's POV

"Don't worry I won't, my dad taught us how to use them." Y/N sighs and pulls the camera out, handing it to me. She starts crushing something up and I take a picture.

"Why?"

"I think it will look great next to my picture." And I get on the bed and paste it next to the other, before sitting across from her. "What do you like to do in Hogsmeade?" She eyes me for a second, before finally replying.

"Go on walks."  Y/N's eyebrows are furrowed and her nose is all scrunched up, like she's thinking hard about something, "what do you like to do in Hogsmeade?" Y/N asks slowly, as though planning to take back the question. 

I smile, "go to Zonko's with George and Lee." She actually smiles at that and I love the thought of making her smile for some reason. 

"Of course."

I think of another question, before my eyes light up, "have you ever pulled a prank?"

Lee snorts from his bed where he and George were playing a game of exploding snap. "Has she ever."

I see a little bit of red shade her cheeks and a small smile appears on her face. "A few."

I grin, maybe I should just ask her to marry me now? "Like what?"

"Do you remember that time little Millicent Bulstrode had little tadpoles coming out of her hair for a week?" The witch murmurs, adding something to the cauldron. I do remember that, it was absolutely hilarious and people kept asking George and I if it was us. "She had used that hex that shaves off all your hair on Justin Finch-Fletchley."

"That's wicked." My smile wasn't going anywhere and she tried to hide hers as she worked. "It's really beautiful, you know."

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows, "What? The potion?"

"No, your smile." 

She narrows her eyes at me, "what are you playing at Weasley?"

"Nothing! I'm just telling the truth!" 

"He is, Y/N/N, he's got it bad for you." George laughs and I glare, but it has no real heat behind it. 

"You are all he ever talks about, babe." Lee reveals, with a smirk, "frankly, I'm a bit jealous you took such a liking to him, when there is such a more attractive option right here." Her cheeks were impossibly red and I couldn't be upset with the two because of how cute she looked. Maybe I did have a little thing for her.

"Yeah, me." George grins, winning a game of exploding snap. 

"Shut up," she mumbles, making me smile, "I don't like any of you." She sets the cauldron on the floor and uses her wand to heat it up. 

"That's a lie, darling." The girl glares at my cheeky grin. 

She gets up, "wait forty minutes and it should be ready." Y/N moves to leave, but I grab her hand.

"Stay until it's done, what if it doesn't work?"

She narrows her eyes at me, "It will, I'm in advanced potions."

I give her an appalled look, "why?" Greatly horrified at the thought of dealing with Snape in a higher level class. 

As if my words had gotten to her, the girl walks back over and checks the potion over, "I want to be a healer." She mumbles, as though embarrassed.

"Wicked." I actually get a smile in return and I can't get over the feeling it gives me, knowing I put it there. "Stay and play four games of Exploding snap?" 

"Two."

"Three."

The girl gives in and we join George and Lee on the latter's bed, "I swear I had a dream like this, but with two less people and we weren't playing cards." Lee winks at Y/N.

"Oh please," George starts and I continue for him.

"You know we were there." Lee shrugs in agreement, setting up the game.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.3K 1.1K 50
You're a Slytherin, but your two best friends are none other than Fred and George Weasley from Gryffindor. You've always liked Fred. What if he's alw...
99.6K 2.3K 36
Y/n Wood, sister of Oliver Wood, is a popular Gryffindor student with many friends at Hogwarts. Her life is going well as her bond with George Weasl...
319K 8.1K 23
completed | IT'S LOVE ❝ y/n, falling for me, are you? ❞ ❝ you wish. ❞ IN WHICH ; ever since you can remember, you'v...
21.4K 638 24
(Book Two of The Girl Who Series) Elise Reynolds: Witch, quidditch player (chaser), Ravenclaw, Muggleborn, and she has noticed a certain gryffindor k...