𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔

By maya_lara1

"Let me pleasure you, let me apologise for all the dastardly sins I have committed." I smiled knowingly. "Ar... More

|𝓒𝓪𝓼 𝓽| & |𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓰𝓾𝓮|
Chapter |1| He's Back
Chapter |2| Damned Fate
Chapter |3| Bodyguard
Chapter |4| Tease
Chapter |5| Studying
Chapter |6| Going Insane
Chapter |7| Awkward
Chapter |8| Aaron Black
Chapter |9| Cheerleader Jealousy
Chapter |10| Cara Rose
Chapter |11| Angry Daddy
Chapter |12| The Green Eyed Monster
Chapter |13| Midnight Talks
Chapter |14| First Taste Of The Dark Side
Chapter |15| A Secret Unfolded With A Tear
Chapter |16| Lakeside
Chapter |17| Red
Chapter |18| The Hope Of Friendship
Chapter |19| One Little Mistake
Chapter |20| Bare Ass
Chapter |22| Screwed
Chapter |23| Auction
Chapter |24| Lovers
Chapter |25| Inebriated Mind
Chapter |26| Dastardly Sins
Chapter |27| Letting The Cat Out Of The Bag
Chapter |28| Addiction
Chapter |29| Not My Girlfriend
Chapter |30| My Salvation
Chapter |31| The Past Meets The Present
Chapter |32| A Gift From The Heart
Chapter |33| The Truth Hurts
Chapter |34| The Flight
Chapter |35| Paris I
Chapter |36| Paris II
Chapter |37| Paris III
Chapter |38| Paris IV
Chapter |39| Paris V
Chapter |40| I Need You
Chapter |41| Daddy
Chapter |42| Snowball
Chapter |43| Trusting Pleasure
Chapter |44| Monster
Chapter |45| Drink, Fuck, Repeat
Chapter |46| Exposed
Chapter 47| No Fight Left
Chapter |48| The Two Loves Of Her Life
Chapter 49| A Mother's Intuition
Chapter |50| A Father's Regret
Chapter |51| Brothers For Life
Chapter |52| The Ending No-One Wished For
Epilogue
Chained Princess
My Stories

Chapter |21| Coffee and Gossip

9.8K 217 56
By maya_lara1

K I A R A ' S   P.O.V

Satin, tulle and lace. In other words, heaven.

It had been so long since I had shopped and honestly, I had forgotten how therapeutic it was. My mind was cleared and all I had to focus on were dresses and shoes.

Last week my mother, Tessa and I had gone shopping for hours, scouring every store we could find until we found the 'dress'. Now me and Tessa were finding matching shoes and accessories, as well as having our final fitting before the ball which was tomorrow night.

A tiny, minuscule part of me was excited. I mean, attending a ball was every teenage girl's dream. The auction was just a plus. Hopefully some hot rich older man bought me for the night.

I know it sounds slutty, but it's really not.

You see, in the mafia world, everyone is deemed to be cruel and a disgrace to society but in reality, we're just humans. The annual charity ball is our way of giving back and not to mention that it gains a huge amount of positive press for us.

My dad owns Romano corporations, which is one of the richest companies in the world. We pose as a company who lucked out in the stock market but in reality it's a cover for selling drugs, weapons and other illegal substances.

But hey, I grew up living the criminal life and I wouldn't change it for the world. It's what made me...me.

"I want ice cold brew with skinny vanilla foam, oh and those cute little cookies." I chuckled under my breath, typing her order into my phone. I was forced to order the drinks whilst she acquired a table.

"Next," The guy manning the till called. I stepped up and ordered the drink, making sure to grab a bag of those cookies for Tessa. After I ordered, I stepped to the side and waited for my drinks to be made.

The place was bustling with people, filled to the max, with sweaty hungry people who didn't care who they pushed in order to get their drinks. Unfortunately for me, I was the one who was pushed.

A greasy old man, raced to the front when his name was called, shoving me out the way as he ran. I fell backwards, my head about to collide with the hard wall, when I froze mid fall.

Slowly, I opened up my eyes only to see him looming over me, his signature smirk on his face. "Falling for me already, Princess." He winked, causing me to scowl, as he helped me back up.

His arm was still secured around my waist, as he walked forward, and tapped on the greasy man's shoulder. The man ignored him, but Aaron was Aaron. He tapped again only to revive a fuck off in return. That made him lose it.

