โœ“ | IN BETWEEN MINDS | Draco...

By fhreyachaes

[ SEQUEL TO 'BETWEEN THE LINES' ] EVANGELINE MADE A GROUP CHAT WITH 3 OTHER PEOPLE! ... More

DISCLAIMER + CAST
โž i.
โž ii.
โž iii.
โž iv.
โž v.
โž vi.
โž vii.
โž viii.
โž ix.
โž x.
โž xi.
โž xii.
โž xiii.
โž xiv.
โž xv.
โž xvi.
โž xvii.
โž xviii.
โž xix.
โž xx.
โž xxi.
โž xxii.
โž xxiii.
REAL TALK ON ASTORIA GREENGRASS

โž xxiv.

24.5K 1.2K 3.9K
By fhreyachaes

DRACO MALFOY HAD ALWAYS FORESEEN A MARRIAGE IN HIS FUTURE. He'd pictured waking up every morning with his wife right next to him, visiting families together, and starting a family with children. He just never imagined it would be with a woman he didn't love.

"Well, don't you look fucking ecstatic," came the sarcastic voice of Theodore Nott who sidled up next to Draco. He was grinning saccharinely, looking particularly like Lucifer at the moment in his suit.

"Of course, don't you see his bright ass smile?" sassed Neville Longbottom who flanked Draco's other side — both his best men hounding on him.

Draco's frown deepened to a scowl. "Leave me alone, you wankers — I am happy. See?" He forced his lips to pull up to a smile that he knew looked awkward.

"That is the worst pretend-happy face I've ever seen," scoffed Dorothy Walsh who joined their little group. "You just look constipated."

Theo snickered. "Right you are, mami."

Dottie rolled her eyes playfully at Theo before facing Draco. "The wedding's starting in two minutes — are you ready?"

Draco hesitated — was he truly ready to spend the rest of his life with Astoria? He met the eyes of his best friends, and they all knew his genuine answer. Perhaps one day he'll find it in him to tell the truth. "Yes, I'm ready."

Dottie's lips pulled to a sad smile before nodding gently. "Okay, I'll let them know." She breathed out a sigh before walking away from them.

Neville and Theo each gave Draco a thump on the back before moving to stand in their respective places. Draco let loose a long exhale, shutting his eyes for a moment as he felt his throat closing up in anxiety.

The wedding began shortly upon Astoria's arrival as she walked down the aisle. She was beautiful, even Draco couldn't deny that — with her elegant long-sleeved dress with a train that delicately dragged from behind. But even as she was the center of attention when walking to meet Draco by the altar, he couldn't stop himself from scanning the crowd.

Hoping that maybe — just maybe — she would show up.

Astoria smiled prettily, taking Draco's offered hand as they both faced the wizard that was officiating their marriage.

Draco wasn't listening to a word the man was saying, he was staring off at a distance. He couldn't stop the pain inside of him as though his heart was being repeatedly stabbed by a dagger. It killed him how every word the wizard spoke brought him closer and closer to what he was dreading.

"Do you, Draco Lucius Malfoy, take Astoria Jocelyn Greengrass to be your lawfully wedded wife? In sickness and in health; for richer or for poorer — until death do you part?"

Draco was silent for a second, eyes boring into Astoria's emerald ones as he felt his heart shatter. He looked over to where her parents sat and they both nodded eagerly at him to say yes. He turned to his mother whose gaze pierced through his. She gave him one very firm nod.

     He had no choice years ago when he was in school, and now he still had no choice. This was Draco's fate — he was born to obey whatever life his parents had structured for him. He had to learn how to accept that.

     Swallowing hard, he whispered defeatedly, "I do." He couldn't stop the way his eyes burned with unshed tears, and he blinked rapidly to keep them from falling.

     I'm sorry, Evangeline. I'm so sorry, my love.

"And do you, Astoria Jocelyn Greengrass, take Draco Lucius Malfoy to be your lawfully wedded husband? In sickness and in health; for richer or for poorer — until death do you part?"

He watched the way she stared deeply into his eyes, the way her eyebrows knitted together as though she were trying to solve the puzzle that was him. There was no hint of a smile in her pretty face as she slowly reached a hand up to gently cup his face, thumb brushing over his cheekbone. And with a soft voice, she replied, "No, I don't."

Chatters broke throughout the crowd as the wizard before them jolted in surprise. Astoria's parents rose to their feet in utter confusion as they began to call out for their daughter but she was not listening to anybody nor looking at anyone except for Draco.

