Cant I Just Be A Background C...

By bubblecakespattykiss

All Suna Katsumi ever wanted to be was a background character. But fate has other things in stored for him... More

000; prologue
001; crisis indeed
002; the butler
003; The Past Of Collins Wright
004; a day with dad
005; brothers conflict
007; crown prince
008; this is not home
009; pretty little thing
010; vanilla
011; history with some salt on top
012; disgusted
013; just an average day
014; a new beginning
015; sudden confession
016; Arumnia
017; forest

006; grounded

26.8K 1.2K 1.2K
By bubblecakespattykiss

Of course, because Sumi is basically a genius at doing anything, he had no trouble making friends at his school. Apparently, Louis used to have some shitty friends, who only used him for their own pleasures, so Sumi immediately cut them off and made some new ones. It wasn't easy though.. because one of them made a commotion and Sumi only had 16 routes to end the commotion, most of them being bad and evil.

But at the end of the day, he managed to find 2 average friends, exactly like the ones in his old world. Friends are essential to be average, you don't wanna be called a loner if you don't have friends. But Sumi is not that close to them yet, and he doesn't plan to be that close. Just them accompanying Sumi around the school to make him seem like he has friends is enough.

So immediately after school, Collins presented him with one of his favorite desserts which got him excited. He said that its Sumi's hard work, for attending class that day, which made Sumi ponder.

Anyways, since George was in the same school as him, he took so many different measures to avoid him, and thankfully, unlike his failed attempts, he actually managed to avoid him.

George literally went to Sumi's class to invite him for lunch with the prince, which is a big NO-NO. Anyways, the first day of school for Sumi was a big success. He knows nothing of Louis' personality, so thank god no one questioned anything about it, they accepted the change.

Anyways, Sumi still remembered the topic that was discussed today. How factions are divided, politics and the awareness that's currently happening in the city right now. Though, it was not something you should discuss to kids, Sumi is practically a teenager.

It also made him a little bit curious, because all the towns or markets he'd been to was basically for people who had money. So to know this world better, he wanted to make a trip and become a commoner for a few hours. What food do they buy? Are their desserts as good quality over the nobles? Is it quality over quantity for them? Or the opposites?

Yes, Sumi was only curious to know about the desserts.

But of course, while learning about desserts, he'll also take a look around and see how is the living conditions there for the lower-class people. Because why not? He's not doing anything anyways.

He completely forgot about the phrase called, 'curiosity killed the cat'.

He still remembered when he confronted his personal butler and asked the male if he could go to the commoners district, but Collins replied with a handsome smile and literally said no.

"Collins, can I go to the commoners market for business purposes?"

"Young Master, I'm sorry, but I cannot allow you to do that." After that, Sumi literally gave up and decided to go on his own.

Wearing a cloak to hide his fancy dressing underneath, he looked in the mirror to see if he's okay to go out. Sumi is not dumb (-_-), he knows the dangers that comes with being a child. He has white hair for gods sake! To the people in this world, whit hair is basically called a 'gods' hair. But thanks to magic, he's able to turn his hair a little bit gray. Its not the best, granted, but it should be able to keep him for being seen as prestigious.

As for the servants, he told Collins that he will be taking a 3 hour nap to re-energize himself (which took a lot of convincing to make Collins leave him), so he told Collins to not let anyone disturb him. 3 hours should be enough.

30 minutes to go to town, 1 hour for exploring, 30 minutes to go back, and the rest is just normal free time.

Sumi made lots of calculations for this trip. Its basically a 90% guarantee that he's not going to get caught. He knows that his dad wont allow him to go to the commoners side of town, so he has to do it by himself. Good grief, its so hard being Sumi.

Anyways, if he does end up being caught, he's sure that the punishment wont be that bad considering he's Byton's favorite child. But he wont ever get caught so he's not gonna think of the punishment any further.

Little does Sumi know, going out alone would make his dad go seriously insane.

Looking around the markets, he spot many people buying fruits and vegetables from different sellers. It honestly interested Sumi that this was basically similar to the scenes in the lots of animes that he has watched.

Everyone seems so.. happy.

Something that Sumi has never experienced in both his new and old lives. He couldn't help but feel jealous. So they have enough to have a happy life? No scheming, arguments on who's richer, jealousy?

Sumi had just seen another side that the story had never shown before and it was absolutely peaceful. The kids were holding hands with their parents, there were many couples, and even just a group of people hanging out. Observing everyone passing by, Sumi unconsciously let out a small smile.

This place isn't that bad. Sure this place has lots of kidnapping, torture, and illegal slavery taking place, but it also does have some kind of good side. Maybe.

Other than that, the desserts was definitely a ten. Thank god, Sumi bought some money with him. The food here even managed to make Sumi drool.

