by order of the fucking peaky...

By thatpeakybauthor

What would happen if another Shelby sister was tossed into the mix? Meet Charlotte Shelby, baby sister to Art... More

:)
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
this is random
The Jesus Twins
new book
qq
S6
REWRITE
ITS UP

3

32.8K 563 96
By thatpeakybauthor

It had been 7 weeks since the boys had returned from France, and a routine was beginning to build. Each morning John or Arthur would wake her and Finn up, telling them to get ready for school. Ada would've made breakfast for everyone. The boys were taking control of the business again, and since the war, less people were placing bets. Tommy said he had a plan, though he wouldn't tell anyone what it was. He'd become a lot stricter, starting to enforce rules. Most nights Finn would come into her room, due to the fact Diego was unable to sneak in anymore. And if it wasn't her screams keeping them awake it was Arthur, Tommy or Johns. Either way it wasn't night if one of them hadn't screamed.

Charlotte was starting to suspect Tommy rarely slept, he was always first one up, last one to bed, and bags were starting to develop under his eyes. She'd made a point to speak to him about it, she just hadn't got the time.

The Shelby name, carried as much power as if ever had, perhaps even more since the boys had been back.

She and Finn had just returned from school, and were sat in the dining room area, her smoking and Finn ranting about some twat in his year, that he'd got in a fight with.

Tommy came sauntering through the room, "Arthur's mad as hell" Finn says to him. "What does a 13 year old know about hell, ey?" Tommy replies. "I'm 14 on Sunday" Finn replies, as Tommy opens the door to the betting shop, the two teens looking in from the outside. Watching the chaos, then Tommy going into Arthur's office. "Lottie, come ere" John calls and she stands, gesturing for Finn to come with her. "Do these numbers look right to you? You're good at maths right? That's why you're still in school" John asks, placing an accounting book in front of her, taking a drag from her cigarette she looks over it. "Who the fucks done these?" She asks. "That'd be Arthur" John replies. "Arthur can't count for shit" Finn says. "Language" Charlotte scolds flicking his head. "Can you fix them?" John asks and she nods, getting a pencil, taking a seat at an empty desk, Finn over her shoulder, re-adding and balancing the books, distracted when Tommy leaves Arthur's office, Arthur yelling after him. "I'm calling a family meeting. 8 o'clock. I want everyone there."

"Including you 2." Arthur says narrowing his eyes at Charlie and Finn before slamming his office door shut.

"Ignore him, he's been in a pissy mood all day." John says. "Books done?" He asks and she nods. "I'm going to meet Diego, I'll be back for the meeting" Charlotte says ruffling Finns hair, before setting off out of the back door. Walking the short 10 minute walk to the Muerte household. Knocking on the door, Harrison opens it. "Y'alright Charlie girl? Isiah and Diego are upstairs." Harrison says stepping aside letting her in. "Yeah, I'm good. Cant wait to finish school. Some teachers do like testing my patience. But i promised Tommo id do my best to stay out of trouble. Don't want to cause more stress." Charlotte says. "Good girl" Harrison says unaware of what effect that had on her, her vision started going blurry as flashbacks clouded her eyesight, all she could head was a ringing sound. With a few words overcoming the high pitched hum.

'My Good girl'

Her skirt was torn from her body as silent sobs raked over her body. She felt completely useless.

'Open wide My dear'

"Diego. Ziah. Get down here." Harrison calls up the stairs unsure of what was happening as Charlie had fallen and when he went to help she scrambled away from him, he was now kneeling in front of her, her vision was on him but It was like she couldn't see or hear him. A few seconds the 2 lads appeared.

"What did you say?" Diego commands stroking Charlottes hair, sitting next to her pulling her to his chest, so she could hear his heartbeat, trying to get hers the same pace to calm down.
"I called her a good g-" Harrison starts but Isiah clamps a hand over his mouth before he could finish. "There's a few words that are off limits. What you said is one of them." Isiah explains removing his hand. "But why?" Harrison asks. "I don't know, she goes into a frenzy and it takes ages to calm her down. As you can see" Isiah says gesturing to the girl who was still obviously frantic her eyes darting around as her breathing was heavy.

"Don't you want to find out?" Harrison asks. "Of course we do. We tried getting her to talk to us, but she just closed herself off. She will tell us when she's ready." Isiah tells him.

"Shhhh. Love. It's alright. It's me Diego. You're all good." Diego says kissing her forehead, as the tension released and she begins to relax into him.

