the siphon | h. potter

By sagittary

"with great power comes great responsibility"... at least that's what those silly muggle comics said. being... More

THE SIPHON
~prologue~
PART ONE
~one~
~two~
~three~
~four~
~five~
~six~
~seven~
~nine~
~ten~
~eleven~
~twelve~
~thirteen~
~fourteen~
~fifteen~
~sixteen~
~seventeen~
~eighteen~
PART TWO
~nineteen~
~twenty~
~twenty one~
~twenty two~
~twenty three~
~twenty four~
~twenty five~
~twenty six~
~twenty seven~

~eight~

2.6K 104 19
By sagittary

harry

Tonight was the first DA meeting since Christmas and Harry was extremely nervous. He had managed to avoid Cho since their kiss before break, but tonight seeing her was inevitable. He didn't understand his change in feelings, for a over a year he has had a huge crush on Cho, but for the past few weeks he's had almost no interest in her at all. As he gave the situation further thought, his body began to shiver with nervousness. In an attempted to distract himself, Harry turned to Cass.

"Harry, where are you taking me?" Cass laughed as they neared the seventh floor corridor.

"It's a surprise," he smiled.

"Ugh I hate surprises, they unsettle my control issues."

"Don't worry, we're almost there," Harry assured. He lead Cass in front of the concealed entrance of the Room of Requirement. The hall was eerily quiet. Ron and Hermione had muttered some nonsense about a forgotten wand in the common room, leaving Harry and Cass alone. They were early for the meeting because Harry wanted to make sure he had time to show Cass around before everyone arrived. "And we're here," Harry stated and raised his hands.

"Harry, we're looking at a stone wall."

"It's not just any old wall, its the entrance to the Room of Requirement." Cass gave Harry a questioning look. She probably thought he was slightly mental. Harry ignored her look, instead he walked behind her and grabbed her small shoulders. "Now I want you to think 'show me Dumbledore's Army' while you pace in front of the wall." Harry was behind Cass so he couldn't see her face, but he was sure she wore the same questioning expression as before.

With his hand still on her shoulders, Harry began to push Cass forward and guided her as she paced in front of the wall. After a few seconds, the familiar steel door began to appear, but Harry couldn't take his eyes off of Cass. Her look of amazement, joy, and curiosity was captivating.

His gaze was broken when Cass stepped forward to walk through the door. Harry hurried to the door first and opened it for Cass. "Oh my god," she whispered when she looked inside for the first time. Harry smirked, he had the same reaction when he first saw the room.

"It's pretty cool isn't it?"

"Bloody awesome," she exclaimed.

"Yeah it is."

"What is it for?"

"Well it's a secret, so you have to promise you won't tell," Cass shot him look that told Harry he better start explaining before she made sure he couldn't tell anyone anything. Harry smiled and kept talking, "this is where we hold DA meetings. It's a sort of club that we created. We started holding them a few months ago when we realized Umbridge wasn't going to teach us anything about Defense against the Dark Arts. So a few months ago, we created the DA and started teaching ourselves defensive magic. There's about twenty of us, from all houses... except Slytherin of course."

"If there's only students, who teaches all the spells?"

"I do," Harry said with a smile. He tried to hide is smugness when talking, "I've had to learn a bit extra over the years," he said with a bit more modesty. It was hard, he couldn't help but feel like he wanted to impress Cass.

"You must be good then," she smirked and took a step closer. Harry's heart began to pound against his chest, Cass was awfully close. Harry was momentarily stunned.

"Y-yeah I mean... I'm decent." Harry stuttered. Suddenly, he was finding it very hard to form words. Unfortunately Harry would never know what would happen next because they were interrupted by the door to the corridor opening.

Dean and Lavender barreled through the entrance. Cassandra stepped back and turned towards the pair. A rush of anger flew through Harry as he watched Dean and Lavender approach. But he quickly suppressed it after realizing he was being a tad ridiculous. After their arrival, the room quickly began to fill with DA members.

Once everyone was seated across the cushions, Harry stood and addressed the group, "Um hello, I thought since everyone's doing so well I could start teaching you lot how to cast the Patronus Charm."

"You can produce a Patronus?" Dean interrupted with curiosity. Harry saw every face in the room look at him questionably.

"Yes, I've seen it," Hermione answered when Harry stayed quiet, "And he used it to fight off over a hundred dementors at once in third year." Their questioning looks turned to amazement and Harry shifted uncomfortably where he stood.

Everyone was completely silent and focused when Harry explained and demonstrated the charm. After a few minutes he sent everyone off on their own to practice. Harry walked around the room in attempt to help, but no one was having much luck. After another ten minutes, Harry noticed a few wisps of white smoke emerge from Hermione's wand and he congratulated her. After that everyone seemed to have renewed hope in their abilities.

Harry was helping Neville when he noticed Cass standing alone by the fireplace. Her eyes were watching the students, but her mind looked busy thinking about something else. Harry excused himself and walked to her.

"Hey," Harry said once he was close enough. Cass was obviously deep in thought because she jumped slightly when Harry spoke.

"Oh, hi Harry," she smiled softly, but Harry could tell her heart wasn't in it.

"Why are you over here?"

