January Ember

By _Taehyungsshi_

" You're breaking apart for someone who's not even here anymore. Is that worth it Mia? Is not seeing how much... More

✨Prologue ✨
1. She's back
3. Reunion

2. Mia

7 3 0
By _Taehyungsshi_

Monday.

A new day of the week, a new day of yet another year of highschool. With seniors graduating and new faces being welcomed, my second year of highschool is about to start. Jimin is extra enthusiastic today, refilling his energy for the year that is awaiting us.

" I bet it's going to be a lot more fun now that we are seniors. "

" You say that only because you'll get more chicks to hit on. " I reply as I can see the school gate nearing. A chuckle is what I get in return for my honest remark.

" You never know. " he says, sliding his backpack from one shoulder to another. I don't ask if it has any hidden meaning, knowing Jimin he won't tell me easily too.

We walk through various groups of students and enter the premises of our hellhole, well at least it is for me. If it wasn't for the boy walking beside me, I wouldn't have survived the social abduction this place so shamelessly promotes.

I wouldn't mind being a bookworm but that wasn't the only life I wanted. Going out with friends and having fun like a normal high schooler would be something that anyone wants. My dad is pretty satisfied with my grades and often pushes me to ' open up ' and have fun with others. He says I shouldn't be wasting my youth only by learning formulas.

" You should loosen up a bit. Not all boys are blessed with good looks like you yet here you are rejecting every single girl who asked you out last year. If anything, you should have a girlfriend already. " Jimin rants knowing I would be the least interested in this subject.

" I'm not interested in dating any of them right now. " I say hoping he would drop the topic already. But much to my dismay he doesn't, instead he carries on with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

" Seems hard to believe. That Hannah girl was quite a catch. Unless you don't swing that way. "

" I'm very much straight Jimin. And I've had my share. "

He chuckles, instantly busying himself by roaming his eyes in every corner of the building. Maybe someone may catch his eye.
It was true, I was approached by a good number of girls, some were even seniors. The first year of highschool I spent maintaining my record of good grades with a few flings, but those were just one night things. Dating wasn't in my interest, nor did I find the right girl to be my first girlfriend.

A lot of familiar faces and a lot unfamiliar ones too are crowded by the locker hallway. As much as the start of another year excites me, I've never been a big fan of being a social butterfly. A cluster of voices surround me, suddenly a hot topic is being passed by student to student, their eyes fixed in distance to something, or should I say certain someone.

A trio of girls surrounded by some guys are probably the main focus of the crowd right now. The first girl with jet black hair is glued to one of my last year classmates, Jacob if I remember correctly. The second one rather isn't paying attention to anything in her surrounding, too busy scrolling through her phone while the third girl with blonde hair and a fair height is blabbering something to her. The second girl has a beautiful shade of auburn to her hair, I wonder why she put them up in a ponytail rather than letting them loose. She would look prettier that way.

I avert my gaze before she catches me staring and I invite unnecessary trouble to myself. A few whispers are heard from the people around me.

" Is that her? The one who was caught with a teacher at a motel last year? The blonde one? "

" Nah dude I heard she was drugged. Though I would say she's pretty hot. " Alex, whom I recognize from the basketball team says to his friend.

" Jacob got the black one or I would've tried. "

The school is famous for rumors being spread at a speed of light. Sometimes students had to transfer to another school because it was too much for them to survive such absurd and disgusting allegations. I am not surprised to hear some already starting to circle around, especially about girls.

I search for my usual group of friends, which to my vain are nowhere in sight. Probably they're already at the auditorium where the ceremony is going to take place. An hour of boring speeches and club leaders introducing their clubs. Just the thought of it is tiresome.

Jimin is approached by a girl with shorter height than him. She's too curvy for my liking and is shamelessly touching him publically, apparently he doesn't mind it. A glance in my direction is enough to know he's not going to attend the ceremony. After giving me a wink, which to my utter disgust is from the girl, they both disappear in the crowd.

A sudden thought of bunking the ceremony invades my mind, leaving me to think an appropriate place where no one would come find me. I think of the third floor of the building, yeah that would be a perfect place.

Hanging around with a couple of friends to buy myself some time, an announcement is heard through the speakers informing students to assemble in the auditorium. This is also my cue to leave as discreetly as possible, and hopefully unnoticed. Surviving the ceremony alone and bored to death isn't something I want as a start of the second year of school.

I make my way towards the staircase where all the bodies of other students are moving in an opposite direction of mine. The third floor is usually pretty empty even on normal working days. I figured I could hide in one of the abandoned ( used as storage room) classrooms, until the ceremony ends.

I reach the third floor when my eyes take in a minute detail which is actually pretty ridiculous to think about right now. The door of the rooftop is wide open, when it was always kept locked for ' safety ' purposes, quoted directly from the principal. Curiosity gets the best of me and I find myself moving towards the top. The door being open means either someone is on the rooftop or it was left open by someone from the school staff.