Aaron let go of me, and grabbed the guy by the collar, slamming him up against the wall. The store went silent, watching in fear and awe, but no-one dared to speak.

"Apologise to the lady." The man's beady eyes raked my body up and down, instantly making me regret wearing a skirt. Aaron, noticing this, pulled him back, only to slam him back against the wall, harder than before.

"I said apologise." He seethed, slyly pressing his gun against the man's groin. "I'll press the trigger and blow off your tiny little balls, I don't fucking care."

"I'm sorry lady, I really am." Aaron glanced back at me with a smirk.

"Do you think he sounds sincere?" I placed my finger on my chin, pretending to contemplate.

"I think..." I was cut off by the sound of tricking. We both glanced down at the man's crotch. His khaki pants had turned darker, whilst his eyes were struck with fear.

Oh god, the fucker peed...on Aaron.

"Get the fuck out!" Aaron screamed, sending the man scurrying out on his knees. The shop, and myself, burst out into laughter.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry but that was fucking hilarious!" He sent me a sharp glare that caused me to shut up immediately. "I'm sorry, I know you were just trying to help me. In fact, it was quite chivalrous."

"Yeah well, if being nice for once means getting pissed on by a fucking stranger then you can forget it." I grabbed his leather jacket and tugged him back, before he could storm out the shop.

"Really, it isn't that bad. It's just your shirt that's a little wet, but nothing a warm shower can't fix and everyone's forgotten it by now." I lied. People were snickering behind us but I paid them no mind, concentrated on making Aaron focus on me.

"Hey," I turned his head so he was looking at me, and me only. "No-one gives a fuck, if you don't, and you still look hot covered in pee." He let out a small laugh and reached forward to grab his coffee. My order was up next, and I watched him carefully as he took a sip of the steaming drink.

"I didn't peg you for a Starbucks guy. Actually Starbucks is one of the last places I expected to find you."

"In my profession, coffee is a must." I nodded, knowing how many late nights my father spends working. Being a mafia don is no easy job, one of the reasons why I'm glad I'm the youngest.

"Well, it's nice to know there are still sides to you left to discover." He gave me a wink, stealing one of the cookies out the bag I was holding.

"Hey, Tessa will kill you for stealing her food."

"I remember a certain brunette threatening to cut my balls off when I stole a slice of her pizza." I was flabbergasted. He actually remembered that? It happened years ago when me and Tristan decided to spend our Friday night with Aaron, watching the latest Fast and Furious movie.

"Wow, I'm impressed. You remembered that?"

"Of course I did. I remember everything." There was something about the sincerity of his words that made my heart flutter inside my chest.

"So, I'm guessing you're going to the ball tomorrow?" He said, breaking the strange tension between us.

"Um yes, I am. My whole family will be there." I stressed the importance of the word family, so he knew that he couldn't approach me at the event.

"Right got it, don't worry I won't draw any attention to us." I frowned in confusion.

"To us?" He quickly shook his head, a small laugh leaving his mouth.

"Not like that I just mean...well, you father would have my head if he knew we were friends or hang out like we do."

"Right and I'm sorry Black but your head, especially your face, is the best thing going for you." I said sarcastically, causing a grin to break out on his face.

"Aww, I thought it would have been my wallet." I snorted, flashing him my Gucci bag and Louboutin shoes.

"Yeah, you're wallet doesn't matter that much to me."

"Oh so it's all about looks?" He gave me a challenging stare, to which I simply smirked.

"What can I say? My man has to be easy on the eyes, but that's not all. He has to have...other attributes." Leaning closer towards me, he flashed me a smirk and whispered sensually into my ear.

"Like what?" I glanced over at Tessa, who was busy typing away on her phone, and then back at the cocky man in-front of me.

"How about I tell you another time? My drinks are getting cold." I deliberated walking away but then quickly turned back around. "Will I see you at the ball then?"

"Why? Do you want me there?" I shivered as his hot breath fanned against my cheek, his fingers grazed the skin exposed from my short crop top.

"I don't care if you're there or not. I just like to be prepared."

"Well, I like the mystery." He trailed is hand further up, stopping just below my breast. "And the surprise, and the suspense." It one swift move, he spun me around so I was faced with his hard chest. Tipping my chin up slowly, he bent down. "Plus, it keeps things interesting. See you around Princess."

