Let Me Hear (Let Me Series)

By Imcrazyyouknow

Kai's life was close to perfection but due to his inability to hear, the loss of communication became a hindr... More

Copyright
Let Me Series Trailer
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Let Me Series Q & A 1
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Let Me Series Q & A 2
Thank You + Announcement
Special Chapter 1
Special Chapter 2
Special Chapter 3
Special Chapter 4

Epilogue

632 54 4
By Imcrazyyouknow

We're at the end of Let Me Hear! Thank you so much for supporting our series and collaboration! Please if you have some time, leave some feedback and I'll appreciate it so much! Thank you!!!

***

Epilogue

"Are you ready?" Mackenzie asked. I took a deep breath then nodded. Inabot naman niya ang kamay ko at pinadudulas niya ang daliri niya sa palad ko. It's some kind of soothing gesture to make me feel calm. She always does that. Nakakagaan nga ng pakiramdam. "You'll be fine. Everything will work out perfectly. We worked so hard for it. There's no time backing it out."

"I know. I'm just having chills."

She laughed. "That's normal. And we know that this is a risk but we're brave to take it, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah. It will only take a pound of courage to make it happen. And we're drinking tons of it."

"I agree. We could get drunk all night but this is a celebration. We could have fun at the end of the day."

"I don't think you need to be drunk," I said.

"Sure, but the pregnancy test turns out negative so maybe I could spare this one night to get a drink?"

"Just for this night, okay?"

She giddily nodded. "Of course, hubby."

I scrunch my face. "That still sounds new to me."

"Oh, you'll get used to it. And more likely kapag nagtagal, someone will call you daddy. Not daddy—daddy—okay? You know what I mean."

I smiled. A glimpse of what my future life could be like flashes before my eyes. "Yeah, I know... it'd be wonderful."

It didn't take too long when we finally reached the store location. After six months, we're finally opening our first store. We called MaMa FroYo—we thought of it and used our first names and resembled it with a mother's love. Malachi and Mackenzie then Frozen Yogurt and combined it all. I came up with the idea that the first time it was introduced to me by Zie is that she cared for my health. On the other hand, a mother wouldn't miss a chance of taking care of her children. She would do everything and anything for them and that's how we came up assembling our names to a whole new meaning.

Pinakalma ko muna ang sarili ko bago ako tuluyang bumaba ng sasakyan. Zie knew how nervous I was about this. We put too much attention and hardwork on it kaya kinakabahan kami sa magiging outcome nito. But I'm believing that whatever might happen today, we both know we did something great.

There were already a few people waiting for us at the location. May ilang TV journalists pang pumunta para masaksihan ang first ever opening ng MaMa FroYo. The others are already there at kami na lang din pala ang hinihintay for the ceremony to start. It'll be a cutting of ribbon ceremony then of course, the first time they are going to taste the local FroYo.

"This is it, Kai," Zie said. Mas humigpit naman ang pagkakahawak ko sa kamay niya. "Don't be nervous, okay? Kaya natin 'tong dalawa."

I nodded so determined na ang itinatak ko sa isipan ko ay magiging successful ito.

When the host of the opening event started the program, she wanted me to say a few words before we proceed for the ribbon cutting.

I stood in front of the strawberry built store for our business. Si Mackenzie ang nagbigay sa akin ng idea na itayo ang unang store namin built on a strawberry-like shape but what's inside the store has more space and it'll go way up to the second floor which has an open view.

"Good morning, everyone." I started to look at everyone. So this is how it feels to get attention from something na hindi dahil sa disabilidad ko. They are looking forward to something great, not waiting to see me fail. "First of all, I would like to thank everyone who chose to join us today at the opening of MaMa FroYo. To my Family over there, my friends, people in the media, and the public, thank you all. I'm sure every one of us is excited to finally experience the local FroYo here in the Philippines but I would just like to share a story—just a short one so I won't keep anyone's time."

Bago ako magsimula ay tiningnan ko una ang bawat isa. They were all smiling and the hopes in their faces showed excitement. For the past years, just this year, everything fell into place.

