CHERRY // marlene mckinnon

By darlingnovas

when a girl meets a girl. *slow updates* All aspects of the Harry Potter series, books, characters and the W... More

𝐼𝑁𝑇𝑅𝑂
𝐢𝐴𝑆𝑇
π‘ƒπΏπ΄π‘ŒπΏπΌπ‘†π‘‡
-one
-two
-three
-four
-five
-six
-seven
-eight
-nine
-ten
-eleven
-twelve
-thirteen
-fourteen
-fifteen
-sixteen
-seventeen
-eighteen
-nineteen
-twenty
-twenty two
-twenty three
-twenty four
-twenty five
-twenty six
-twenty seven
-twenty eight
-twenty nine
-thirty
-thirty one
-thirty two
-thirty three
-thirty four
-thirty five
-thirty six
-thirty seven
-thirty eight
-thirty nine
-forty
-forty one
-forty two
-200k reads !!
-forty three
-forty four
-forty five

-twenty one

4.4K 189 236
By darlingnovas

After the two days Aurora spent in dorm, crying and, well binge- reading, she was back to her usual self. Well, not really. Her pristine public facade masked the truth hidden within herself. She was broken. Shattered in a million pieces. But she only revealed the version of herself that other people wanted to see. And that version showed the graceful, flawless, rich girl.

She had also borrowed many books from the library, and they all needed to be returned. So, Aurora decided to get out of her dorm for the first time in days, besides leaving to the library.

"We'll look who's finally out of her 'den'." Aurora turned around as she came out of the bathroom. It was Veronica.

"Oh, yeah. I just need to return some books." She replied.

"You know, it's okay to not be okay." Veronica said.

"What-"

"I've known you since we were literally toddlers. And I know you well enough to know that you isolate yourself for a few days and the put up that whole act. You go back to acting like nothing's wrong." Veronica said, moving towards her.

"I'm fine. I really am, so there's nothing you need to worry about." Aurora lied to her friend.

"No you're not. And I know I sure as hell wouldn't be if I found out that I have to marry someone I completely loathe." Veronica snapped back. "Don't bottle all your feelings up."

"Well what do you want me to do?! I still have to marry Avery no matter what I do or say, so it won't make a difference!" Aurora started to pace around the room. "I can't do anything."

"Cissy and I can help you get out of it-"

"No. I won't drag you guys into this." Aurora said.

"We want to help you. Don't you understand?" Veronica tried to reason with her.

"Why?! Why do you guys even care? Its not you who's marrying someone you hate, is it?"

"Because you're my best friend and I fucking care about you! I want you to be happy, not miserable for the rest of your life." Veronica finally said.

"Just- Just leave it. There's nothing we can do to get me out of this and that's final. Now if you don't mind, I have to go to the library."

"Wait-"

But before Veronica could finish, Aurora took her books and left, slamming the door behind her.

*****

  Aurora returned her books and decided to pick up some new ones to read. To her luck, the library wasn't packed with students. Only a few students could be seen.

So she walked through the aisles in search of a new book to read. She had already read a lot of the books in the library before, mainly because of the huge selection of books her family owned back at Grimmauld Place. She decided to reread one of her favorite novels, Anne of Green Gables. Yes, it may have been considered a children's book, but Aurora enjoyed it regardless.

As she was about to reach for the book, she realized it was too far up. She looked for her wand but it wasn't in her pocket. Shit, must've left it back at the dorms she thought to herself. She was about to just give up and leave until she heard a voice behind her. She was startled, but she turned around to only find that it was a familiar talk, scar-covered boy.

"Here." Remus said as he gave her the book. "Uhm I saw that you were struggling a bit."

"Oh yeah, thanks." Aurora said awkwardly, not knowing what to do next.

"It's the least I could do. One of the perks of being this tall is that I can easily reach high shelves." He chuckled. "So what brings you to the library when everyone's mostly outside? Not trying to be nosy or anything-"

"No it's fine. Well, I guess you could say that I enjoy the simpler things in life. And that includes books. Lot's of books." She replied kindly.

"I could say the same about myself. Sirius, James, and Peter are not really the book-reading type of people. I mean hell, they even call me grandpa sometimes because I'm always reading instead of helping them prank someone." They both laughed at that and sat down.

"My friends think that I should go out and 'live a little'. And that's their words, not mine."

Aurora enjoyed talking to someone that understood her, or well, at least shared the same interests as her. She was smiling and laughing. Not the fake ones that she put up for others, but genuine smiles and laughs.

"I mean in a way, we are living. It's just different from what they do. Personally for me, reading gives me life." Remus spoke up again.

"I agree. Except for me, reading all these novels and stories helps me escape from this life. When I'm hooked up in a good book, I just dive into this new world and see life from a completely different perspective." She explained, thinking about all the novels she read.

Before Remus had a chance to reply, loud chatter erupted from the entrance of the library.

