Girls Und Panzer Tankery's En...

By KingDiscord

(One Shot) Hoja City celebrates Christmas with friends and memories. More

Christmas Special

755 13 5
By KingDiscord

Girls Und Panzer Tankery's End

Christmas Special

A/N: This is in no way chronological to my main story. Just a fun holiday special. Enjoy ;)

Snow fall had blanketed the ground overnight. The cold crisp air breezed through Hoja City as the once desolate streets now shined with a whole of beautiful decorations. Wreathes, ornaments, and other special novelties regarding the present holiday lay or hung throughout the occupied area of the city. Christmas had come.

With the revelation of the biggest holiday of the year approaching the Co-Commanders of the city allowed the team to fill themselves with as much joy as they could, which was why they had spent the last morning getting everything decorated.

Outside the headquarters of Hoja City, standing next to a ladder, was a small group of individuals who nearly finished with the hanging of wreathes and other lovely ornaments on the roof.

"You almost done with that?" Mark asked his friend on the ladder.

"Give me a moment, the nail isn't planted firmly yet." Austin responded. The other on lookers, such as Will and Nikoli, as well as three girls from Ooarai's Panzer IV, stood nearby watching.

"I think that's the best we're going to get it." Saori said admiring the work they had done.

"Quite exemplary. I do love the flowered wreathes." Hana stated. She had worked with some of the St. Gloriana girls to make the wreathes, which was fun in of itself.

"yeah, and with Christmas tomorrow it feels like we're back home." Yukari said. Next to them William and Nikoli were watching the two others work as they joined in the small talk.

"I-I get w-why Nikoli is-isnt cold. B-but h-how can y-you girls not b-be w-wearing sk-sk-skirts." William said nearly freezing, despite having on a huge winter coat.

"Feminine resilience." Saori said. Nikoli and Yukari let out hearty laughs.

"Ah, this reminds me of home. Hard winter snow, and good company to outlast it. What a time to be alive." Nikoli said.

"I w=wont be a-alive in a f-few m-m-minutes." William said shivering. Yukari giggled and took his hand.

"Come on Will, lets go inside and get some hoy chocolate." She said, to which the boy nodded.

"P-Please." Was his answer. At this time Austin came down from the ladder and whipped his hands clean of the bristle and sap from the wreath.

"Ah, well that's done. Time to go inside and warm up." Austin said.

"Done with the snow already Austin?" Hana asked.

"Yes. I have no reason to stay out here any longer." The man answered.

"Not even if Nonna were to ask you to?" Saori teasingly asked. Austin frowned and grew a small hue of pink.

"If my girlfriend would want to walk around the snow with her I wouldn't necessarily say no." Austin said. The two girls giggled.

"Your experience with Christmas cant be all bad right?" Nikoli asked. Austin shook his head.

"It's not Christmas I have a problem with. In case you all forgot the last time I was around snow I fell down a mountain." Austin said referring to his misadventure with Nonna.

"Well I'm sure that this time you'll be fine. Might only get stung by a wasp or something." Mark joked causing the group to laugh.

"Alright, I say we follow Yukari and Will and get some hot chocolate." Saori suggested.

"Yes!!" Mark yelled with his arms in the air as he rushed to the cafeteria. The four laughed at him and followed him inside.

Darjeeling sat to Davis's right as he and Donovan were neck and neck in a hard-fought Chess game. Davis had the upper hand earlier, but a miscalculation caused him to lose his ace. His white squared bishop. Donovan may have lost his two knights but with his bishops in a frontal assault Davis would need to bring his rooks early or deploy his queen. Assam sat next to Donovan taking in all account of the game, as Alisa, who was on Davis's left, took notes on the moves and calculation the two made.

"Knight to E-3." Davis planted his knight in range of Donovan's black square bishop. Donovan mused over the move. If he moved his bishop then Davis would take a pawn. Not a large lose, but that pawn was spaced away perfectly for Davis to take one of his rooks. Not to mention he would be flanked.

