I love you, I hate you (Re-wr...

By Dreamerxxx18

Finding your soulmate in a werewolf community is the greatest thing that could happen to you. But not to Chas... More

Notice Before You Read
Cast
Synopsis *Edited*
Chapter One *Edited*
Chapter Two *Edited*
Chapter Three *Edited*
Chapter Four *Edited*
Chapter Six *Edited*
Chapter Seven *Edited*
Chapter Eight *Edited*
Chapter Nine *Edited*
Chapter Ten *Edited*
Chapter Eleven *Edited*
Chapter Twelve *Edited*
Chapter Thirteen *Edited*
Chapter Fourteen *Edited*
Chapter Fifteen *Edited*
Chapter Sixteen *Edited*
Chapter Seventeen *Edited*
Chapter Eighteen *Edited*
Chapter Nineteen *Edited*
Chapter Twenty *Edited*
Chapter Twenty-One *Edited*
Chapter Twenty-Two *Edited*
Chapter Twenty-Three *Edited*
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Twisted Fates| New Story Preview
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1|Wedding

Chapter Five *Edited*

5.9K 79 7
By Dreamerxxx18

Sometimes you meet a person and you

just click- you're comfortable with them,

like you've known them your whole life,

and you don't have to pretend to be

anyone or anything

~Unknown

Chapter 5.

There's a comforting silence as Zoey escorts me to what will soon be my room. She has let go of my hand and walks like a woman on a mission. She occasionally glances back to make sure I'm following her, and thank God for that because I almost got lost numerous times. You can't blame me, though. This house is so big, it's like a labyrinth. I would like to see how I'll be able to live here without losing direction of everything. If someone could hear me, they would think I'm overreacting, but unless you see this packhouse, you won't understand my point of view.

"We're here," Zoey exclaims, unlocking the modern white door.

The room's color scheme is a stunning combination of white and gold. The bed is a luxurious golden hue, adorned with soft and comfortable white and gold bedding that complements the room's aesthetic. The walls are pristine white, with a subtle white-gold wallpaper that adds depth and character to the space. The furniture, all in white, provides a clean and modern look to the room, while the gold decorations add a touch of elegance and sophistication. All in all, this room is a perfect blend of class and comfort.

"Do you like it?" she questions, with an excited glint in her eyes.

I nod vigorously. "I love it! It is the best room I've ever had. Thank you for everything. Words can't express my gratefulness to you and your pack for taking me in."

Zoey comes towards me and places her hands gently on my shoulders. With a warm and comforting smile, she gazes into my eyes and says, "I can sense that you've been through a lot. I'm sorry that you had to go through all that pain. You are a kind-hearted and generous person, and you didn't deserve any of it. But please know that you're not alone anymore. I'm here for you, and I'll support you through thick and thin. You're worthy of love, respect, and happiness, and I'll help you realize your true value. Together, we'll overcome all the obstacles that come our way."

I'm feeling a surge of emotions right now. While I'm touched and happy that Zoey, who I assume is a stranger, wants to stand by me as a supporter and friend, I'm in awe of how sometimes people who don't have any obligation to you can be more supportive and understanding than those who are supposed to be there for you. This experience proves there are good people, even though I was never around one.

Because there are no words to express my feelings, I pull her into a hug, which lasts a couple of seconds. We pull away and smile at each other like best friends do.

"Do you want to bond over food and clothes?"

"I'm afraid I can't," I answer.

I would love to, but the money I have on me is enough to last me a few weeks with only buying essentials. I now have a roof over my head and food on the table, but I will feel like a burden if I don't contribute. Firstly, I'll find a job and then splurge on new clothes. The clothes I have will do for now. I spent years with this amount of clothes. I can last a few more months.

"Come on. We will have fun! The mall has the cutest clothes at an affordable price, and the food is to die for. It'll be my treat. You can consider it as a welcoming gift." Zoey pleads, but her pleas do nothing to change my mind.

"As much as I appreciate the gesture, Zoey, I can't accept it. I've done nothing to deserve such a gift. It's a moral to earn whatever I receive, and I can't say the same about the kindness you're showing me. The last thing I want is for people to run their mouths and say I'm taking advantage of you."

"I don't care a bit. I haven't cared in a while. If people want to talk, they'll talk. I know how to put everyone in their place. Don't worry about it and do me this favor. I've been wanting to shop and share food with a friend my whole life but I had no one by my side to do that." She protests.

"The answer remains the same. I'll take up a new job and earn money. Then, we can do whatever you want."

"What about this? We go to get some fresh air and get to know each other. If you find stuff you like, you'll buy them. I'll lend you the money and you can repay me when you can." Zoey proposes, giving me puppy eyes.

I can't stand it when people give me puppy eyes. I always fall for it. "Fine, but only for a little while."

"Yes! Thank you! Thank you!" She cries, hugging me. "I'll go inform Xavier while you get yourself ready. We'll meet in the hall."