"Diego. I can't- I'm scared." She whimpers. "I'm right here love. I'm here. Look at me. You're safe. It's me. Ziah and Harrison."
Diego says lifting her face with his index finger. "I don't know what to do. I hate living like this" Charlotte declares to the boys. "I- I should go" Charlotte says before anyone can stop she's up and out the door. When they'd realised what had happened they bolted after her. "Ziah, you go check the betting den, I'll check the Garrison, Diego check in at Pollys" Harrison instructs after they didn't see what direction Charlie had taken off in.

After a quick jog, Isiah finds himself outside the Shelbys house, knocking on the front door, he ran a hand through his hair. "What is it Zi?" Finn asks opening the door. "Is Char here?" Isiah asks and Finn shakes his head. "Is she okay? What happened?" Finn says. "Yeah, she's fine." Isiah says turning away, "wait for me, let's check the Garrison" Finn says putting on his flat cap.

When they arrive at the Garrison, Harrison and Diego were stood outside with a furious looking Tommy Shelby, "Finnigan Arthur Shelby! You tell me where she is." Tommy commands looking at the 2 new arrivals. "I don't know" Finn says in defence. "Don't you dare fucking lie to me" Tommy glares, instead of answering Finn just starts sprinting, towards the stables, surely Charlie was there.

"Charlie. It's just me." Finn calls out arriving at the stables, looking around. "Curly, Uncle Charlie have you seem Charlie Girl?" Finn asks and they nod pointing to the private area. "Charlie. It's Finn, I'm coming in" he says pushing open the door, seeing her stroking her favourite horse Crystal. "Tommy's looking for ya, furious he is" Finn sighs sitting on a bundle of hay. "Tommy can do what he wants? I don't care." Charlie replies. "What's up with ya Charlie?" Finn asks, "if you're in trouble you can speak to me"

"I'm not in trouble Finn, it's personal." Charlotte answers neither noticing the figure that had entered the barn. "And here I was thinking we had an open family" Tommy says and Charlie scoffs. "Something you want to say" Tommy questions raising an eyebrow. "It's a bit hypocritical" she replies. "Is that so?" He brother says his blue eyes piercing into her. "Yeah, it is. You never tell anyone your plans." Charlie responds. "Finn, out." Tommy commands. "No." Finn says holding onto Charlie. "Leave him be Tommo" Charlie defends her little brother. "Charlotte. Just tell me what the fuck the problem is. I have no time for your shit. Stop being an entitled brat" Tommy snaps. "I'm not talking about this. Especially with you. Finn, you coming?" Charlotte says brushing past Tommy, followed by her youngest brother. "What do you mean especially with me?" Tommy calls after but only receives a middle finger.

"Family meeting at 8. Do no be late" he says and doesn't get answer, so decides to just leave it until later, heading out the stables, and making a beeline back home.

"Does he always have to be such a prat?" Charlotte groans as she and Finn head through the backroads. "Just ignore him, he's a right prick nowadays." Finn replies stealing the cigarette she was smoking and taking a puff, exhaling before she slapped the back of his head taking it back. "Whatcha reckon this meetings about then?" Finn asks. "Probably some shit to do with the horses." Charlotte replies.

"What happened whilst we were away?" Tommy questions Ada who was walking into the house. "What do you mean?" Ada replies hanging her coat up. "To Charlie. What happened to her?" Tommy says. "She grew up" Ada shrugs, "don't be smart with me Ada. Something happened and I want to know what." Tommy says standing and following her into the betting shop. "Couldn't tell you even if I knew. She hasn't told anyone." Ada replies. "Well when did whatever it was that happened, happen?" Tommy continued. "Just after her 15th birthday." Ada says, "Poll, do you know anyone called Gavin?" John asks coming out of his office. "No, sorry?" Polly replies. "Did you say Gavin? What did he want?" Tommy says. "Wants a meeting." John shrugs. "When?" Arthur grunts. "He wants it with Charlie. Says they had business whilst we were away." John tells them, flopping into a nearby seat. "He's lying." Ada scoffs. "Charlie, didn't do business. She did a few of the books, but mostly was protection." Polly tells them, confusion on her face. "He was at the Garrison the day we got back." Tommy says.

"Speaking of the little devil, where is the devious duo?" Arthur says. "Fuck knows. Stormed off." Tommy grunts. "Why would they do that?" Polly asks, raising an eyebrow at him as he lit a cigarette. "Disagreement" he shrugs. "What did you do?" Ada glares. "Why do you always assume I've done something?" Tommy says. "Because although you're a fucking good business man, you suck at understanding basic human emotions and boundaries." Polly says flicking his head. "It was a minor disagreement." Tommy answers, his tone showing that was the end of the conversation.

