Apex Predator

By Darkpetal16

In which Konoha's beloved jinchūriki finds herself in an odd new world with only Kurama by her side. He insis... More

Apex Predator
Margay I
Margay II
Margay III
Margay IV
Margay V
Margay VI
Margay VII
Margay VIII
Saw-Scaled Viper I
Saw-Scaled Viper II
Lioness I
Lioness II
Lioness III
Lioness IV
Lioness V
Wolf-Spider I
Wolf-Spider II
Wolf-Spider III
Wolf-Spider IV
Wolf-Spider V
Hyena I
Hyena II
Hyena III
Hyena IV
Hyena V
Lammergeier I
Lammergeier II
Lammergeier III
Lammergeier IV
Lammergeier V
Lammergeier VI
Lammergeier VII
Lammergeier VIII
Lammergeier IX
Lammergeier X
Fox I
Fox II
Fox III
Fox IV
Fox V

Wolf-Spider VI

6.1K 387 314
By Darkpetal16

Beta: TaintedLetter

(≧ڡ≦*)

"One more time."

Miwa launched another bijū bomb into the air. Its explosion was so massive that it shook the ground where Gon, Killua, and Miwa laid. The force was powerful enough that Gon and Killua could only lay back in the grass and watch it from above.

"Can you make it a different color?" asked Gon.'

"Do it again," said Killua.

"I dunno about changing its color," said Miwa. "Lemme ask Kurama."

No.

"He said no."

"And Kurama is a demon that is in your soul or whatever?"

"Something like that."

"Through the power of fuinjutsu?" Gon wanted to clarify.

"Yeah."

"So fuinjutsu can seal demons inside you that you can befriend and they give you crazy powers?"

"Yeah."

"I'm so happy I'm learning that," said Killua while Gon pouted.

"Why does it have to be so hard to learn?" complained Gon. "Ugh. Why can't it just be punching something really good? I can punch. I'm the best at punching."

Killua turned his head to look at Miwa. "Can Kurama come out?"

Under circumstances.

"Sometimes," said Miwa. "He doesn't like humans a whole lot."

"Aww. We can be friends Kurama!" Gon said cheerfully.

"Humans tend to want to destroy creatures stronger than them," Miwa said, reciting what Kurama was telling her.

"We won't be like that," promised Gon.

Oh sure. That's what they all say. Humans preach they'll be accepting but as soon as a new creature appears that's stronger than them they freak out and immediately move to destroy, detain, or conquer it. They will never coexist with their own predators.

Gon and Killua aren't like other humans.

Feh. Can they swear that? Can they coexist with their predator?

"He asked, can you swear that?"

"Sure," said Gon. "Right Killua?"

"I won't kill you if you won't kill me," said Killua.

"Then," said Miwa slowly, "we think we can pull you into a shared genjutsu. Later though because Kurama still doesn't want to talk to either of you."

"What a stinker."

"I know, he's a bit of a tsundere."

Shut the fuck up, I am not.

Killua snorted. "A demon tsundere?"

"Yeah. Super tsun."

Gon sat up to readjust his position so he could rest his head on Miwa's stomach. Miwa looked down at him and he said, "The grass was getting uncomfortable."

"Understandable," she agreed.

Killua stared at the two for a moment then shrugged and used Gon's belly as his own pillow. He pulled Miwa onto his own stomach so the three children made a triangle of shared pillow-hood.

"Seriously can you do another one?" asked Gon.

"Sure."

(≧ڡ≦*)

The following day was one spent in relaxation. Gon and Killua were still determined to try and make up the money to purchase Greed Island, so they set out early in the morning with Leorio to do that. Miwa was unbothered, she had complete faith in her thieving abilities, so she decided to spend the day relaxing in the hotel.

She ordered room service, used some fancy stay-in conditioner on her hair that Gon got her, and in general had a bit of a pamper day. There was something called a "salon" near the hotel that she overheard other ladies talk about that she decided to try out. The ladies said it made their hair super soft afterward and Miwa was always down for soft things.