And just like that, he walked out the shop.  What the fuck just happened?

I shook my head, clutching the drinks tighter, as I walked over to Tessa. Setting the drinks down the table, she lifted her head up and gave me a sharp glare.

"What now?" I exclaimed, causing her to arch her eyebrow.

"When the hell were you going to tell me about Aaron?" I sighed. This was going to take a while.

***

"And that's it. That's our crazy story that surprisingly ends with us being friends."

"What the fuck? I mean seriously, what the fuck?" She squealed, earning a few of the grumpy customers around us to send us a glare.

"Shh, I don't want to get kicked out."

"So, you two haven't fucked?" I gave her a look.
"I mean you haven't fucked recently."

"That's right, and we won't be having sex. We're just friends." She let out an unattractive snort.

"Sure, I mean Kiara the man is a sex god. He isn't known for being just friends with women, and you aren't known for being just friends with guys too."

"What are you talking about? I'm friends with Sawyer and Tristan."

"One who you used to fuck on a regular basis and your ex boyfriend, who you are still in love with." I sighed, downing the last of my coffee, and grabbing another cookie.

"Fine maybe I don't have many friends, but with Aaron it's different. I feel like I can just be...me. With Sawyer, I have to put on this bad girl facade and act like nothing matters."

"Why though, why can you open up with Aaron but not with Sawyer?"

"I don't know, it's one of the reasons I ended things with Sawyer. Things got too complicated."

"And what about Tristan? You two used to be able to talk about anything." I shook my head. I wished things could be like that again.

"Yeah but everything's changed now. I feel like I have to constantly protect myself whenever I close to him. The slightest bit of vulnerability and I get scared, because I'm afraid that he's gonna break my heart and this time I won't be able piece it back together."

"But you love him? Doesn't that love count for anything?"

"Of course it does, it's like this magnetic pull that keep attracting me to him. It's the same with Aaron, it's the same pull, the same attraction I feel towards Tristan just more subtle which is why I feel comfortable."

"So, let's get this right? You love Tristan, but you've decided to just be friends. However you've kissed multiple times, and are currently secretly hanging out with Aaron, his ex-best friend, and not to mention one of your father's enemies. Let's not forget that if Ryder finds out about this they're both dead." I smirked.

"Isn't my life fun?" I muttered sarcastically.

"Interesting definitely." She paused for a moment. "So, do you think there's hope for you and Tristan?"

"There's always hope Tess,"

"But do you think you'll be together again, can your love overcome the past?" The ultimate question, all deciding on me.

Could I move on? I hadn't yet, but it was possible. If I was willing to risk it all, including my heart once more, then we could be together? Happy? I don't know, but wasn't love worth the risk?

"Yes, I do. I think there's a chance, I..I just need more time."

"Okay, but please tell me the next time anything happens, I promise I won't tell your dad or brothers or anyone. I just want to be there for you. It's not good for you to be keeping this all to yourself." I smiled, reaching other to hold her hand.

"Thank you, and I'm sorry for not telling you sooner it's just that, everything feels so real when you're not the only who knows. Like now, it's just dawned on me that I'm going to be faced with Tristan, Aaron and my dad at the ball. I don't know how I'm going to survive."

"You will, with your bestie by your side." She clutched my hand tighter, letting me know that whatever happened she would always be there for me.

"Come on, we better get home before it gets dark and I want to beat the traffic."

***

"Hey, how was shopping?" My dad said, the moment I walked through the door. Me and Tessa were going to have a sleepover but she had a ton of work to do, just like me, and we both knew that we would get nothing done if we were together.

"It was good, but I'm exhausted. I'm just going to go up to my room and study all night."

"Okay baby, let me know if you need anything." My mother spoke gently, leaning her head against my dad's shoulder. I smiled at how adorable they both were, I wanted that. I wanted it so bad but, nothing in my life was ever that simple. Especially not in my love life.

"Bye," I trailed up to my room slowly, and wasn't even fazed to see Tristan on my bed. Again.

"Wow, maybe I should just move out? You seem to be in my room more than me."

"I do love this bed," I rolled my eyes, stripping as I made my way into the bathroom. I pulled a hoodie over my head and slid my feet into a pair of fluffy slippers.

Walking back out, I chose to ignore the way Tristan's eyes raked my body up and down. I stood there, hand on my hip, head cocked to the side.

