Winning Over Slytherin | Drac...

By les_rena03

It's finally time for Malorie Granger, Hermione's sister, to go to Hogwarts with her. However, the sorting h... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Dumbledore
Chapter 3: Home
Chapter 4: Chocolate Frogs
Chapter 5: 15th Birthday
Chapter 6: Mockingbird
Chapter 7: Christmas Special
Chapter 8: Sirius Black
Chapter 9: First Day of Fourth Year
Chapter 10: Amortentia
Chapter 11: First
Chapter 12: The Morning After
Chapter 13: Yule Ball
Chapter 14: Her History
Chapter 14.5: Elliot Delevine
Chapter 15: Arguments
Chapter 16: Shock
Chapter 17: Unwelcome Visitor
Chapter 18: Second Task
Chapter 19: I am Sorry
Chapter 20: Forgiven
Chapter 21: The Maze
Chapter 22: Final Day of Fourth Year
Chapter 23: Recuperate
Chapter 24: Letters
Chapter 25: Reply
Chapter 26: Mistake
Chapter 27: Fifth Year Day 1
Chapter 28: Umbitch
Chapter 29: Wuthering Heights
Chapter 30: Distrust
Chapter 31: The DA
Chapter 32: Jealousy
Chapter 33: Studying
Chapter 34: Meet the Parents
Chapter 35: Immobulus
Chapter 36: The Prophecy
Chapter 37: Damien
Chapter 38: Mione v.s Draco
Chapter 39: The End of 5th Year
Chapter 40: Bonnie
Chapter 41: The Burrow
Chapter 42: The Empty Compartment
Chapter 43: Chosen
Chapter 44: Nightmares
Chapter 45: Thanksgiving
Chapter 46: The Slug Club
Chapter 47: The Slug Club Part 2
Chapter 48: Death Eater
Chapter 49: Luna's Fire
Chapter 50: Beautiful Chaos
Chapter 51: Death Eaters
Chapter 52: Loss.
Chapter 53: Loving & Letting Go
Chapter 54: Home... for Now
Chapter 55: July 10
Chapter 56: July 21
Chapter 57: A House isn't a Home
Chapter 58: The Beginning Of the End
Chapter 59: Together.
Chapter 60: The Wedding
Chapter 61: The Last First Day
Chapter 62: Miles Apart
Chapter 63: Not-So-Happy Thanksgiving
Chapter 64: Christmas Wreck
Chapter 65: Officially Christmas
Chapter 66: Pansy Parkinson
Chapter 67: Draco's Letter
Chapter 68: Forgive Me
Chapter 69: All Is Fair In Love & War
Chapter 70: Amends
Chapter 71: Meetings
Chapter 72: Promises Unbroken
Chapter 73: Duel
Chapter 74: War
Chapter 75: In Between
Chapter 76: War Pt. 2
Chapter 78: The End
Sneak Peak of "Complicated"
Author's Note
UPDATE
✨Cast List✨

Chapter 77: Life

1.2K 40 52
By les_rena03

swipe to listen —>

L I F E

———

Mal's POV

*2 months later, July 1998*

We had to go home that same night because of the reconstruction at Hogwarts. Turns out, fighting a war destroys a lot of ancient architecture. But I wasn't complaining, Hogwarts was long overdue for a more modern renovation. Mione and I were able to find our parents, who thankfully were safe, and restore their memories. Draco temporarily moved in with us a week after the war, his father and him haven't spoken. Lucius is still furious at Draco for not siding with them during the war. Narcissa however, has been kinder, she was the one who lied to Voldemort about Harry's life, after all. She apologized to my sister and I, as well as to Draco for the damage she and her husband have caused us. I understand her, she was only ever trying to protect Draco, and I could never stay mad at her for that. His father will come around. One day.

Draco hasn't called the Weasley's "the Weasel's" since he found out about Fred's passing.

I laid down next to Draco in my room, sobbing loudly, unable to get any words out. He didn't ask me any questions, he simply held me until my sobs turned into soft cries.

"What happened, baby? What happened during the war?"

"Too much. Way too much."

"Talk to me."

"Fred... he umm..." I twirled the promise ring Fred had given me around my pinky. "Fred died. For me." I heard Draco suck in a breath and when he let it out to ask me another question, his voice cracked.

"How?"

