Milo & Judah

By jms777

When Milo returns home from college for winter break, he's surprised to discover that his brother brought mor... More

Chapter 1 - Home for the Holidays
Chapter 2 - Milo Meets Judah
Chapter 3 - Getting Close
Chapter 4 - French Toast
Chapter 5 - Judah's First Beach Day
Chapter 6 - Perception Isn't Reality
Chapter 7 - Mixed Signals
Chapter 8 - Go For It
Chapter 9 - Second-Guessing
Chapter 10 - Revealing Conversations in the Dark
Chapter 11 - Nothing or Everything
Chapter 12 - Fresh Start
Chapter 13 - Countdown
Chapter 14 - The Perfect Night
Chapter 15 - What Feels Right
Chapter 16 - Closure
Chapter 17 - Quality Time
Chapter 18 - Judah's First Christmas
Chapter 19 - Family Outing
Chapter 20 - Expectation vs Reality
Chapter 22 - Never Enough
Chapter 23 - Judah's Gift
Chapter 24 - Family Dynamics
Chapter 25 - Warm
Chapter 26 - Surprise
Epilogue - A Year in the Making
A/N: My Next Story

Chapter 21 - Departure Time

4K 218 26
By jms777

Milo and Judah returned to the McBride's house to await Judah's travel itinerary. They told the family about the situation before going up to Milo's room to lie on Milo's bed holding each other while they had the chance. They didn't say much. There wasn't much to say. Judah was leaving. Nothing either of them said would change that.

Judah knew that Milo was upset. Milo knew that Judah had to go. It wouldn't help either of them to cry or lament what might have been. They could do that tomorrow when they were alone. Apart.

For now, they just wanted to be together in peace.

The room steadily grew darker as the day wore on into the evening, past sunset.

The buzzing of Judah's phone in his pocket startled them both. He took it out and opened his texts. "Looks like I've got a flight."

"When?" Milo asked, his voice barely even a whisper.

"In the morning. At seven." Judah looked up from the phone to meet Milo's eyes. The light from the phone made his eyes glisten.

Milo sucked in a quivering breath. The tears he'd been holding back broke through his defenses.

Judah pulled Milo into his arms and held him so tightly. Milo could feel him shaking a bit. And occasionally, he would sniffle.

At some point, Milo fell asleep. He awoke to shuffling sounds in the dark.

He felt incredibly cold and quickly realized that Judah was gone.

"Judah!" he called out, afraid he'd missed seeing Judah off.

"I'm right here, baby." Judah sat on the bed and stroked Milo's arm. "Go back to sleep. It's still really early. It's not even five yet."

Milo reached over to switch on the reading light attached to the top of his bed. He grabbed Judah's hand and sat up to wrap his other arm around Judah's neck. "I don't want to waste any more time on sleep."

Judah kissed his neck. "I know."

Milo pulled back and wiped his eyes. They were burning, irritated from all the tears he had shed earlier. He stared into Judah's beautiful blue-green eyes—more blue than green at the moment. With his heart pounding like he'd just ran a marathon, Milo said, "Before you go, all I want is you."

Judah examined him, furrowing his brows. "Like—"

Milo suspected Judah knew what he meant, but just in case, he clarified: "Like you and me together. Just once. Since we have to miss our special night. I don't care about being in a fancy hotel, or having this elaborate date. I just want to be with you."

"I want to be with you, too."

Judah put a hand on Milo's face and leaned in to kiss him.

After a very intense kiss, Judah pulled away to take off his shirt. Milo took the opportunity to remove his shirt as well before Judah returned to press his lips to Milo's again. Milo dragged Judah down onto the bed with him, letting his hands roam across Judah's back.

Judah moved to kiss Milo's neck, his shoulder, his chest, before returning to his lips. He kept breaking away to stare into Milo's eyes. He seemed so enthralled by Milo. It gave Milo a thrill every time.

An alarm woke Milo from a deep slumber. For a moment, he wondered if he'd only dreamed what happened with Judah. Then Judah pulled him back against his chest and kissed his shoulder. "It's time, baby."

Milo turned over to look at Judah. He simply nodded, feeling the prickling of fresh tears rising.

They quickly got up and dressed before someone could walk in on them.

The whole family woke up to see them off.