"The idea of starting this business is because of my one true love, Mackenzie Foyer," I said. Pinalapit ko naman siya sa akin at hinawakan ang kamay. I let her stand beside me. "She came once into my room bringing a tub of yogurt. That time, I just knew her as my private tutor's daughter and also that day my cravings for strawberry yogurt started. The store obviously says it all. Though I didn't know where to buy the yogurt, I missed how it tasted a year ago. I tasted it once again at a local club, then a few weeks later, I met Mackenzie and since then, she reminded me of that fruity, creamy yogurt. When we got engaged and eventually got married, Mackenzie planned to build this business and to start our future together. My cravings for yogurt lead to something great as well, and look where we are all standing now. And oh, before I end it, I would just like to commend the people who will work at the store with us. They are all PWD and I do believe that the stigma of degrading people because of their ability ends here. I hired people from the L.M. Foundation who wanted to help the community as well. I don't wanna keep everyone around any longer so I'll end it here."

Nilingon ko naman si Mackenzie at ibinulong ko sa kanya kung gusto niya magsalita. Tumango naman siya at saka ko binigay sa kanya ang mic. Umusod ako ng kaunti para ibigay kay Zie ang pwesto.

"This is just a short speech so just like what Kai said, we won't keep you waiting. I would just like to thank everyone who joined us today. We appreciate it at the bottom of our hearts. Since Kai and I married six months ago, we also would like to share this accomplishment to everyone so we hope we will all get your support until the very end. Let's enjoy the day and taste the love in our FroYo."

They shared a round of applause to us at sa tingin naming dalawa ni Mackenzie ay magiging successful ang unang store namin.

Hindi na rin naman nagpaligoy-ligoy ang program kaya dali-dali ring dinala na sa ribbong cutting. Pumuwesto naman kaming dalawa ni Mackenzie sa harapan ng store habang ang mga tao at media ay nakatutok sa amin. When they gave us the signal to cut the ribbon, may confetti pang nagpaulan sa paligid kaya napalibutan kami ng mga maliliit at makukulay na confetti.

Zie and I pushed the door inside and let the people walk in to experience the fresh and newly opened store.

There are a few perks of attending the opening. May ilang limited swags for people who will buy the yogurt. May free taste rin naman so people could know what they would like to get. Hindi naman ako nagkamali at naging mabili agad ang strawberry flavour. Some who even shared their experiences that they buy FroYo and that this is the best one they ever have. Nakatataba naman ng puso ang mga sinasabi nila sa amin. Zie and I hope na hindi lang sa umpisa tatangkilin ang product namin.

Maybe after a few months when we see how the business runs, magtatayo na rin kami ng ilang branches all over the country and if that happens successfully, we will venture abroad as well. Nakipagpartnership din ang business namin sa five star restaurant ng The Foyers. Because the last time we were in Balesin Island, iyon talaga ang hinanap ko and if we'll be staying in one of the Foyers buildings, my cravings will always be satisfied.

Nilapitan at tinanong din namin ang ilang mga customer at super satisfied naman sila sa binibili nila at tiyak na babalik-balik sila.

All throughout the day, hindi rin kami umalis ni Zie sa store at kami pa mismo ang nag-serve sa ibang customers namin. There are also a lot of good feedbacks na PWD ang employees ng aming business. It was shared all over every social media and they are saying a lot of good things about MaMa FroYo. They are also excited to have a branch near their places but they possibly try this one out kahit malayo pa sila.

My father pulled me away from the crowd and we stood into the corner and watched everyone lined up to the counter and wait for their turn.

He patted on my shoulder and a smirk was plastered on his face.

"So you did this son, huh?"

I cackled. "Yes, dad. And I thought I could never."

"And shame on me for not believing you could do this on your own," he said. "I must say, I'm proud that you made this all happen. You're such a wonderful young man. I know you can do great things on your own. I know you will strive for more and for the better. I just wished we could go back in time and mend all the things that happened... but yeah, I couldn't be more proud to you and to your wife."

"Thank you, dad. And there's no need to go back, we can always forgive and forget. What the future holds is a mystery but we'll always have something we really wanted after a long time. I must also admit, you obviously know my childhood isn't that great but it made me this person—a better person and I'm not gonna change it. It's the experience and the lesson that matters, right?"

"I believe so, yes," he said. "Oh, here comes your wife."

Napatingin naman ako sa direksyon kung saan papalapit sa amin si Mackenzie.

"Excuse me, boys," she said when she got closer to us. "Kai, one of the TV journalists wanted to interview us. Would you mind, tito?"

Umiling naman si dad. "Of course, I don't mind. Please do your thing."

We attended the TV journalist at binigyan pa kami ng ilang information kung paano namin sasagutin ang bawat tanong nila para makuhaan ng maayos at maibigay ang gusto naming iparating. It only took twenty minutes of our time at sinabihan kaming lalabas din kaagad ito sa news mamayang gabi and might be on the tabloids and newspapers tomorrow.