"Elliot." His grip around my waist tightened accidentally and I winced. He immediately apologized but I understood, the mere mention of Elliot infuriated me too. "Elliot and I were fighting. He was calling me a traitor, and a murderer, and I continuously denied it. He got mad, and tried to use the killing curse on me. But apparently Fred had been following me, he didn't want me to be alone, a-and he stepped in front of me. He stepped in front of me and the curse h-hit him instead of me." I was sobbing again and felt Draco's shoulders move as well and his breathing felt shaggy. He's crying. He held onto me tightly, stroking my hair as I sobbed. "I'll never get to see him again, Draco. I'll never get to laugh with him, or sing with him, or tease him, or have him call me 'Pancakes' ever again." I'll never get to reach on my tiptoes and have him pick me up to hug me, I'll never get to connect our rings again, I'll never have him sleep next to me and tickle me awake ever again. I never got to tell him that Draco had proposed to me. He would've been so happy for me.

What am I going to do without you? This isn't fair.

You were so young. This is not fair.

As Draco and I cried together, I knew he somehow felt guilty for it, and despite me reassuring him that it isn't his fault, I saw the guilt in his face.

The day of his funeral, when everyone left, Draco stayed behind. He doesn't know it, but George and I hid behind a tree and watched as he kneeled in front of Fred's grave, crying and apologizing for all his years of bullying. And he thanked him. He thanked him for being there for me. Molly found him there, she pulled him up and hugged him tightly, rubbing his back as he cried in her arms and apologized to her. He was now welcome at the Burrow anytime.

Two weeks later, Draco decided to surprise me with a two week trip to New York City during the summer, he thought we needed the break, a little bit of normalcy, though New York is far from normal. We spent those weeks not only hitting all the tourist spots, but he got us into a fancy hotel room with an amazing view of Manhattan skyscrapers, all of which were clearly expensive. But I couldn't complain, it was certainly beautiful. That bed must've been the softest bed I ever slept on, the wall was just replaced by a huge glass window, that of which allowed us to see all of Manhattan's beauty. Especially at night. I was concerned that people could see us from there, but Draco, being Draco, loved that, so he pouted when I took a closer look at the glass and realized that only we could see through it, not the other way around. And the shower... that shower was incredible.

I tiptoed to kiss him as the warm water fell on us and giggled when I stumbled and Draco caught me.

"You've always been clumsy." He teased as he turned me around and started scrubbing soap on my back.

"I have not!" I pouted at him.

"Remember the first day we met? You dropped your suitcase on the train." I smiled at the memory, well, more so at the fact that he remembers.

"Yes because you pushed me." I defended myself.

"Details. Details." He brushed me off and I rolled my eyes at him. I turned him around and took some of my conditioner into my hand, massaging it onto his hair, and I didn't fail to notice how much pleasure he felt at the gesture. He smiled and closed his eyes as I massaged his hair, he didn't mind having to kneel down so I could actually reach him.

"There." I placed a kiss on his forehead when I was done and he opened his eyes, smiling at me and giving me a deep kiss on my lips. One that I particularly enjoyed since this time I was above him.

He got up and grabbed some of my conditioner, massaging it into my hair now, and it felt wonderful. I smiled at the soothing feeling. I closed my eyes and before I could realize it, he had moved all my hair into the shape of a mohawk, laughing loudly. I glared at him and did the same to him. He didn't laugh quite as much at this. However, he suddenly smiled and I looked at him questioningly.

"Now I smell just like you." He said simply, smiling big. I giggled and tiptoed to kiss him again. I can't help it, he's just too cute.

I often had to beg him to get out of bed so we could go explore the city. Turns out, Manhattan is way too expensive.

"You've got to be kidding me." I said as I put the menu down.

"What is it?" Draco asked, picking it back up.

"They want me to pay $25 for two bloody pieces of french toast?! That's mental."

"Baby, it's fine. Money isn't an issue for us."

"Nonsense. I'm sure there are other places with food just as good, if not better, and for much cheaper. Come on." He groaned as I pulled him along with me.

That's when we found Brooklyn... and the best french I have ever tasted. And the pizzas... were bloody amazing. One time, we were ordering at a restaurant and we had to move to another one because Draco was seconds from turning the waiter into a teaspoon, apparently the waiter had been paying too much attention to me... Draco wouldn't listen when I insisted he was simply trying to listen to my order. And New Yorkers were not half as rude as everyone claims they are, except when in a crowded place, they are always in such a hurry. All in all, the summer was pretty magnificent.