Cass looked at Harry then down towards the ground, "Oh it's nothing, I'm just being silly really." Harry could tell it wasn't nothing.

"Are you sure?" Harry asked, but he didn't wait for an answer, "what's wrong?"

"It's just..." Cass began unsurely. Harry noticed she couldn't keep eye contact with him and he began questioning wether he should leave or not. Cass took a deep break and continued, "I can't produce a Patronus anymore... ever since my mom died." Cass's eyes began to fill with tears, but she quickly blinked them away and turned from Harry's gaze.

"I'm sorry I didn't know," Harry said softly. Without thinking, he reached for Cass's hand and held it between his, "I'm really sorry."

Suddenly Cass's demeanor began to change, as if she flipped a switch. She shook her head and pulled her hand away. She gave Harry a small smile and spoke, "No I'm just being ridiculous, I shouldn't be sulking over here. I didn't mean to bother you." And she walked away, leaving Harry before he could say she wasn't being ridiculous and she definitely wasn't bothering him. Harry was left alone at the fireplace wondering what he did wrong, picturing over and over the moment when she pulled her and from his.

Thirty minutes later, Harry concluded the meeting and people began to leave. Harry was following Hermione, Cass, and Ron out of the door when he heard his name. "Harry," piped Cho from behind him, "can we talk for a moment?"

Harry turned back to his friends and Ron said, "Don't worry about it mate, just meet us in the common room." Then the three left him alone in the Room of Requirement with Cho.

Slowly, Harry approached Cho. "How was your holiday?" Cho asked sweetly.

"Oh... um it was good, yours?"

"Good, mum and dad took me to the theater, it was nice."

"That's... good," Harry nodded. Whenever Cho was around he never knew how to act. And after their kiss, it seemed almost impossible to figure out how to hold a conversation.

"I don't know if you heard, but there's another Hogsmeade trip coming up on Valentine's Day."

"Oh, no I didn't."

"Well I was wondering if you wanted to go to with me?"

"Like just us?" Harry asked, then mentally slapped himself. Of course she meant just the two of us, you're such an idiot, Harry thought.

"Yeah..." Cho said nervously.

"Yeah lets go to Hogsmeade," Harry bursted out. He wasn't sure exactly why he say it, but there was no turning back now.

"Great," Cho smiled, "see you then," she said before walking out of the room. Harry was once again left speechless in the room of requirement, thinking about what the hell just happened.

*****

The next day didn't go much better. Harry was sitting at breakfast when everything blew up. "Oh my god!" exclaimed Hermione.

"What, what's wrong?" Harry asked quickly. Hermione only responded by shoving the Daily Prophet in his face. Harry quickly read the front page and his draw dropped. The front page read, MASS BREAKOUT FROM AZKABAN, MINISTRY FEARS BLACK IS "RALLYING POINT" FOR OLD DEATH EATERS.

"Holy shit," Harry blurted out as he read the article. Ten Death Eaters had escaped including Bellatrix Lestrange, Antonin Dolohov, and Augustus Rookwood. All former Death Eaters. Harry shook his head, Voldemort must have gotten the Dementors on his side. Dumbledore warned Fudge this would happen. Harry threw down the paper in defeat.

"What will it take for Fudge to start listening?" Ron questioned clearly annoyed.

"Nothing," Harry interjected, "not until it's too late."

"If only there was something we could do," Cass added.

Before anyone could add anything else Hermione jumped from her seat and shouted, "I need to go to the library, see you guys later!" She then grabbed her things and ran off out of sight. Harry, Ron, and Cass were left confused.

Ron then turned to Harry and asked, "so what did Cho want last night, you never told me." Harry wished Ron would have said anything else, anything but that. Cass looked over to Harry, clearly interested in what he was going to say. Harry could've strangled Ron, but he somehow restrained himself.

When Ron nudged him for an answer, Harry decided he should probably say something, "she um... she just asked me about the next Hogsmeade trip," Harry stammered.

"You mean the Hogsmeade trip on Valentine's Day," Ron smirked. Did Ron ever stop talking?

"Yes the one on Valentine's Day," Harry rolled his eyes.

"Oi, my best friend has got himself a date," Ron shouted with pride. Several students turned their attention to Harry, but quickly lost interest and went back to their conversations.

Harry looked over at Cass for the first time and saw her looking at him with a small, forced smile. Harry turned his lips into a half grin before turning his attention back to Ron who was now forcefully patting his back. Harry spent the rest of breakfast consciously trying not to smother him.

**********

ah omg HEY EVERYONE! I can't believe how fast this community is growing. I just want to say thank to everyone reading and I'm so happy you're coming on this journey with me.
Until next update...
-Madds

read•vote•comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444K 20.3K 37
After the war Harry distances himself from everyone, feeling empty. He spends a year in solitude, only writing letters to communicate. When he's fina...
28K 572 47
life after voldemorts victory. What would you do , when the son of the most evil wizard ever setting foot on the wizardingworld has his eyes on you...
2.1M 23.5K 124
DRACO LOVE STORY. Smut, strong language, some mature content! Juliet has had everything in her life handed to her from the start. Gorgeous. Talente...
781 29 16
Sometimes you have to make a sacrifice which leads to yourself being hurt instead of others. A sacrifice that causes everything you hold dear to sli...