What Happens Behind Closed Do...

By cannedzucchini

Although y/n had worked at the BAU for three years, her life and troubled past remained somewhat reserved fro... More

Chapter One
Chapter two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Epilogue
The Final Rose
little announcement

Chapter Eight

8.7K 157 151
By cannedzucchini

Normally I do not do beginning notes but this chapter is really long and is a lot of recaps just to clear up what is happening because some people have been hella confused with what is happening. This also adds more info into y/n (your) thoughts and stuff.

_____

You took three days off from work to heal your concussion but honestly you really just needed a break. You sobbed through two of them because you honestly felt like your world was just tumbling apart beneath you. Today was your last day off before work tomorrow.

You invited Emily over tonight because you really needed to fill her in on what happened on the case. the team was not going to be told about it because it was supposed to be "confidential" but you knew they would all find out eventually and you thought it best to tell her in person.

You heard a knock at your door and you knew it was Emily so you yelled, "Come in Em it's unlocked." She walked in and looked at you with your disheveled hair, a glass of wine, and obvious puffy eyes, before sitting on the couch and saying. "Hey, gurl. You doing ok?"

You looked at her and said, "I'm only minorly broken but I just do not want to go back to work. You want wine?" She watched you speak and her face went blank. "What happened on that case? Give me the long story and yes, wine please," she said actually pretty worried about you.

"There is literally so much, do you really want the long story?" you asked, handing her a glass of wine before you started to tell. "You might want this before I start." Emily looked at you, took the glass, and said "Y/n just tell me the story." She was worried about you.

"Okay so," you began, "It all starts the night before the case. After you left that night I looked back through the case file and Spencer called me shortly after." you stopped for a second, and Emily looked at you with surprised eyes that were egging you to speak more

"He called me and it was really an awkward call. He called me to make sure I was gonna be fine on the case but it was just silent for most of it. And then he called me by my case name which was Karen of all names. And so I was like fine bitch and said "Goodnight James" in a sexy voice just to fuck with him."

Emily was confused "why did you do that?" she said, "I don't know I just wanted to fuck with him a little, it was funny to me." I said back

"Okay continue," Emily said and you did. "So Spence hung up the phone and then I got another call like three seconds later and I didn't check the caller ID because I thought it was spencer and I answered the phone thinking it was him. Which it wasn't."

Emily's mouth dropped open, "Who was it?"

"It was Hotch but I did not know that and of course I answered the phone in a sexy voice. I was all like "James why are you calling me again so late at night" and it was all pouty and sexy and gross. Hotch was pissed."

"You're an idiot." was all she could say to that because she had a massive grin on her face.

"And then he was mad at me. He was like "who the hell is James" and then yelled at me and said to take care of WHATEVER BOY I was with before the case or I am fired. Like why did he emphasize boy? Why was he so mad that I was with someone?"

Emily was cackling at this point. She thought it was so funny that this happened to you. "Oh just wait it gets worse."

Should I tell her about the sex dream? Nah maybe another time. "So then I had to talk with him the next morning and I really just dug myself into a hole with that one."

"This story is just getting better and better" Emily laughed at you. "I am glad you are enjoying this so much because I am not." You said bluntly and sarcastically to her.

"So I went into his office the next morning and he had the audacity to ask me how my night was. And of course, I did not actually fuck anyone but I was mad at him so I told him I took care of the man really well and that it was a one night stand thing. I basically implied that I fucked whoever I was with and then sent them home, which I said just to piss him off and well, it 100% worked."

Emily was dead faced right now. her mouth was wide open and she could not even speak. "What." was all she said. I paused for a minute. "What the fuck." she said. "Oh my god y/n you are just asking to be fired." she paused for a second. "Also either Hotch really hates you or wants to fuck you into the next century."

"EMILY." you practically screamed at her. "I can almost guarantee he does not want to rail me. I think he sees me as a child he has to take care of because he does not trust me to be able to do anything."

"Can I continue? I am not even halfway through the story." Emily nodded because she was so greatly engrossed in what idiotic decisions you were making.