Mione and Ron are finally together, I know because their Muffliato spell sucks. I knew that Hermione must be loving it, since she didn't pay much attention to make sure the spell was strong enough to save me and Draco from the trauma of listening to them.

Mione and I decided that when Hogwarts is reconstructed in a couple months we'll return to finish our seventh year. I mean it's Hermione, could you expect any different? She basically forced me to, even though she didn't need to, I needed to spend the year I lost with my sister, even if it was in classes. And Ginny was particularly ecstatic that she would finally be in the same year as us. Apparently Harry and Ron wouldn't be joining us, of course I didn't expect them to, despite much of Mione's scolding, they still refused, claiming it doesn't feel right to go back there. Slackers is what they are. Of course, Draco isn't going back either. Despite me doing everything I could think of to convince him, and I do mean everything, he still refused and did so with an attitude. Lazy jerk.

Draco and I are honestly better than we have been in a really long time. We still have our moments, but neither one of us gets nightmares anymore. And get this— he actually listened to me and is going to therapy for his temper. Nothing in my parent's house has been broken and there has been no yelling or throwing insults at each other. We have a little bin near our bed, full of soft, small plushies and tennis balls, which he uses when he's mad. He simply throws them at the wall until his anger calms down. I tried it, it truly works. We're almost like a normal, healthy couple. Almost. I doubt we'll ever be normal.

July 2002

Mione passed her N.E.W.T.s with a perfect score, of course. I didn't do too bad either, I was second to Hermione and got into an amazing healer school, and I ended up graduating two years early, being the first in my class and apparently a healer "prodigy". It was the first time ever I wasn't second to Hermione, and it felt pretty good honestly.

Hermione is the head in her department in the Ministry of Magic, she is the boss of everything and everyone, something she has grown way too accustomed to and loves to brag about to me. Which I respond to by demonstrating how I'm one of the best healers in the wizarding world and I help children get to safe foster homes. She couldn't really compete with the second part. Finally. It isn't really a competition, except it is. But it is fun. Draco also works in the Ministry, he was able to work his way up and is now in the position directly below Hermione, something she never fails to remind him of the "below her" part.

News had come out that Lucius Malfoy had paid the Carrows a lot of money to physically torment me, and when they saw that didn't work they made a plan to torment my friends a lot more, knowing that my loved ones were my soft spot. Narcissa also discovered that Lucius had been cheating on her, with Pansy Parkinson's bloody mother. For two years! Draco had gone over to the Manor and tried to beat him senseless, however Narcissa interrupted. Instead, she ended up kicking him out of the house, which he only complied to when she threatened him with Azkaban for adultery and bribery. When he started to try to intimidate her, Draco and I didn't fail to remind him that my sister was the head of the Ministry of Magic, and Draco was second in command, neither one would hesitate to lock him up forever. How does it feel to be completely powerless against a muggle born? I hope it feels humiliating to you. The very kind you hate, ended up being so much better than you. I always knew it would be so. With that, he left Malfoy Manor. Word on the street is he's always at Pubs, going from one to another until they kick them out. Too fucking bad, bitch.

Narcissa moved out of Malfoy Manor, she told us she had always hated its size and dark aura to it, claiming it housed too many bad memories. Despite inheriting Malfoy Manor, Draco refused to go back there, instead he sold it and made a considerable amount of money, which we used to build our new home.

My mark is almost completely gone, it's faded to look like a large birthmark. Draco actually convinced me to get something tattooed over it, but I made the condition that he had to get one too. He got a black snake on his left forearm and I got a red one, when I made the argument that the death eater mark had a snake too, he argued that this didn't share the same implications.

Mione and him have finally started to tolerate each other, the other day, they even teased each other: Draco about her know-it-all-ness and Hermione about his "stone cold" reputation that deteriorated as soon as he met me. Something told me they would eventually become pretty good friends. With the bi-weekly dinners and working together, how could they not become friends?

He and I got married. Never thought I would say that.

"Are you sure? We can always back out. I'll drive the getaway car honey. Just say the words." My dad whispered to me as we awaited the cue to enter the big wedding tent. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"I know you don't like him dad. But what happened was a long time ago. We love each other. And ever since then we've never lied or concealed the truth. Please don't let me walk into my wedding without my fathers approval." I pleaded to him.