"Pawn to H-3." Donovan moved a pawn in to protect the bishop. Like clockwork Davis moved his knight again to take the precise pawn Donovan thought he would.

"Better watch out Green. There's a reason I'm Commander of Virginia." Davis said.

"Yeah, cause I went easy on you." Donovan said as he moved his queen into take that knight. "And I won't do that anymore."

"Ah thank you I needed that." Davis moved one of his rooks to take Donovan's Queen.

"Crap." Donovan choaked it. Alisa was shocked to see that happen. She didn't even see the rook was in place.

"How did you do that Davis?" She asked.

"In Chess make your enemy think three steps ahead while you think four. I lost my bishop early which is why I tried to trap with my knight. Donovan does not like to be flanked, a good trait in Tankery but not in chess." Davis said.

"You botched it. Mr. Davis still has more advanced units then you, there's no way you can win." Assam told Donovan.

"Your not helping woman." Donovan said. Darjeeling laughed at this. She remembered how Christmas was like back at St. Gloriana. It was just like this. Peaceful and with friends.

"I take it you are winning again Davis?" She asked.

"Yup. I've got this in the bag." He boasted. Little did he know Donovan saw one major flaw in his line.

"Checkmate." Donovan moved his last bishop to line up with Davis's king, which was cornered by a pawn and a rook in a castle formation. However an opening in the side left Davis's king exposed and completely vulnerable with one way it could move. Davis looked at the board and smacked his palm into his face. how could he have been so stupid.

"Well I guess the bag has a hole in it." Darjeeling said. Alisa laughed.

"Good try Davis. Next time." She said.

"Yeah, good game Green." Davis reached over and shook his friends hand.

"Likewise Commander." The five then cleaned up and simply started conversation, while enjoying hot chocolate and each other's company, before the loud speakers went up.

"Good day everyone, this Erika letting everyone know that Hans and I found some old music tapes. And I do believe you'll all enjoy them. so let loose and Merry Christmas." After Erika spoke the music came on. Wonderful light and soft orchestra Christmas music. Now Christmas was truly starting.

Erika leaned back into her seat and snuggled into herself. Like most people she had a mug in her hand and next to her was Hans with his own. The two just sat there for a while listening to the wonderful music, taking sips of hot chocolate and simple enjoying the company.

"Ah, Das ist wunderbar." Hans said. Erika looked at him and responded.

"Es ist so, ich habe mich seit lanfer zeit nicht mehr so glucklich gefuhlt." She said. Hans looked at her inquisitively.

"Because of this wargame?" Hans asked wondering what she meant. Erika nodded.

"Partly. My family isn't very festive anymore. not since my grandfather died. he was the most festive one of us all. Now we just get together for a big dinner and then go our separate ways. But this, right here and now. This is what I have always wanted to bring back. lively music, friends and family having fun, and even hot chocolate." Erika said.

"My father moved to America when he was around our age. When he first saw what Christmas was like there he was ecstatic. He never saw any of the things we do in America over in Germany. Its actually how he met my mother. Going to a big Christmas party with one of his pals. I remember my great aunts large house, all our cousins come in for the holiday, big Christmas feast, lots of games, movies, stories to tell. It was amazing." Hans reminisced.

"What kind of movies? Any in particular?" Erika asked. Hans smiled and nodded.

"Our favorite was one called Milo and Otis. A story of a cat and a dog who were great friends. While I don't remember if it was a Christmas movie or not, it was still and really fun movie." Hans explained.

"Sounds wonderful." Erika said. Hans nodded again then looked over to her.

"When this whole game is over we'll have a movie night, and I'll show it to you. How's that sound?" Hans asked. Erika glanced over at him, a ting of pink on her cheeks.

"Like a date?" She asked shyly. Hans grinned a sly grin.

"Sure, like a date." He said. Erika smiled softly and nodded.