"You done yet?" My voice seemed to bring him back to present and he cleared his throat as I crawled onto my bed. I let my head rest on his hard chest, my eyes slowly drooping shut whilst I listened to his rhythmic heartbeat.

"Did you have fun shopping?" His hand traced circles on my bare thigh, and even though I knew we shouldn't be resting like this in each other's arms, I couldn't find the strength to pull away.

"Yeah, I did. I had almost forgotten how relaxing shopping was, especially when you can buy whatever the hell you want." He chuckled, allowing me to feel the vibration ricocheting throughout his chest.

"Sounds like you had a good time." I deliberated whether or not I should tell him that I saw Aaron, wondering whether it was better to be honest or conceal the truth to prevent another argument.

"I saw Aaron today." His body stiffened underneath me, but I reached down to clasp our hands together. The move always helped to calm him down and I was glad that it still worked.

"Did you plan to meet up with him?" It was taking all his strength not to scream, and I was happy that he managed to compose himself for me.

"No, it was completely a coincidence. We ran into each other at Starbucks as well." I laughed quietly, but he didn't. Instead, he kept a stoic look on his face.

"Hey, we're friends. Nothing more." He shook his head, a humourless laugh leaving his throat.

"Aaron is never just friends with a girl, and you barely have any friends. Only me, Tessa and then that jerk Sawyer."

"I was friends with Aaron when we were together, what's the difference now?"

"He wants you, baby-girl. He always has, always will and...you want him too." I shot up at the accusation.

"What the fuck Tristan? How could say that to me? Do you not know me at all?" I quickly got off the bed, backing away from him slowly.

"Why are you getting so defensive then?" Even thought he was speaking so soft and gently, his words were getting me more and more riled up.

"Because I...because I...oh just shut up." The man before me had the nerve to laugh, the deep bellowing sound echoing throughout my room.

"You always were like this, always in denial of your feelings because they scared you. Baby-girl, it's just me. Just me and you. You don't have to admit it to the world, or to him, but you can to me." Silent tears ran down my cheek, as he approached me. I didn't know what was going on with me, but one thing was clear, I was a mess.

A mess because he was right. I was coward, too scared to admit the truth.

"Hey, hey shh. I'm sorry, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I shouldn't have pushed you." I cried as he wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me tightly. My tears stained his white shirt, making it see through, and mascara ran down my cheeks.

"I think I..I like him." I expected him to kick off or storm out but instead he stayed. He stayed and held me, as I felt myself plunge into my darkest feelings.

"I know you do, and it's okay. He was there for you in ways I couldn't be. I know you love me too, and I'm grateful to still have that Kiara, but just know this, I will fight harder because I'm not losing you to him. At least not until you tell me to stop. I love you baby-girl, and Aaron or no Aaron, I'll be there for you." I pulled back slightly with a sniffle as I wiped my tears away.

"You want to be with me even though I'm starting to have feelings for another man?" I asked incredulously.

"Yes, because you've stuck with me through everything and now, it's my turn to repay the favour. I've got you baby-girl." I smiled softly, watching as he pulled out his phone when it pinged.

"I have to go, your father wants to see me." He pressed a kiss onto my cheek, a familiar feeling rushing through my body.

"I'll see you tomorrow night at the ball. Looking forward to seeing your dress baby-girl,"

"Tristan.." I called out. He stopped and waited for me to carry on.

"Thank you." He didn't respond, instead, he simply smiled.

________________________________

A/N: I honestly couldn't control my laughter when Aaron got peed on!! 😂

And poor Tristan, I feel kinda bad for him ngl but I'm still in the middle.

What do you guys think?

Bring a smile to my face and please press that vote button. Also feel free to write a comment, I love hearing from you guys! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 83K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
740K 22.7K 63
BOOK 1 IN THE ROMANO SERIES (WARNING!!! 18+ ONLY ➡ THIS BOOK CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, VIOLENCE AND EXPLICIT MATURE SCENES) Kiara Cambridge is a norm...
4M 78.2K 45
"I'm not gonna have sex with you baby. Not yet. Just a little fun with the help of some old toys." He smirked and then it suddenly hit me. He stole t...
572K 12.5K 53
I gasped when he turned us, pressing us against the hard wall and wrapped my leg around his waist. His body began grinding against mine, our tongues...