"Are you happy? Are you in love with him?" My dad asked me seriously, cupping my face in his hands.

"I am." I responded firmly. He nodded and kissed my forehead.

"Then I'm happy too. Just remember, if he ever does anything... I'm a dentist. I have a drill. It might be used on teeth but I bet it would be just as painful on skin." He teased and I rolled my eyes again. I heard the music start to play and started to panic, brushing my hands over my dress.

"Do I look okay?" I asked him, nervousness creating a pit in my stomach.

"Honey, you look absolutely beautiful." He reassured me. I had on an off-white, lacy, wedding dress with prints of lace white flowers all over it. It had a deep v-neck cut and fit me tight above my waist, and it flowed down after, it even had a small train. I left my comfort aside and decided to wear heels, but only for today. My hair was long and back in its natural color: brown with a red tint to it. I had curled it loosely and had my curtain bangs frame my face. I had on the locket Mione gave me when we were 16, perfectly polished and in beautiful condition. Yes. I look okay. Beautiful, even.

My dad showed me his arm so I could link my hand through for him to walk me down the aisle. If that could even be called an aisle, we were having our wedding in a forest, it's natural green fitting perfectly well for the pride we both had of being Slytherins.

The music began playing and the tent opened automatically, I felt everyone's eyes on me as the tent revealed my father and me, and I instantly felt nervous again.

"Dad, please don't let me fall." I begged him quietly before we took a step.

"I would never, honey." He whispered back at me and started walking.

Everything was beautifully decorated. We wanted a medium sized wedding, not too small, but definitely not big. Instead of regular chairs, we had made wooden benches decorated with leaves and flowers. The first row of benches were empty, with a name card on each section: Fred Weasley, Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks, Cedric Diggory, Sirius Black, Albus Dumbledore, there was even a name card for my birth mother, Katerina Delevine. Besides those name cards, there were two objects. One, was a sock, with the name card "Dobby" written above it. The other, was an empty owl cage, with the name card "Damien" written above it. There were arrangements of white flowers hanging off of tree branches. There was even a number of crystals under each of the benches, to purify the aura. There was a wooden archway where Draco and I would stand. And I owe it all to Luna Lovegood. I love that woman.

But my admiration only lasted a second. Because as soon as I walked in, I didn't pay attention to anything. Nothing other than my fiancée, Draco Malfoy, standing under the archway, waiting for me. He is gorgeous. He had surprised me and had on a white suit instead of all black, and I have to say, I was mesmerized. When I looked in his eyes, I realized he had started crying.

Draco Malfoy. Crying. Because he saw me. Wow.

I fought the urge to run over and wrap my arms around him, and simply walked with my dad down the painfully long aisle. I couldn't wait to officially be his wife.

We finally got to the archway and my father hugged me tightly. He whispered, "I am so proud of you." Into my ear, and I bit my lip not to cry as I hugged him back. He then turned to Draco and hugged him as well, whispering something in his ear, and from the look on his face after he pulled away, it had been a threat. I chuckled lightly and interlaced my fingers with Draco's, whose eyes couldn't stop looking at me. He was making me feel like I was the most beautiful person on this planet, and I was starting to believe it. Molly cleared her throat and we both turned to look at her, after all, she was the one who's marrying us.

I still can't believe she agreed.

She started speaking but I didn't listen much. I was too busy looking and smiling at Draco. And apparently, he was doing the same thing. I analyzed every feature of his face, admiring his beauty and the new aura of kindness surrounding him. I really have changed him. And this amazing man will be my husband in just a couple minutes.

Molly suddenly cleared her throat again and we both startled and turned to look at her.

"I'm sorry, can you please repeat that Mumsy?" I asked her. Everyone chuckled lightly and Molly nodded.

"Your vows, love. Who wants to go first?" She asked. Draco cleared his throat.