"Ok then. It's a date." She and Hans went back to silently listening to the music and sipping hot chocolate, but not before intertwining their pinkies together.

Sitting on a couch in the common room of the barracks Naomi sat on Rivers lap as the two just leaned into each other. The music provided by the two Vice Commanders relaxed them ever more so. Outside on of the windows the two had a view of Terrance, Ark, Hina, and Fuka all working on a snowman. Ever since the four had to work together they had become closer then most. Not in any romantic way, but a way that could be closely resembled as siblings, or cousins even.

"I honestly didn't think that things would slow down this much." Rivers said.

"Did you want to get into another fight? Just know that I wont let you. You've been hurt to much already." Naomi replied.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have such a reprieve. Its just, with all that's happened its hard to believe that our teams are finally getting along." Rivers clarified. Yes the old open hostility between Saunders and Montana came to an end once the two schools learned of the team up between the four students. It had done wonders for the unity and cohesion of the teams.

"Good. I am not excited to see you going on another large crusade against Akari. You've suffered almost as much as Austin has." Naomi said. Rivers shook his head.

"No he's suffered more than me. Attacked by a bear twice, whipped, fallen down a mountain, please. He's lucky to be alive at this rate." Rivers said. Naomi nodded. Silence graced the two for a while. They simply laid against each other and listened to the music before Naomi spoke again.

"What was Christmas like for you? Before all this and before me?" She asked.

"Well, my family isn't large. Just my parents and uncle. We had Christmas dinner and that's about it. But at school, on the last day before winter break the whole school rose in preparation for a wonderous party. Games, food, music, and friends. Its all anyone could ask for." Rivers said. "What about you?"

"My parents, grandparents, sister and uncle. We'd plan a big party to. Course my sister got most of the excitement out of it. Its always an anticipation for her. believe me when I say I think our families would get along well." Naomi said. Rivers smirked.

"I think so to." He said. Rivers leaned down and grabbed Naomi's lips with his own. The two just sat lips embraced as they continued enjoying the peace.

Maho, Miho, Edward and Johnathon had finished working on the necessary preparations for the coming campaign. Since Akari's failed attempt to capture Glendale the whole High School population gathered at Hoja City to go on the offensive for the last time. Akari had no more manpower to spare. She was being cornered. The Association from the north and the Joint High Schools from the south. It was time to end this war.

"Alright. That should do it. All the logistics are ready to go." Miho said. She gathered her papers and put them into a briefcase ready to move them.

"I got everything done to." Johnathon said. Since any and all problems he had with the girls was cleared up he had been a big help with the planning of the offensive. Plus it was nice to have his team around to aid in both the fighting and the company. The Edison boys were good conversation.

"Glad to hear it. You two can go get some rest if you want. I'm sure the others would love for you two to join them." Edward said. The two smiled and nodded.

"Thanks Ed, don't work to late. Christmas is tomorrow and everyone is going to want you to be at the celebration." Miho said.

"I'll be there." Edward said. The two commanders left he command room leaving Edward and Maho together. They spent some more time finishing up their own works and packed up. It was nice to spend some quite time to get work done but Edward also wanted to spend it differently. He silently looked over at Maho and walked over to her. when she had her back to him Edward wrapped his arms around her and gave her a tight squeeze, holding her in his embrace.

"Edward! Don't startle me like that." Maho said. Edward just leaned into her and kissed her neck.

"Sorry Maho, but I'm letting you go for a while." Edward said as he trailed his kisses around her neck. Maho blushed at the actions and smiled. Edward was so soft and loving. She turned around and returned the embrace and kiss. The two stood like that for several minutes as If the entire city had gone silent.

"I love you Maho." Edward said as they parted from their kiss. She looked at him with just as much love in her eyes as he had In his.

"I love you to Edward." The two kissed again feeling as if Christmas day was hear already.

Austin and Nonna were walking around the snowy yard, arms wrapped around each other, enjoying the embrace of each other.

Nikoli and Klara sat beside a fire enjoying hot chocolate.

