Dead By Daylight Silent Hill:...

By Wrixen

Cheryl Mason, who was previously known as Heather, attempted to rebuild her life after the tragic death of he... More

Important notes about the story
New enemies, new friends (Campfire)
Tragedy (Trail)

Save the Young Veteran of Terror

287 1 0
By Wrixen

Author's note: 

-Since this is the very first time for Cheryl Mason to encounter any of the things in the entity's worlds, some things won't be very accurate, like the names for example.

-This is a "Save the new survivor" part, which introduces a new survivor (and if there is a new killer it will introduce them too), so the places and some aspects are modified. This only applies to parts where a new survivor must be saved. The rest of the trails parts are almost exactly like the game.

I wanted to avoid confusion so I made this note, hope you enjoy reading the story as much as I enjoyed writing it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Cheryl Mason

Caring and impulsive, Cheryl Mason, previously known as Heather, attempted to rebuild her life after the tragic death of her adoptive father, Harry Mason.

While she had freed herself from the religious cult that pursued her since birth, she was shackled by the guilt of her father's death. A darkness punished her every night under the guise of abominable nightmares.

To ease her conscience, she volunteered at a crisis intervention centre for troubled youth. Three months later, she aced training and could answer the crisis line without supervision. Yet little could have prepared her for the first call. All she heard was static. The air thickened as black fumes rose from the ground and suddenly she heard the voice of a woman — someone she thought she'd never hear from again.

"Why do you cling to this corrupt world? You know that only God can save us."

It couldn't be her — Claudia was dead. Suddenly, the world spun and she dropped to her knees, nauseous. Hot bile travelled up her throat and she retched warm blood on the floor. Then the spinning stopped as swiftly as it began. Cheryl looked up and saw she was somewhere else. A cold, hopeless place.

Cheryl's vision was blurry, she couldn't tell where she is. All she knew was she got transported somewhere else. She muttered, "No, not this again. Claudia... THAT BITCH IS STILL ALIVE?" Cheryl felt nauseous again and vomit more blood. 

Then, after feeling a bit better, she raised her head again and it occurred to her, "But that means... I can kill Claudia this time!" Cheryl was so absorbed in her thoughts she didn't notice something was creeping up behind her, until it was too late. 

Feeling something might be behind, Cheryl turned to look behind her but she was quickly struck and lost conscious. 

An unspecific amount of time has passed. 

Cheryl slowly started to regain her conscious, she felt headache and weakened. When Cheryl tried to rub her head with her hand she felt her hands were unable to move, and instead heard the sound of chains. Startled, Cheryl said, "What...?" And looked up to see both of her hands were chained by two different shackles left and right. She tried to stand up but her legs were locked to the ground by two locks, each lock is on one of her legs, just behind her ankle, forcing Cheryl to be on her knees while her hands are shackled left and right above. Cheryl struggled with the shackles for a bit, before her headache worsen and she feels dizzy, "Ah, my head. Feels like someone hit me with a hammer or something!" Despite wanting to rub her head, she couldn't. Otherwise she would've noticed that hear head is bleeding. Instead she decided to look where she is.

The room seemed to be a large creepy empty altar room where Cheryl was shackled in the middle. Nothing of importance is around except for one door in front of her view.

Normal people would panic and get scared greatly, but Cheryl's traumatic experience during her clash with the cult has strengthen her. Still she was afraid since she's still a human in the end, but unlike normal people Cheryl calmed herself more easily and instead of panicking and aimless struggle with the shackles she tried to look for anything that might help her escape. She thought to herself, "Stay calm Cheryl. You survived silent hill, and this won't be any different. First I should look around for anything that might be helpful."

But before she could find anything, a sound of heavy metal object being dragged on the ground can be heard. Moving closer as it's getting louder. Cheryl thought to herself, "Something tells me I don't want to find out what's that noise." She shifted her focus to look around for anything helpful. 

Shortly, the door was slammed open and a monster with the shape of a man but with a pyramid-like object for a head entered. The metal sound was in fact the beast's oversized knife being dragged. 

Cheryl said with a shocked voice after seeing the creature, "You can't be serious. Another monster?!" She began to struggle with the chains, but her weakened state made it impossible to achieve anything with force.

The monster approaching Cheryl slowly while dragging his giant knife. She looked at him while struggling and said, "Get the hell away from me!" Cheryl lost all of her strength, struggling in vain. Her vision became very blurry, barely seeing, her headache worsen again, feeling dizzy and barely conscious. "Is this how I die? I don't want to die... Not before I kill Claudia, for dad... Dad..." Cheryl thought to herself, while the monster began rising his knife at her. Cheryl's eyes has begun to shed tears as she closed her eyes, her final thoughts were, "I'm sorry dad!" 

But the beast stopped before slicing Cheryl in half, because a small rock hit his back and distracted him. Cheryl slowly opened her eyes to see what's happening. When the pyramid head monster looked back he saw an old man with white hair and beard, wearing green outfit standing behind the opened door. Cheryl couldn't see clearly because of her blurry vision but she can see there's a man behind the door.

The old man started yelling, "Over here you ice cream cone head. You want a piece of me? Come and get me!" and gesturing to the creature. Cheryl whispered, "Dad...?" But the Pyramid head thing ignored the old man and focused again on Cheryl who gasped in horror. 

The crafty old man didn't give up and instead pulled out his flashlight and started turning it on and off, making clicking sound and flickering its light which caught the beast's attention again. The old man said with a sarcastic smile while still flickering his flashlight, "You like that? You like that, don't ya? No you don't. In fact, you HATE this move." The pyramid head monster appeared to be enraging by the flickering. 