It wasn't until Sumi took a left turn, suddenly the whole street was filled with people selling sweets. Ah, this is heaven. Looks like he'll be here for a long time..

Walking to some random shop, he accidently fell, scraping his knee. He hissed in pain. It didn't hurt that much, but it still stings. But to him, it doesn't matter as its just a small scratch. It wasn't long until he got up and focused on the sweets in front of him.

The now gray-haired small boy has completely loss track of time and forgot that he was a noble, with an overprotective parent and a strict butler. If he knows what's happening at home, he'll be scared out of his wits.

"The Young Master is missing!"

"What?!"

"The duke has started throwing things around, calling all his loyal knights to search for his beloved!"

"Seriously? All 15.000 of them?!"

A breaking glass sound was heard, followed by some yelling as Collins tried to calm The Lord of Cliffard down. Byton's eyes were dark, his teeth was gritted and he clenched his arms while looking outside of the window irrationally.

After Collins had explained that the youngest wanted to go to the commoners district, Byton could practically feel something snapping in his mind. The veins on his forehead and arms were visible for everyone to see, showing how distressed he was.

Louis is in big trouble.

How dare his son tried to leave him. Is his love not enough? Now that he really thinks about it, his youngest as been acting really strange.. Always looking at him with those bored eyes.. His youngest has never yelled at him anymore.

He should've taken that into account.

Now his son is missing in this huge country, and.. hanging out with commoners? That's unacceptable. Byton has been to lenient with his youngest giving him leeway to basically do anything he wants. Its time to be more strict with his youngest.

Byton could forgive many things his youngest had done. But going out alone without any means of protection and danger is one thing Byton couldn't forgive.

Meanwhile, back in the market, Sumi has no idea what's happening back home. He was happily tasting the ice-cream he had just recently bought with his pocket money.

Suddenly, the place was swarmed with knights on horses, looking for a certain someone. Sumi was still unaware of everything. He was still busy licking the ice cream off the cone.

"Ahhh! Is that the captain of the royal knights? What is he doing in this place?!"

Sumi looked at the said man, curious. He didn't think much of it as he thought that the man was on some kind of mission or something. If Sumi remembers correctly, the man should be called Oliver West. The strongest man in Arumnia.

His black abyss eyes, and brunnete hair may look ordinary, but he's considered as one of the most handsome man in Arumnia. He's good friends with Sumi's father, and Oliver is basically like an uncle to Louis (though Sumi doesn't know that).

Oliver adores Louis to the bones. That is one of the reasons why he volunteered to search for the youngest. From the moment Oliver stepped his eyes on the youngest, Louis was already his baby.

So when Oliver heard the news that his Louis was missing, he immediately took his horse and helped search for Louis.

His black hues looked around the place until he made eye contact with a gray haired boy. Sumi paled, having a bad feeling about the eye contact. Then before Sumi could even blink, he was picked up by the armpits and sat on the horse that Oliver was riding.

Oliver didn't say anything, he immediately talked to another knight and rushed off to somewhere Sumi doesn't know. Sumi stayed silent, eating his ice cream. The first thought he had was that he got kidnapped.

But suddenly the man opened his mouth to say something.

"You've been a naughty boy. I'm sure your father is be outraged. If it were me, i would've already tied you to bed and never let you leave my house. Byton is too lenient on you. He should've restricted your freedom the moment you got interested in the outside world."

Well thank god he's not born as Oliver's son.

Sumi stayed silent, but inside, he was the one outraged. Not only he had to deal with his father again, he's also getting a pep-talk from this man he just met? If it was his old body, the man would've been on the floor begging for forgiveness. Ah, curse this stupid body.

Unfortunately, that was not all he had to say.

"You deserve to stay inside the wall, where everything is safe. Why did you suddenly went out and left the estate?"

Ah.. he asked a question now.. there's no way that Sumi could just stay silent.

"I was bored at home, and I was curious to see how people under us live." Sumi gave the truth, as he has no experience in lying. Oliver scoffed at the reason and glared at the white-haired boy. If Byton were to lose his son, all hell would break lose, and even the king wont be able to stop him.

Sumi had no idea.

The horse stopped abruptly and Sumi was once again picked up and carried. "Silly boy.. now i have nothing but pity for you. Byton doesn't forgive people easily, but hopefully he'll be lenient on you."

His black eyes travelled to the boy's body in his arms until his eyes caught on blood coming out from the boy's knee. His grip on the youngest tensed as he sighed in anger. Oliver knew that Louis is not ready enough to go out. The small boy now got injured because he went outside.

"On second thought, I take everything back. I hope that Byton locks you up and punishes you severely. Face your punishment properly, Louis."