"Guys, there's Remus." One of the voices said.

"Oi, Moony!"

Aurora and Remus turned to see who it was, although it wasn't hard to guess that it was the Marauders. But they weren't alone. Behind them stood Lily and Marlene. Aurora and Remus didn't notice the two girls behind them until they reached the two.

"Didn't really think this was where you'd be spending your weekend, Padfoot." Remus started talking.

"We were looking for you and it wasn't really hard to guess that you were here." Sirius said. "Oh and hello there sister dearest."

As soon as Sirius said that, Marlene head emerged from behind the boys with Lily. Her gaze shifted to Aurora and then their eyes met for a split second. But Aurora was quick to break off the eye contact and went straight back to looking down at her book.

"So, Moony, we were planning on pranking Snivellus again-" James started.

"No." Was all Remus said.

"What? What do you mean no?" James questioned his friend.

"I mean, no I won't help you prank him."

"Oh come on, Moony!" Sirius whined. "Even Wormtail agreed on this one."

"I did?" Peter sounded confused, but was only met with a glare from Sirius. "O-Oh yeah, I did."

"James don't you remember what happened the last time you pranked Severus?" Lily questioned sounding a bit pissed off. James seemed to be in deep thought but then it hit him. "Exactly."

"But he called you a mud- sorry, that word." James tried to reason with Lily.

"I know and I am disappointed in him, but honestly, go find someone else to prank."

And so James and Lily kept arguing about why he should and why he shouldn't prank Snape.

"Ugh just make out already." Marlene  finally said, putting a  stop to all of their bickering. They both stopped turned around to face her with annoyed looks on their faces. "What? I think we can all feel the tension between you two. I mean you guys sound like the old couple that lives across from my parents house. And let me tell you, they're always arguing."

Aurora couldn't help but let out a slight chuckle at that.

"I mean maybe one day we will be an old married couple." James said with a proud look on his face.

"Keep wishing, James." Lily replied.

The two kept bickering on about something again and then at that moment Aurora happened to look behind them and there she saw them.

Avery and his cronies. Not to mention Evan and Regulus were also there.

"Shit." She muttered to herself.

"What's wrong?" Remus seemed to be the only one to notice the panicked look that swept over her face as the others kept chatting on.

"Uh- I- uhm- I've got to go. Sorry." She quickly said and got up from her seat. The others then noticed how she suddenly left.

"What's up with her?" Sirius asked. Marlene then started to go after her.

*****

Aurora walked as fast as she could so she could leave the library without having an encounter with Avery.

But luck wasn't on her side this time.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Aurora Black. Or should I say, soon to be Av-"

"Keep your fucking mouth shut." Aurora hissed at Avery.

"No need to get so aggressive." Avery started as his friends watched in amusement. Except Regulus and Evan had their gazes to the floor. "Especially not to your soon-to-be husband."

Aurora was now very furious and it took a lot of self-control for her to not punch him right there.

"Will you please just leave me alone for once? And don't talk about that here." She said.

"Can you guys give us a moment?" He asked, turning to his friends. And they all just nodded and scurried off. Regulus gave Aurora one last look that read be careful before he left.

"What are you doing?" She asked, genuinely confused.

"Follow me." That was all Avery replied with.

"Alone? With you? Yeah, no thanks."

"Well you said you didn't want to talk about it here, so we kind as well go somewhere private. And we do need to talk about it at some point considering we're to be married in a year." He said.

"You know what, I'd rather kiss a troll than ever marry you." She turned to leave but he grabbed her wrists and pulled her back.

"Listen here, Black, I don't know who you think you are, but stop being such a stubborn bitch. You are going to marry me whether you want to or not, and that's final." He said, anger written all over his face, and she winced as he gripped her wrist tighter.

"Fuck you." She spat as she pulled her wrist from his grip.

"You don't want to mess with me." He said.

"Oh yeah? And what are you going to do about it? Are you gonna go and tell mummy and daddy." She mocked, with a smirk on her face.

"Or maybe I'll just let that girlfriend of yours know exactly what's going on." He said, looking satisfied with himself.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Watch me." It was now Avery who was smirking. "Oh! Here she comes right now."

Aurora turned around and saw Marlene walking towards her.

"Great."

*****

OMG GUYSS TYSM FOR 6K READS, THIS FEELS SO UNREAL! I LOVE YOU ALL SM! HAVE A GOOD DAY/ NIGHT.🤍

oh and sorry for updating later than usual😃🤚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 322 25
Amaya and Sirius had always been close, until they started Hogwarts. They were sorted into separate houses and they sorta developed feelings for each...
14.1K 227 42
A simple story of a boy and a girl who fall in love. Evelyn Walters transfers to Hogwarts during the start of her sixth year, hoping to breeze past t...
86 0 14
"I love you." "Of course you do. I mean, what's not to love?" She rolled her eyes. "I love you, too, so just kiss me already." *Harry Potter Love Sto...