"May I?" He asked my approval and I nodded at him. "Well, Malorie Katerina Granger. I still remember the first day I met you. You had dropped your suitcase, and I am finally ready to admit that you're right: I did push you. But can you blame me? I was looking for a way to talk to this beautiful girl who I wished to have a chance with. Instead of pushing into a quiet, innocent girl however, I discovered a warrior. Someone I found out years later to be the strongest person I have ever met. Someone who I admire. I never thought, back at 11 years old, that you would ever give me a chance. I never was deserving of you. But you did. You gave me a chance, and you also gave me something I had never felt before: hope. You gave me hope that deep inside of me, there was a good person. Not the angry, overconfident facade I always played. No. You could always see right through that. And I love that about you. I love you so much and I am so in love with you that it hurts to breathe when I'm not around you. And I love everything about you: your smile, your confidence, your power, your stubbornness, how you aren't and we're never simply a Slytherin. Yes you are ambitious, yes you are obviously a natural born leader. But you're also kind, and intelligent, and brave. You took my hand and showed me that I can be all of that too. And I make this promise to you today Katerina: I will always love you until my last breath. Always, my love." I had tears in my eyes by now and I tiptoed to kiss him but Molly didn't allow me to.

"Not yet." She said, her voice breaking. She also found what Draco said to be beautiful. "You're turn, sweetheart." She instructed me.

Shit, how am I going to top that?

I laughed nervously but breathed and began.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy. I too remember the first day we met, and I am glad you finally admit it to yourself." Everyone chuckled lightly. I continued, "I will also be eternally grateful that Dumbledore called me into his office the first day at Hogwarts. Without him, there would've been no bond, and I would never have gone to pick you up that day before third year. However, I will not give him all the credit. Though I do believe the bond jump started our relationship I have no doubt in my mind that eventually you and I would have found our way to each other. Because you see, where everyone else saw a mean, overconfident jerk, I saw a misunderstood kid, who simply needed someone to be there for him, through the good and the bad. And I am so glad you allowed me to be that someone for you. I was so wrong 5 years ago, we don't bring out the worst  in each other, we bring out the best. You have shown me a new way to life, a way of adventure, and fun, and love. And I promise that I will always be there to guide you back to the light if you start slipping into darkness, that is, if you'll let me." As I ended my vows, I wiped the tears away from his face, which had started to fall freely.

We are so in love with each other. Please. Let it always be this way.

Even now, two years later I look at my engagement ring and admire the beautiful green emerald in the middle of it, with tiny diamonds surrounding it. It's beautiful. Our wedding bands have a small engraving on the inside of them: Always. I kept the promise ring on my right index finger, but I also kept Fred's promise ring on my left pinky. I will never take it off. I smiled as I recalled our wedding, how beautiful everything had been even though it was small.

We actually got to move to the depths of England, and no one except our most trusted friends know where we are. It's better this way. We built our house, and we even have the "Beauty and the Beast" library room Draco promised me, full of hundreds of our favorite books and so many books I can't wait to read. It's also near the beach, just like he said he wanted it.

That's where we are now, lying on the beach, I have a book in my hands, and Draco is mindlessly rubbing circles on my swollen stomach as I read to him.

Draco's POV

As I listened to her read and rubbed circles on her belly, I recalled the day she had told me. I had no idea she was late. She just came out of the bathroom one night with a pregnancy test in hand and tears in her eyes. I hugged her and knew, in that moment, that I would never fail her again. I would always protect her, and whatever family we create for ourselves.

"Draco?" She pulled me from my thoughts.

"Yeah baby?"

"I think I know what I want the name of our boy to be..."

Pictured below is Mal's engagement ring, wedding dress, and their wedding place (think Twilight).

aaaahhhhh i loved this chapter! it's so cute and really shows both of their character development over the years!! anyway, double update today loves, look out for it tonight, it's the last chapter!!! oh how far we've come.

also, i'll be writing a spin off if y'all want to read it, the first chapter will hopefully come out after I finish this book tonight or tomorrow. so look out for that if you want to read

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 659 36
Eleanor Granger, Hermione's half sister, is placed into the wrong house at Hogwarts. But is it really the wrong house for her? Or is she destined for...
5.5K 299 25
Lavender Brown was outraged when she saw that her fraternal twin sister Liberty had also been granted acceptance to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and...
1.7K 32 37
Emery Potter. That's my name. I'm gessing my brother Harry just popped into your head. Don't worry, It's what usually happens and I'm used to it. Whe...
4.7M 111K 26
"Goldie Dove? She's way, way to sweet for that bitter Malfoy. She's in Hufflepuff anyways." "Really? Well then you don't know her." FAST PACED STORY...