Sumi stayed silent. Seriously what's with the sudden switch? And Byton would never get angry at Louis.. Still, its such a suprise that he actually got caught. Must've lost track of time.

Byton is too soft on his child. Too soft that it even makes Sumi pity him. Byton could never actually get angry at Louis-

Steel eyes pricked Sumi's whole body as Sumi just stood in his fathers messy office. The study is a mess, there's was glass and papers everywhere and there's suddenly a dark aura emitting out of his fathers body.

"Louis. Come here."

Even Sumi himself paled at his father's cold tone. He slowly came beside his father. He's no longer infront but now beside him. His father inspected his body and looked at his knee.

Ah.. Byton is suprisingly calm. But inside, there were volcanoes erupting.

The veins were still visible as Sumi gulped down his saliva. Suddenly, his forehead was flicked. His first instinct was to cover his forehead as he glared at his father with cold eyes.

Byton's eyebrows raised as he glared back at his son, as if challenging him to continue his glare. What's with this pressure? Sumi looked down, his forehead started sweating. So this is his father's true form, huh? Scary.

It was as if a tiger is looking at a mouse with scary eyes.

"What were you thinking?" Silence..

"Why did you go out?" Sumi still didn't say anything.

"I see.. so I've been to lenient, huh." His tone suddenly came out dark. Sumi has the sudden urge to see what expression his father is making but still kept his head down.

"I've given you too much leeway, its time for me to take that away. Louis, you got hurt, all because you didn't listen to me." Then again, its just a minor injury. His father is exaggerating.

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry wont cut anything. From now on, unless your going to school, you are to stay inside. No more going out. Louis, if you disobey me or yell at me one more time, I'll sew your mouth and cripple you."

Fuck.. that's bad, right?

Tears started falling out because of fear. Hoping to gain some sympathy, he forced more tears out. This is really bad. So no more sweets from outside? Impossible.

"That is not gonna work this time. Get out of my sight, your dismissed. Tell your butler to treat your wounds. I'll come to you personally tomorrow to discuss more of your punishment." Byton blushed. Imagine how many things he could take advantage of with this punishment.

Even Byton couldn't stay mad at his son for long. Don't get him wrong though, he's still angry.

Shit. Fucking hell.

Walking out of the luxurious study, he's immediately faced with a frowning butler. Collins looked at Sumi with disappointed eyes, but Sumi didn't seem to catch it.

"Collins, prepare me some sweets-"

"No."

What?

"You'll be on a sugar diet until i personally see you fit to eat sweets again."

Wanting to protest, Sumi looked at his butler's eyes which was a mistake, as he caught the man literally glaring down at him as if trying to challenge him to oppose. In the end, Collins won.

Collins left to go get some band-aid as Sumi is walking to his room. He let out a sigh as he frowned. This day could not get any worse..

"Louis."

Oh, fuck.

Sumi turned around only to be met by his brother's cold gaze. Seriously what's wrong with everyone? It's not a big deal!

"After I banned you from entering the kitchen, you rebelled and went outside alone?!" George was practically yelling. Thank god there was no one here to see him yelling.

He avoided eye contact with his brother and looked down.

"And you also got hurt?! I told you to be careful! Oh my god.. You deserved it. You deserve the punishment dad gave you, and I hope you learn."

What the fuck. What kind of brother is he?

Sumi didn't have the balls to say anything as he kept on avoiding eye contact to avoid more trouble. But to George, it looks like Sumi is scared. Suddenly, a sense of superiority entered George's body as he blushed excitedly.

He decided to leave his brother alone but not with a dramatic, "Hmph!". Sumi sweatdropped and rolled his eyes. Obviously today his plan has failed and now he's prohibited to go outside. Not only that, but he's also apparently on a sugar diet and he also had a fight with his brother.

This day couldn't get any worse.

Monday is the worst and Sumi just experienced the wrath of monday today.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 9.2K 29
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ้ฟๅ… ( yandere!crown prince x male!reader ) หš เผ˜โ™ก ยทหš โ‚Šหšห‘เผ„ุ˜ ใ€Œ A coma sends Y/n to another world; and to his terror, it's none other than an otome...
263K 10.5K 30
Kai was inexplicably reborn as a cannon fodder in a game from his previous life. The same appearance but world's script seemed to have given him too...
42.7K 2.5K 15
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ่งฃๅ†ณ ( yandere!duke x male!reader ) หš เผ˜โ™ก ยทหš โ‚Šหšห‘เผ„ุ˜ ใ€Œ You wake up one day only to find that your childhood best friend, the heir to the Dukedom, ha...
49.7K 2.1K 21
It's a typically cliche stories but it's okay because I GOT REINCARNATED IN A BL NOVEL!! yes, you heard it right?! as a fan im looking forward to thi...