Taking slow steps I wonder if Jimin's here with his ' company ' , but he isn't careless to leave the door open. Needless to say I wish it isn't him, I don't want to be haunted by the memory of accidently walking on Jimin fucking some random girl for the rest of my life.

Not hearing any unwanted sounds, I proceed as I find myself on the rooftop for the first time. It's empty and spacial, except for some benches placed here and there. The railing is not very high and provides a fair amount of safety. From the right side I can see the playground of the school and from the left the canteen.

It feels really nice, the breeze is soft and calming. The sky is bright and clear, radiating a serene blue color all over. This place is so far the best one to go to calm oneself. Too bad it's always locked and is prohibited.

" First time on the rooftop? "

I don't want to admit I almost had my heart stop in my chest. The sudden voice pulls me out of the train of my thoughts, making me look for it's owner. And suddenly everything around me is a blur.

She's sitting on the extra story of the rooftop, with her legs swinging rhythmically. One of her hands is occupied holding a cigarette and the other casually settled to her side. Her slightly tilted head makes her ponytail to peek a glance behind her shoulder. Her hair are even more radiant in the sunlight, soft locks glowing while swaying with the wind. Her face is small, uninterested and devoid of any surprise of seeing me catching her smoking. Her lips are a perfect shade of rosy pink but parched which I would assume is because of the excess smoking. She parts her lips while letting the smoke out, silently waiting for me to acknowledge her previous question.

I wouldn't have hesitated to answer if it isn't for her eyes that captivate me instantly. They are the most unique set of eyes I've ever seen. Black with a greyish shade on the outer pupils, thick eyelashes complimenting their deepness. It seems like I'm staring at an endless galaxy, pulling me with an invisible force towards it.

She gets up from her spot and makes her way towards the ladder. Her frame is petite and she's slightly shorter than me. I wasn't able to determine the difference up until now but her complexion is much more paler compared to me. She makes her way past me after climbing down the ladder. Leaning on the railing she looks far away in the distance, not at all bothered by my presence. I can't take my eyes off her, hypnotized by her flawed beauty.

She's beautiful.

I make my way towards her, leaning beside her only to have our skin brush each other slightly. It's enough to ignite sparks of electricity through me, something I've never felt before. She doesn't look fazed by it, too lost in her thoughts to notice the shudder in my breath.

" Want a drag? " she extends her hand that holds her stick towards me, eyes still not on me. Her voice is like any other girl, but again nothing like the other girls. It's naturally smooth and seductive, making my mind wander off to forbidden places.

" I don't smoke. " I find my voice coming out an octave deeper than usual. Her being around me is causing me some things that I'm not familiar with. " And neither should you. " I manage to say.

A chuckles leaves her lips and suddenly I can't take my eyes off of them.

" I know. Addiction to the things that you know are harmful to you is human nature. I'm nothing different. "

" You can try and give it up. " I suggest and her amused eyes meet mine.

I'm awestruck. Her eyes are beautiful.

There's a calm in them like that of a night, they're as deep as the ocean. There's a fire in them which is burning my soul but this warmth is something I've never felt before.

" Tried. But it doesn't work. You can't just.... give it up can you? "

Her words make me think she isn't talking about her addiction anymore, rather there's a hidden meaning to her words. A riddle I so desperately want to solve.

This girl, whom I met not five minutes ago has seized me from thinking properly. This girl, who's name I don't even know is making me want to hold her, kiss her. This girl, whom I've never met before feels like she can extract any sort of secret from me and I won't even hesitate to share it. Let alone regret it. I don't know what this is. But it feels right.

She feels right.

" Enjoy your time here while you can, it's a really beautiful place at night too. " she says, leaning on the railing a bit more. I stiffen from her sudden dangerous action.

" You come here at night too? " I manage to ask all while trying not to panic over how dangerously tilted her small body is over the railing.

" For what's worth admiring, I think we should never miss an opportunity to do so. "

I look at her, staring mindlessly in the distance. She is so close to me yet she feels so far away. Her hair flows while dancing with the wind, her cheeks painted with a natural blush. Her eyes are two mesmerising onyx orbs in which I would happily drown myself. Her lifeless lips begging to be kissed back to life. 

" Yeah. "

She turns away completely, starting to walk in the direction of the door. A sudden wave of urgency takes over me and I twist my body completely in her direction.

" I'm Taehyung by the way. "

She stops and turns her half of the body around. I'm anticipating her reaction to my urgent tone of voice. And it's totally worth it when my eyes take in the most beautiful smile I've ever seen.

" Mia. "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.1K 1.6K 26
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
45.4K 2K 4
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"
124K 3.3K 35
"he got my heartbeat skipping down sixteenth avenue!" social media fic! charlie bushnell x reader started - 09/01/2024