In the afternoon she headed out to the salon, a spring in her step. She was surprised to find Kurapika in the hotel lobby. He must have been on his way to visit her.

"Miwa," said Kurapika, his voice soft. Miwa was happy to see there was an underlying warmth to his core, and the once fragile glacier no longer had so many cracks. She smiled, a part of her hopeful that maybe he would be different.

Maybe Kurapika wouldn't be Sasuke.

She turned to face him fully, giving him her undivided attention.

"I—I wanted to confirm with you. I'm going to investigate thoroughly," he said. "I'm going to get the names, places, everything. When the time comes, can I call on you?

Miwa pulled out one of her hiraishin tags that she kept in her pockets. "All you need to do is damage this. I'll come to you immediately."

"Thank you," he said, accepting it with a small smile. "We're—we're really going to do this, aren't we?"

"Yeah. We really are."

"Destroy the flesh market."

"Someone like you should be a protector, not an avenger," she murmured.

"Maybe," Kurapika allowed. "Miwa..."

"Mn?"

He placed a hand atop her head, patting her. "Thank you."

Miwa smiled brightly up at him. "You're welcome."

(≧ڡ≦*)

The salon was neat, if a bit smelly. It was a good way to eat up time until dinner. After dinner—Miwa ordered food all by herself, which she felt very proud about—she had to head back to the hotel to change into her thief outfit. She was delighted to find Gon and Killua were already back.

The three chatted for a couple of hours, getting side-tracked by different conversations.

Then the clock chimed at seven.

It was time! Time to steal the Greed Island games. Miwa donned up her costume, excitement bursting inside her. She hugged Killua and Gon goodbye then headed off.

Unfortunately by the time she got to the auction house everything was already stolen.

'NOOOOOO!'

Hahahahahahahaha. They beat you.

'NOOOOOO! I ACTUALLY LOST!'

Hahahahahahaha.

In a hurry, Miwa teleported to the Phantom Troupe hideout. Her eyes were wide with shock as she looked around the warehouse to see the members. Not many of them reacted to her presence. The few that did offered her courtesy nods. She was a touch disheartened to see that Feitan literally speed-walked out of the room.

What a pity.

Nobonunara cheerfully waved at her. "Miwa! Had a feeling you'd show up."

"The games," she blurted out, rapidly looking around the room.

"Don't worry," came the gentle voice of Chrollo. Miwa's eyes flickered up to where the leader sat atop rubble. "I have two copies here for you."

"Two—" Miwa blinked in surprise. "Oh, right."

She supposed she wouldn't be needing the third one. Miwa shifted anxiously, her brow slightly furrowed. She had forgotten to broach the subject with Gon and Killua.

(Flashback)

Chrollo kept looking at her which made Miwa shift in her spot. "Um?"

"Do you have plans after the auction?" he asked her.

Miwa blinked in surprise. "Well, my friends and I are looking for Gon's dad. I guess they have to play and beat a video game."

"A video game?"

"Yeah. I'm not very good at them," mumbled Miwa as she thought about the time Killua showed her the arcade at Heaven's Arena. She was downright terrible at it. The flashing buttons and noise was overwhelming. She didn't like fighting things that didn't have a smell, or even heartbeat.

Killua said the game would probably take them a long time to beat. Miwa knew she wouldn't be of any help, so she'd likely just be sitting around.

Which sounded crazy boring.

She—she had hoped to talk to them about her visiting another city while they beat the game. She'd come right back to them when they were done with it, of course, but she'd rather not sit on her butt and stare at a screen all day every day for weeks. It screamed against her predator instincts to be still for so long. She liked to move. To feel the world around her.

To find more fluff.

She had to admit she was intrigued about Meteor City ever since she read about it at Gon's home. A city for the unwanted and trash.

She knew a thing or two about being unwanted.

She wondered, if perhaps—perhaps—when she died—

"I dunno what I'll be doing while they play," she confessed to Chrollo.

"Would you like to accompany me to Meteor City?" he asked her.