"Astoria?" he asked, having no clue what the hell was going on. "What are you doing?"

A tear slipped down her cheek as she let out a breathy laugh. "Draco, I can't do this to you. I can't make you marry me when I can see it in your eyes how much this is killing you. Go to her — go to her and tell her you still love her before it's too late."

Draco reached up to hold her hand in his as he frantically searched his face. "Why are you doing this? Don't — Don't you want this?"

Astoria pressed her lips thoughtfully as she said, "I do want this — but not when I know this doesn't bring you happiness. She loves you, and she was willing to sacrifice that for me. She thinks she's getting in the way between us, but really it's me." She stood on her tiptoes to brush her lips chastely on his cheek. "I love you and I'm doing this for you. Go before it's too late."

Draco wanted to break down then and there as he brought Astoria into an embrace. "Thank you," he whispered, holding her tightly before letting go.

EVANGELINE YAWNED AS SHE ENTERED THE AIRPORT. She didn't get much sleep last night no matter how much she tried to — not when she knows Draco was getting married today. She even packed the muggle way with no magic, in hopes it would make her tired enough to sleep.

She tugged on her luggage as she strolled to where departure would be. She stood in line, passport in the same hand loosely gripping her suitcase as she rubbed her weary eyes from behind her sunglasses.

     She secretly loved the airport feel — rushing to not miss the flight, dressing in either her best clothes or something similar to pajamas, wearing sunglasses, and best of all: walking like the place was her runway.

     "Vangie!"

     That's funny — it sounded like someone was calling her name.

     "Evangeline!"

     There has to be someone else here with the same name as her.

     "Evangeline fucking Beckham!"

     She whipped around in bewildered confusion, snapping her sunglasses up to rest atop her head. "What the fuck?" she blurted out as she walked out of line to find the source of the voice.

     Then she saw him.

     Standing in the middle of a cluster of muggles was Draco Malfoy — and he was looking around him in distraught for her. He was still in his wedding tux, the tie loosened and hanging off him with his hair all messy as though he'd ran his fingers through them.

     "Draco."

     He turned to her and met her gaze — and Evangeline swore she felt her defenses shatter around her as her tears sprang to the corners of her eyes. She didn't even know she was bawling her eyes out as Draco strode towards her.

     "What — What are you doing here?" her voice was barely even a whisper as though she were frightened he would disappear from her eyes.

     His hands were cupping her face, forehead pressed against her own as both their eyes fluttered shut in unison just to be enveloped in each other's presence.

     "She said no," came his reply.

     "I don't understand — "

     "She said no at the altar, Astoria did. She told me to come here and tell you before it's too late." Draco pulled back to look at her, his eyes were rimmed red as though he had been crying too. Then he leaned over and — very gently as though she were fragile — kissed her on her forehead. "I love you, Vangie. I love you so much, and I'll be the biggest fool ever if I let you walk away again."

     Evangeline lunged forward, arms wrapping around him to hug him as Draco pulled her in tighter. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for leaving you six years ago."

     "No," Draco said comfortingly, kissing the crown of her head. "I'm sorry for not going after you. But I'm here now."

     As he kissed her in the middle of the busy airport, they both had come to the conclusion that their relationship was far from perfect. They had their ups and downs, but it was the good days that made up for all the bad ones. Evangeline never wanted perfect — she wanted Draco Malfoy, and no matter what may barge their way through to separate them, they'll always find their way back to each other.

     "Come on, let's go live in Paris."

the end —

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 41K 90
Highest rank: #2 in fanfiction (07 ~ 02 ~ 2018) #1 in Draco (11 ~ 05 ~ 2018) #1 in harrypotter (08 ~ 08 ~ 2018) #1 in dracomalfoy (6 ~ 09 ~ 2018) - ...
4.5K 227 16
Comedy/Drama/Fantasy/Romance/Wholesome Because of the academic interruption caused by the Second Wizarding War, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Draco retur...
1.8M 62.6K 58
โ›Let's hope Potter doesn't find outโœ โ‰ fem!reader, ยฉkingdombyers OFFICIAL FANFIC HP READING LIST!!! 2ND PLACE WINNER OF THE POTTERHEAD CHALLENGE! (...
138K 4.1K 35
This is a sequel to Wrong Number (You can read this book without reading it but you may not understand all the references) 5 years after graduation...