Mrs. McBride hugged Judah. "I loved having you with us this year. I hope you make a habit of it."

Judah turned his eyes to Milo. "I hope so, too."

Maggie took a turn hugging him.

Mercer just gave a nod. "I'll see you back at school."

Judah gave them a halfhearted wave and a sad smile. "Bye."

Mrs. McBride pressed the car keys into Milo's hand. "Are you sure you want to go alone?"

Milo pressed his lips together and nodded. "Yeah."

They held hands the whole way to the airport, even after their palms got clammy.

Milo parked in the unloading area and got out to help Judah, even though he only had one bag.

Tears immediately started rolling down Milo's cheeks. "So, this is it then."

"No." Judah wiped his thumbs under Milo's eyes. "This is not it. This isn't over just because I have to go. We'll make this work. We'll text, and call each other, and we'll video chat, so I can see this adorable face." Judah cupped Milo's cheek.

Milo let out a breathy laugh and forced a smile.

"I don't know if you know this, but I'm very attached to you." Judah said. "And I'm not willing to give you up. Especially not after last night. I need that to happen many more times."

Milo pulled Judah in for a kiss. His lips tasted salty from all their crying, but Milo didn't care. Judah certainly didn't seem to when he pushed his tongue through Milo's parted lips.

Milo pulled him closer, holding him as close as they could get until they were almost to the point of crushing each other.

When they broke apart, Judah looked over Milo's face for what seemed like a long time, just studying him. Judah's face suddenly became very serious as he took a deep breath. "I love you."

The admission shocked Milo so much that he forgot to be sad. He even forgot to breathe for several seconds. He gasped, speechless.

Judah clutched both of Milo's hands tight. "I know that sounds crazy. And it's so fast. We haven't even known each other for two full weeks, but I can't imagine my life without you. I've actually actively tried to do it."

Judah shrugged and shook his head as a huge grin spread across his face. "I just can't. Every moment going forward, I see you there—even if it's not in person—sharing it with me."

Milo continued to stare at him, dumbstruck. His mind raced for words to say. Something. Anything. A reciprocation. Even gratitude. But nothing came out.

Judah looked concerned, his lips parting as if he was about to say something. Whatever it might have been was interrupted by his phone beeping. "If I don't go right now, I'm gonna miss the check in for my flight. I'll call you when I get there."

Milo nodded.

"Okay, then." Judah pressed the button on the top of his suitcase to extend the handle. He wrapped his fingers around it and turned away, slowly walking out of Milo's life.

Just as Judah got to the automatic doors, everything he said caught up to Milo all at once. Milo could not let Judah just walk away like this. That could not be how they said goodbye.

"Judah!"

Judah paused and looked back over his shoulder.

"I love you, too." Milo shouted, garnering a few stares from passersby.

Judah's lips stretched into that adorable grin that Milo loved so much. He ran back and released his hold on his suitcase to kiss Milo one last time. He let out a breathy laugh and leaned his forehead against Milo's. "You had me a little worried I had freaked you out for a minute there."

Milo started crying again. For a whole new set of reasons. "I love you so much. And you're right. It is absolutely insane to feel like this. But I don't care."

Judah gave him a quick peck on the lips. "I love you."

"I love you." Milo said again.

Judah laughed. "It feels really good to say that, right?"

"It does."

Judah's smile faded. "I really do have to go."

Milo rubbed Judah's chest, trying to hold back a fresh wave of sorrow. "I know."

"So, one more time for the road?" Judah asked.

"I love you." Milo said.

Judah hugged him tight and kissed him again. He breathed out a heavy sigh. "I love you."

Milo watched Judah walking through the crowd until he could no longer see him. Then he got in the car and drove home alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 301 11
Mark hasn't been on one single date for the past four and a half years. Not because he isn't attractive to the ladies.. No, it's because he's loved o...
8.9K 175 24
Alex returns to his home town or now city. It's his first time in university, with his old best friend Leah. He finds himself stuck with a roommate...
676K 30.4K 31
Micah wanted nothing but to finish the last year of highschool so that he could take his father's place as Alpha. What happens when he finds out that...
6.9K 351 15
When Ashad's friend Ella knocks back his confession, he's not surprised; after all, she's gay. But what does surprise him is his growing affection fo...