"Huh?" Miwa's eyes widened.

'Can he read minds?'

Doubtful.

"I—I—" Miwa stammered for a response, genuinely caught off guard by his question. She had been pondering it, but she hated the idea of leaving Gon and Killua. She had rapidly grown attached to them over the nearly year-long adventure they had been on. She would deeply miss not being able to sleep and wake up next to them.

Why not go? Those brats are your friends which means some distance and time apart won't hurt. It'd only be while they're playing that stupid game.

'You—You don't think they'd be upset?'

Only one way to find out. Don't hold back on account of others. Do what you want. You've more than earned that right.

"I'd like that," whispered Miwa.

Chrollo did not smile, but she thought his nen did.

(End Flashback)

Miwa carefully accepted the Greed Island copies Chrollo held out to her. She said, "Who else will travel with us?"

"No one else for now," he murmured quietly to her.

"And your friends are okay with that?" Miwa said, glancing around. While none had voiced their disdain for the idea, she had noticed that a fair few had given her a suspicious look when Chrollo asked her in the first place.

"They won't go against it," he said. "Take care, Miwa. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Mn... See you tomorrow."

(≧ڡ≦*)

Miwa returned to the hotel room, holding up the two copies of the game. Killua and Gon grabbed each one, both grinning at her.

"Nice!" Killua praised.

Miwa shook her head, frowning. "No. The troupe beat me to it. They gave me these copies."

"Oh. You'll beat 'em next time," consoled Gon as he patted her shoulder. "We'll help."

Miwa didn't respond right away. Gon and Killua were examining the game copies. Killua had flipped on extra lights in the hotel room as they studied the cases the games had come in.

"Pretty good condition," observed Killua, tilting it at different angles under the light.

Gon nodded, "Looks brand new. Think it is?"

Killua shrugged. "It didn't advertise it one way or the other. We'll need to find a place to play it next."

"We can—"

"I—I want to go to Meteor City," she blurted out, unable to hold it in any longer.

Killua and Gon looked up at her.

Killua was the first to respond, "Sure."

Gon said, "Okay."

Miwa's eyes widened, her heart skipping a beat. "Y-You're not upset?"

"I mean, we kinda figured you wouldn't wanna play a video game the whole time," said Killua with an easy smile. "I'm relieved you told us what you wanted to do, Gon was starting to freak out."

"I was not," said Gon blandly. "You were freaking out, worried she'd be too bored."

Killua's cheeks turned red. "You're the one that said something first!"

"I only said it because you were thinking it!"

"Idiot, how could you know what I'm thinking?"

"Because you're so obvious." Gon stuck out his tongue. "You're the idiot, dummy."

Miwa giggled when Killua threw a pillow at Gon. She said, "Thanks."

Gon ducked under the pillow. He grinned brightly at her. "'Course. We're friends. When we beat the game we'll call you."

"Please," said Killua firmly, "please double check your texts before you send them.

"Ea—"

"Do not finish that," Killua hissed. Gon and Miwa wisley did not finish. He sighed. He set the case down onto the bed, his pale eyes matching Miwa's gaze. "It's okay to spend some time apart. We're not going to stop being friends—"

"Fiance's," coughed Gon.

Killua pulled Gon into a headlock as he continued, "We're not going to stop being friends. We'll always be friends."

"Always?" asked Miwa, a small quiver in her voice.

"Always and always," he promised her with a smile.

"Can't—breathe—" whimpered Gon in Killua's headlock.

(≧ڡ≦*)

I think I'll do some scenes from Greed Island with these versions of Killua/Gon, but not certain. Not a huge fan of the arc which is why I'm skipping it in favor of doing some world building at Meteor City because why the fuck not.

Answer: No one because I am lazy, but if I had to be I'd pick Naruto. All around good guy, and coulda used someone taking care of him growing up.

Question: Favorite warm & cold beverage?

Reviews are love

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 5.4K 89
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

130K 3K 45
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
985K 37.2K 88
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
1M 34.1K 61
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...