"They've got 5 minutes until I hunt them down" Arthur growls, noticing his two youngest siblings missing from the meeting, the front door opening just as he said that.

"Nice of you to join us" Polly says when the two enter the betting den. "You said 8, its 8." Charlotte says defensively. "Sit down and shut up" Tommy commands.

"I called this meeting because I got some news. From Ireland." Arthur says. "Nipper and Henry got back from Belfast last night. They were buying a stallion to cover their mares" he continued taking a drag from his cigarette, "they was in a pub on Shankhill road yesterday, say there was a copper in there handing out these." Arthur says handing out posters to each of the Shelby family.

"If you're over five feet and can fight, come to Birmingham" Finn reads out loud. "They're recruiting Irishmen to come over here as specials" Arthur summarises. "To do what?" Ada questions her oldest brother. "To clean up the city Ada" Charlotte sighs, and the family look confused at her knowledge. "Exactly. There's a chief inspector, for the last 4 years he's been clearing the IRA out of Belfast." Tommy says addressing the meeting. "How do you know so bloody much?" Arthur grunts. "I asked the coppers on our payroll." Tommy shrugs. "Why didn't ya tell me?" Arthur replies. "I'm telling you" Tommy says his blue eyes piercing into his brothers.

"So why are they sending them to Birmingham?" Charlotte asks suspiciously eyeing her brother. "There have been a lot of strikes at the Austen works and the BSA factory lately. Papers are talking sedition. Revolution-" "so it's the communists he's after" Charlotte interrupts earning a cold glare from Tommy. "So this copper, he will leave us alone, right?" Polly questions. "There are Irishmen in Green Lanes who left Belfast to get away from him. They say Catholic men who used to cross him, disappeared over night" Tommy replies and John pushes himself to his feet, "Yeah, but we ain't IRA, we fought for the fucking king." looking around he continues, "anyways we are peaky blinders, we ain't scared of no irish bloody copper. If they come for us, we'll cut them a smile... each"

Tommy scrunches up the flyer, looking around, "we will just have to be more careful. That's all" he says chucking it into the fire, before turning to pointedly look at Arthur, "So Arthur... is that it?"

The oldest Shelby gives a nod. But Polly eyes her nephew up suspiciously, "this family does everything open. You sure you have nothing else to add to this meeting, Tommy?" Polly asks. "Nothing that's a ladies business" he replies coolly. "That's bullshit, this whole fucking enterprise was 'ladies business' while you boys were away. What's changed?" Charlotte exclaims standing and matching Tommy's glare with one of her own. "We came back" he says before turning and walking out.

Letting out frustrated groan, Charlie head upstairs, John was about to follow her. "Leave it" Finn says knowing she needed a bit of space. "Does she tell you everything?" Arthur asks the youngest Shelby. "Practically everything." Finn shrugs. "What happened between her and a Gavin Whitbell?" Arthur inquires. "Nothing really... he used to be a regular at the pub. Stopped showing about a year and a half ago. They didn't talk much from what i saw. Gave me the creeps. Was like, he was always watching." Finn replies. "Is that all?" John says raising an eyebrow. "Yes..." Finn says, then continues.. "look, she doesn't like talking about whatever it is that's happened, she'll come around when she's ready to. But him pressuring her calling her she's an entitled brat, that he doesn't have time for her shit. That won't help anyone. If you want to help, just be there for her."

"He said that" John states and Finn nods. "What causes her panic attacks?" Arthur asks. "Phrases, some touches, some terms of endearments" Finn answers. "So what shouldn't we say." John asks. "So far... we've worked out not to say good girl, my dear and sweetheart. Also don't touch her shoulders or waist unless she can see that you're going to." Finn advises. "Alright, thanks Finn." Arthur sighs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.4K 1.4K 32
; sequel to soulmates ; they fought to stay together because nothing can get in the way of true love. COPYRIGHT 2018 © nocturnalamp
3.2K 53 14
A bunch of scenarios with the Keeper Of The Lost Cities crew that I wrote. All rights to Shannon Messenger
383K 13.7K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
11.4K 217 12
READ THE DAMN DESC!!! - Chaos grew and prospered where she walked, but not with him. She seemed calmer, less cold around him. Almost as if he was the...