From morning until the closing of the store, hindi magkamayaw ang pagdating ng mga tao. Tama lang din talaga ang naging desisyon namin ni Mackenzie na ibuhos muna namin ang lahat ng stocks on the first week of our opening dahil dadagsain kami nito at hindi nga kami nagkamali. If we didn't think about it baka past twelve pa lang ay out of stock na kami. But aside from the yogurt, they also enjoyed the place. With all the fruits and main attraction—the strawberry stood out. And with all that being said, it's a success.

Later at night, nagkaroon ng mini celebration sa Foyers private function room. It was organized by my father. Hindi ko naman ineexpect na paghahandaan niya rin pala ito. So my parents, Millarca, Miss Fletcher, Miss Sandra, Miss Jarajo, and some members from the L.M. Foundation. I invited all these people because they are close to my heart and they are a big part of my success and all.

It was as if all the pain, troubles, and doubts ended when a blessing like Mackenzie became my light through the darkness. And I was to her.

The next morning, we just found out that we're still on the news and we were trending in every social media. Nagising din ako ng wala sa tabi ko si Mackenzie kaya nagtataka ako kung nasaan siya. When I heard noises coming from the bathroom, agad ko naman kinumusta ang kanyang kondisyon. Hindi naman agad ito sumagot sa akin kung hindi ang narinig ko na lamang ay ang pag-flush ng inidoro. Saglit lamang ay binuksan din ni Mackenzie ang pinto.

"What happened?"

"I thought I was sick..." she said.

Napangisi naman ako. "Mukhang naparami ka rin ata ng yogurt kahapon, ah?"

"I thought it was but no..."

Kumunot ang noo ko sa sinabi niya. "And what could it be?"

Then she took something from her hand and then at first glance, I knew what it was. It's a pregnancy test.

"Are—are you?"

She smiled and nodded. "Yes! I am!"

Bigla namang nagdiwang ang buo kong pagkatao at niyakap ko na lamang si Mackenzie. Binuhat ko pa siya at ibinaba rin kaagad dahil baka kung ano pang mangyari sa kanya. Pinaulanan ko siya ng halik dahil sa excitement na nararamdaman ko sa dibdib ko. I just couldn't believe that it'll happen.

"But I thought—you got a negative one the other day?"

"I thought I did but maybe that test was a defective one. I just had to make sure and now, it showed two lines."

"So I'm going to be a father?"

She nodded, giggling. "Yes, you are going to be a father."

I kissed Mackenzie so much and hugged her even tight.

"I love you, Zie..."

"And you know how much I love you, Kai..."

Even though the world was too much for me. That I thought ending it would be the answer. Now, everything seems worth it and the journey will be much more exciting. I know life wasn't good for me when I was growing up. It's bad. But then aside from being mistreated and discriminated against, I stepped to the other side where I found my new home.

My new home is one of a kind. Tila bumaliktad ang mundo para sa akin. Ending it wasn't the answer because there's always more to life.

And if they just let me hear, people like me would never suffer again.

But from this day forward, I can't wait to meet my kids. And if they inherit my disability. I would listen to them. I would guide them. I would let them speak and see the world as it should be. Because in this world, one shall not be blind, unheard, and kept silent to the reality of the world. Be fair, be nice, 'cause in the end, we're all just human beings.

THE END

***

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed reading my story and the two other stories from the series! I hope hindi kayo magsawa sa pagsuporta sa akin at sa aming collaboration. At gaya nga ng nabanggit namin sa aming Q & A 2 video, we'll see each other sa Side Stories! Are you ready for it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.4K 3.6K 47
"Seoul gave me a lot to hold on to. From creating good memories to bad heartbreak. From life lessons to applying it. Seoul taught me that love is unc...
31.7K 736 79
[COMPLETED] The memories of yesterday still haunt me. - Ireneia Salvador Five years ago, Ireneia and Third broke up. Five years later, they are the n...
1M 28.3K 110
✔Completed Hi. Ako yung nakilala mo sa Omegle. Dati. (A Text Story) (Highest Rank: #15 in Teen Fiction) Omegle is a site where you can talk to a rand...
1.3M 57.4K 103
(Finished) Stella Dominguez works during the day and goes to law school every night - well, after her law classes, she parties at clubs to have some...