"Yeah so Hotch kicked me out of his office and Spencer and I got into the car and I slept the whole way. I woke up halfway through or so and Spencer not only was listening to sweater weather, he and I bonded over being bisexual. Did you even know?"

"PUH-LEASE we have known. Was it not obvious to you?" she said back and you shook your head. "Anyways, so we were riding and he leaned over and put his hand on my thigh and was all like 'I'll make sure you don't die on this case,' or something manly and protective like that. I was WILDLY uncomfortable so I looked at him and asked him to not make this case ruin our friendship."

"Dude Reid is in love with you. I don't know what kind of fucking rom-com bullshit move you are living in but Hotch and Reid are in love with you," yeah Reid maybe, but hotch? Was Hotch into me?

"Em stop making those jokes, we are all friends, except Hotch hates me more than Reid does." you laughed through your words. "So we pull up to this place and this man only addresses Reid. He does not even look at me. Then later on we got to our room and this asshole goes 'woman carry the bags to the room'."

"Who even is that dude?" she asked you "I have no clue. He did not tell spencer and me his name. I was so lost and I asked Spencer what was going on after he left. Spencer was like 'we are here to save the kidnapped women that are forced here.' Like none of this was in my case file you even read it."

"Why was none of that in your case file," she said with a nervous look on her face. "I'm about to get to that. So we went to get ready for the gala and I looked hot. The BAU gave me hot girl clothing." You said as you showed her a picture of what you were wearing.

"Damn mama you look hot in that. I'm shocked Reid did not try to make a move." you looked at her and laughed, "Oh just wait I'm getting to that too." and Emily's eyes went wide as she almost spat out her drink.

"So I did my check-in with hotch on the earpiece, and it was he who left the shit out of my case file 'by accident' and he apologized for it. Which in the first place was shocking, but then I cracked a joke and he actually laughed."

"So I turned my stuff off and walked down the stairs and Spencer looked at me like he was going to eat me. Like full-blown stared at me. So I called him out on it and he got really flirty. I was all like 'James take a picture it'll last longer.' and he went 'if I took a picture i do not think you would want to know what I would do with it'."

Emily's eyes went wide again but she begged you to continue without even saying anything. "So we walked outside, and almost immediately after, Hotch was in my ear all mad and angry. Which was so dumb because he was nice to me like three seconds beforehand. And this is when he turned into a fucking drill Sargent."

You laughed as you said that and continued by mocking hotch's voice "He said 'I need you to understand that this case is not a joke. When you walk in there you are not to dance with Spencer whatsoever, you are not to eat or drink anything, and especially DO NOT draw attention to yourself.' or something like that and was just completely yelling at me."

Emily looked at you like you were an absolute idiot, "dude ur earpiece was definitely not off. He probably heard all of Spencer and you being flirty and shit."

oh my god, my mic was not off. That is why he was mad at me. Oh my god, he probably knows Spencer is James. Oh my god, he probably thinks spencer and I are sleeping together because James was who I said on the phone when I picked up his call. I AM SO DUMB. I'm gonna get transferred. There is no way I come out of that meeting tomorrow still with a job at the BAU.

"God, I hope not because of what I did after that 100% does not help my case." Emily laughed at you. "So to dig me into a deeper hole, when we were at the gala we were the only ones sitting. Everyone was up, eating, talking, or dancing. I kept hearing hotch in my ear practically yelling at us not to dance until spencer grabbed my arm and pulled me onto the dance floor."

Emily made sexual gestures towards you about spencer as you lightly hit her in the arm and said "Stop bitch" and laughed. "They played lovegame, Emily. how was I not supposed to dance."

"Hotch was in my ear the whole time telling me to stop dancing but as soon as the song came on i went into it. I was practically all over spencer, we were dancing and having fun." Emily gave you the 'you idiot' stare before letting you continue.

"I know I shouldn't have done it but I grinded against him and he moved his hands all up and down me. I was screaming the song so hotch could hear it and so that he knew that I was dancing. I wanted him to know that I was having fun dancing with spencer."

Emily's eyes went wide, "You are such a bitch. I love it."