She disappears before I can ask her where the hall is. I guess I'll have to search for it and ask for help if I can't find it.

~~

"There you are! I was afraid you got lost." Zoey exclaims at the sight of me.

I made circles for five minutes and went to the other side of the house until I eventually stumbled upon it. But I can't say that, can I? It'll make her feel guilty. "No! It took me a while to get ready! Otherwise, I would be here earlier. It was that easy to find it!"

She nods, contented I had no issues. I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Who are they?" I ask discreetly, staring at the four males standing a few meters away.

"Who? Oh them?" She points to the men, but they stand still, not paying attention to us. "Xavier sent them. It's his requirement if we want to go out. They're by my side every time I go out. You get used to them after a while. Shall we go?"

I nod.

Two of the four men walk out while the remaining two motion for us to walk past them. All of us gather in front of a van that we pile into.

Surprisingly, the ride to the mall was longer than I anticipated. I didn't comment or ask about it. I didn't want to come off as a brat. We have arrived, and I can't wait to stretch my legs.

"Where to first?" Zoey questions, straightening her outfit.

"I'm not particularly hungry now. Should we hit the shops and go to the food court when we are hungry?"

"Sure." Zoey locks arms with me, skipping away. She wasn't joking when she said she didn't pay the men attention.

~

We arrived at the mall three hours ago and have visited more than ten shops.

Zoey is remarkable. That girl can shop! She's holding three bags in each arm along with the men. What I noticed, though, was that she paid with her money. I know that because one of the men kept giving her a card that the Alpha gave him to use for her purchases, but she refused every time. I respect her tremendously for that because I've seen how some women exploit their mates' money.

I only have two bags. I wasn't going to buy anything, but I found clothes I liked at a reasonable price. I figured I could splurge a little now and tighten the leash later. It's the first time I've done this in years. I can relax now and worry about it in the future.

"Let's go to the food court. I'm hungry."

Zoey leads me to a familiar food court in the mall, where we both order and sit down to eat. As we're eating, we both get a strange feeling that someone is watching us. We glance around and make eye contact, only to see a group of men in their early twenties staring at us with smirks on their faces. They get up and begin to make their way towards our table.

As we sit in the corner of the coffee shop, three men approach us. They are all tall, well-built, and have the same hairstyle and outfit. The only differences between them are their eye and hair color. Although they are all attractive, they don't catch my attention. After everything I've been through, I've decided to prioritize my career over romantic relationships.

"Hello, ladies! May we sit?" One of them asks, but it's more of a statement. Before any of us can answer, they have already sat. The four men guarding growl, but Zoey hushes them and motions for them to stay back.

"To what do we own this pleasure?" Sarcasm is dripping from Zoey's mouth.

"We saw two gorgeous ladies by themselves and we were wondering how come the two of you are alone," one of them says with a smirk.

"Who says we're alone? Just because you don't see anyone with us, that doesn't mean there isn't someone," Zoey responds with a hint of annoyance.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" the shorter one asks.

"I do, and he's here. If he finds you around us, you'll wish you had never been born," Zoey warns with a menacing look.

It doesn't scare them. They turn their attention to me. "What about you?"

"I do," I lie.

Had I said otherwise, there would be no chance of them leaving.

"Fine. It's not like you're worth anything. You're only good to pass the time," one of them retorts.

Astra growls in response to the disrespect, but I suppress her.

"Now I understand why you're unwilling to date anyone. I'm with you," Zoey says with a laugh.

I can't help but chuckle. Zoey always knows how to lighten the mood.

"We should go before they decide to be smart and a fight ensues," Zoey suggests.

I agree, and we gather our things. On the way out, we pass by their table. They start throwing insults at us, but the four men guarding growl. They immediately stop and look away.

"There is one more stop on today's schedule, but it'll happen after we have returned," Zoey whispers.

"What is it?"

"We're going to a club!" Silently, Zoey announces.

"Are you crazy? If they catch us, we'll be in a big pickle!"

"That's why we must not let them find out."

"I don't think it's a good idea," I insist.

"I say we go. Then we can make a bet. Whoever loses has to fulfill the other's wish."

"Can I get out of it?"

"Nope!" She shakes her head, grinning mischievously.

This is bound to get interesting.

Edited: 25/12/2023

Word Count: 1800

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

870K 32.5K 35
[COMPLETED] After Red found her mate, she was ecstatic, finally she gets to feel that love told only in stories, however everything quickly goes down...
599K 15.2K 22
Werewolf / Romance / Thriller This story is not the typical reject story where the girl get rejected by her alpha mate, and she run away and get back...
40.8K 1.1K 51
"I, Caden Knight, Alpha of the Mystic Falls Pack, reject you Lily Rose of Silver Moon Pack! From this day forth I release you from our mate bond". L...
469K 9.6K 36
Eclipse is the omega of the star pack. Her pack treats her like a maid. When Eclipse was younger she always wanted the fairytale ending, but as she g...