The old man stopped flickering and said, "Time to run!" Before running away to the right. The enraged creature started running after the man with his giant knife to the right. 

Cheryl lowered her head, looking at the ground as she has little to no strength left, she was thinking to herself, "Was that... Dad...? It can't be... As much as I hope... But if Claudia is alive then maybe... Dad too..." She hoped from the bottom of her heart that her father, Harry Mason is somehow alive. 

Shortly, two men entered the room rushing toward Cheryl. They both had a key, One of the men was wearing glasses and darkish green shirt with a tie and dark blue pants, he seemed like a nervous guy.

The other man was wearing a cap, sunglasses, and regular looking outfit, he also had a small beard, he seemed like a lucky guy. 

The glasses man said while entering the room, "Hu-Hurry, before that thing returns." 

Each of them grabbed a shackle on Cheryl's hands and inserted their own key, trying to unlock it. The glasses guy said to her, "Don't worry miss, we'll get you out of here."

Cheryl looked at the glasses man and asked weakly, "Vinc... ent?" Before lowering her head again as she is very tired, barely conscious.

The lucky guy asked his friend while trading their keys to each other because they failed to open the shackles, "Vincent? Is that your childhood nickname or something?" The glasses guy replied while trying to use the other guy's key, "N-No, I don't know anyone named Vincent. Ma-Maybe she's mistaking me for someone else?" But unfortunately both failed to unlock the shackles. The lucky man looked at his key and said, "That's odd!" Then he noticed the locks on Cheryl's legs and said to his partner, "Try to open the lock on her legs with your key." 

Fortunately, the two locks on Cheryl's legs opened. But since she was too exhausted to stand up, she remained on the same position. The lucky guy said with a satisfied smile, "There we go. I told you I'm a lucky man!" 

The glasses guy nervously said to the lucky man, "But... But... You said the keys will unlock all of her shackles!"

The lucky man said while shrugging and giving a silly smile, "Hey, I'm a lucky guy, not a miracle maker." Before starting to lock picking the remaining shackles. The glasses man did the same.

After 20 seconds of lock picking the shackles the two men finally freed Cheryl, who was about to collapse to the ground but they caught her together, "Thank you..." Is what Cheryl barely said, causing the glasses guy to blush and the lucky man to smile happily.

Cheryl's left arm was support by the glasses man's shoulder, while her right arm was supported by the lucky guy's shoulder. The two men stood up, carrying her on their shoulders, and began heading to the door, which leads to a long corridor.

The lucky guy while moving looked at Cheryl and said, "You are such a natural beauty, lady. We just have to treat that wound and you'll be as beautiful as a diamond!" Cheryl was feeling very dizzy and didn't seem to react.

The glasses man looked both embarrassed and surprised at his friend's comment, he said to the lucky guy, "A-Ace...! This is not the time to flirt with women!" 

"Ace? This mans name is Ace?" Cheryl thought while being carried by the men who rescued her.

Ace said to the glasses man, "Easy now, we're almost at the exit gate where Steve should be waiting for us. And there's no sign of the killer yet." With a confident smile he added, "I told you bringing me along would bring good fortune to us."

The three of them got close to what seems like a gate at the end of the long corridor, at the gate there was a young man wearing a sailor outfit waiting besides the gate's switch, looking at the gate. 

The glasses man said, "Steve, please open the gate. We saved our new friend." 

"That's Steve?" Cheryl thought to herself, she seems to be trying to not lose her conscious by trying to memorize their names.

Steve looked behind him to see the group, and upon noticing Cheryl he looked surprised, "Whoa!" He exclaimed, and seemed to have froze in his place. 

Ace snapped his fingers twice and said to Steve, "Stay with us Steve. Daydream all you want once we're back at the campfire." 

Steve snapped out of it and said, "Right, opening the gate, saving the girl, returning to the campfire then getting to know each other, leave it to me." And turned around to flip the gate's switch to open it.

Cheryl, the glasses guy and Ace reached the gate then stopped, waiting for it to open. The glasses man asked Steve, "Have you seen Bill? He went to distract the killer and we haven't seen him since then." He seemed to be getting nervous.

Steve turned around and said with a confused expression, "I thought he was with you guys."

The sound of metal object being dragged can be heard and is increasingly getting louder. Everyone turned around to see the old man running toward them while being chased by the pyramid head. The old man started shouting, "OPEN THE GATE!" 

Everyone started to panic as the gate was slowly opening, Ace said while smiling nervously, "Steve, buddy, hurry with that gate before we all die!" 

The old man shouted again, "OPEN THE DAMN GATE!" As both he and the monster are approaching the gate.

Steve replied while keeping the gate's switch flipped to make it open, "I'm opening it as fast as I can!" 

The gate finally fully opened, Ace and the glasses guy carried Cheryl and escaped through the exit gate, Steve followed almost immediately. The old man ran with extra speed and escaped through the exit gate at last. The monster stopped following them as all five of them escaped through the gate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 522 15
After being let go from her job as a doctor due to money issues, Y/n decides to celebrate with friends. After a long night of having fun, Y/n drives...
26.9K 366 19
what happens when all of a sudden, you receive visions of a haunted town? what happens when these visions comes to life? Will you be able to keep you...
45.1K 1.8K 33
🥉🥉Third Place in 'New Adult' Platinum Award 2020🥉🥉 Book 1 in The Gangleader's Obsession duology. Blurb: Shania Jakes has been through a life of...
252K 8.6K 42
{COMPLETED} This Reader is basically the same as the first book (Darkiplier x Reader) I wrote. Same general world, but the story itself will be orig...