"We sat back down after the song was over and that's when hotch went absolutely mental on me." You sighed before continuing, "He was yelling at me like there was no tomorrow and I got sick of it so I turned my earpiece and everything off"

"Y/n do you know how dangerous that is?" Emily said slightly scolding you, "Well yeah I know now I got my head bashed after I went to the bathroom." oh shit Emily did not know this yet.

Emily was about to freak out before you went, "just wait I'll get to that part."

"But, After I turned my mic off that's when I saw it. Spencer had a massive tent in his pants." Emily choked on her drink and spat it out. "NO WAY" she screamed. "No way he had a boner because of that."

"I dance well" you winked at her "But let me tell you that man is hung like a motherfucker. Anyways, I left to go to the bathroom because I assumed he needed a minute to cool off" you and Emily giggled at that before you said, "but that's when shit went south."

"One of the girls who had been kidnapped followed me to the bathroom and basically told me her life story before saying she was taken. So I told her that I was part of the FBI and that we were here to get all the women out. And I gave her the normal routine shit to do. She left."

"So that's it?" Emily said to you and you looked at her with shocked eyes, "Bitch please" and continued

"Yeah, so I walked out of that bathroom and was literally in the process of turning my shit back on to talk to hotch and I got hit over the head with something and the next thing I knew I woke up to the sound of gunshots and was tied to a chair."

Emily totally freaked out at this point "What the fuck are you ok? You don't come out of something like that and go back to work three days later. You should ask Hotch for more time." you looked at her "After what happens I don't even want to talk to hotch."

"Basically Hotch carried me out of the building while I was all drowsy and I barely got out a thank you to him before he said 'always' back to me and carried me to the emergency people."

"WHAT?" Emily by now has completely lost her shit trying to process all of this "Bitch you really are living in a movie right now."

"Sure, whatever you call it." you said back "so then I got cleared by the medic lady and I went to go find Hotch to thank him but he was nowhere to be found and then I spotted him."

Your eyes began to water as you started to recall and tell this to her. "He was across the lot absolutely screaming at Spencer about God knows what and I went to walk over." Your eyes really began to fill up and Emily noticed putting a hand on your leg to try and calm you down.

"As I walked up to them Hotch looked at me, scoffed, and stormed off and I don't even know why." Your voice finally cracked and the tears started to flow.

"So I looked at spencer to ask what happened and he then proceeded to yell at me too. And I tried to lighten the situation by making a joke but it just made everything worse and Spence was pissed." You were completely sobbing at this point and Emily was just trying to let you finish your story before she comforted you.

"So then Spence finally yelled at me 'Enjoy talking to Hotch when you get back because that man is ready to absolutely kill you.' and he stormed off. Emily what do I even do now I have to go back to work tomorrow."

You sobbed and Emily pulled you into a hug and completely engulfed you in her arms. You two just sat there for a second while you pulled yourself somewhat together. She pulled away to talk to you. "Hey, you are going to go in there tomorrow and tell them what the fuck happened and make them all apologize to you."

You pulled back and laughed slightly while sniffling all the snot you had in your nose. "Thank you Em, I really needed that." You hugged her again but it was a short one.

You looked at the clock and had seen at this point it was midnight and you felt terrible for keeping her so late. She clearly noticed that you watched the clock and said, "Y/n I can stay here tonight if you want."

"Oh god please that would be amazing em." you smiled as you two curled up on the couch because all you needed was comfort after all of that and Emily was always there for you no matter what.

____

2695 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 496 41
You're an FBI agent at the BAU, something you've always wanted to do growing up. And now, you've made it, at 27 years old. But what's gonna happen du...
336K 6.8K 21
Y/N begins to work at the BAU and is instantly interested in Aaron Hotchner. After several years and many crazy events, they try to work out their tr...
73.3K 1.3K 30
Y/n's trauma leads to her fallout and Spencer's relapse. After an altercation at work Y/n decides to disappear, leaving Spencer alone. After years of...
16.6K 316 22
Y/N has had a thing for Hotch since her first interview with him. He's married, though, and hasn't thought of her as anything more than a subordinate...