Mark and Kay were playing a card game while Yukari and William watched.

Hans and Erika still sat in the speaker booth content with the music and each other.

Hana and Christian were embracing in one of the hallways kissing and just enjoying being close to one another.

Peter, Rosehip, Rukuriri, and Andrew were talking about Christmas stories, minus Rukuriri and Andrew's fanatic love speech.

Chubbs, and Saori were cooking in the kitchen, backing sweets, and trying to keep Mako from eating to many of them.

Darjeeling, Davis, Alisa, Donovan, and Assam met up with Timothy and Pekoe for talks and hot chocolate.

Rivers and Naomi stayed where they were seated wrapped up in each other's embrace.

Miho and Johnathon were taking their own walk, talking about Christmas in each country and what celebrations were had.

Katyusha had fallen asleep hours ago, as it was late in the night.

Most of the rest of the high schoolers were either conversating or just enjoying the music.

Edward and Maho stay seated in the command room heads leaning on each other and hands intertwined. The love they had, not just for themselves, but for all of their friends was insurmountable. In some ways they were happy for this wargame. For if not, they wouldn't have ever met. And that's not an outcome that was preferred.

Ami Chono sat in her home, on the couch wrapped in a blanket, cup of coffee in one hand, and a picture of her late husband in the other. Her sad smile was tolerable for she knew that he was still with her in her heart.

Shiho stood looking outside her rooms window. Her house felt so empty. She didn't know why but she felt so alone. Her daughters off on some island in the pacific, her parents far away, and her ex-husband who knows where. Shiho might never say it, but she felt as if she was in the wrong by trying to get American Tankery dismantled. This whole kerfuffle came with staunch realizations. Realizations she needed to see to.

Her thoughts were interrupted when her door bell rang. She raised an eyebrow and walked to the door. She wasn't expecting anyone. It could be Chairman Kodama, or Ami Chono, but that most likely wasn't the case. Opening her door Shiho was shocked and frozen still. The cold had nothing to do with it. It was who she was looking at.

The mess of black hair and brown eyes. His calm and caring look. And the aura he let out whenever she was around him.

"T-Tsuneo?" Shiho asked unsure if she was seeing him or not. Tsuneo just smiled.

"Merry Christmas Shiho." He opened his arms to show he was indeed standing before her. "I heard that you've been stressful lately, I hope I'm not disturbing you." He said.

"N-no you're not. I'm just surprised. I hadn't expected you to show up this year. The girls are away on the island." Shiho said. Tsuneo would show up for the girls birthdays and for holidays. It wasn't that Shiho didn't want him there, but he would always come for them.

"I know there not here; I came for you." He said. Shiho was stunned. Why come for her, especially after how she treated him.

"Why? Why come for me?" She asked. Tsuneo smiled.

"I don't care about why we separated. No matter what happens you're still the Shiho I fell In love with. No matter what your family thinks of me I will never stop loving you. Even if you've moved on I will still feel the same." Tsuneo said. Shiho didn't believe him. All she did was shake her head and start to cry.

"Even after all I did?" She asked.

"Even after all you did." Tsuneo said. Shiho practically jumped forward and embraced her ex-husband. He in turn held her, firmly yet softly, letting her cry into his shoulder. "Come. Lets get inside. I brought your favorite. Vanilla Pretzels."

Shiho laughed. He always knew how to bring out the best in her. Why did she ever leave him? The two spent the night talking and snacking on Vanilla covered Pretzels. Despite all that's happened, maybe this Christmas wouldn't be so bad after all.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from your friends the Author, and the Boys and Girls of Tankery's End. See you in next year. :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.5K 452 10
Two pokemon end up to be lovers, even when they sometimes cant get along. read to find out more!
1.6M 90.4K 86
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
3M 178K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
2.7K 75 21
It's been years since Ash met Mewtwo and now they are enjoying the joys of family life and raising their kids. Many conflicts arise, from marriage to...