Hate To Love You... (Hawks/Ke...

By Raphewel122

Keigo Takami, Number 2 Hero in Japan and Japan's heartthrob. The hero who broke all the rules to make them hi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chaptet 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue
~ Authors Note ~

Chapter 34

6K 231 127
By Raphewel122

Mumbling words to the song echoing around the kitchen, I stand at the kitchen counter with a small hum leaving my lips. Chicken slices were frying away in the pan while I chop up some onions and grate some cheese to sort out the homemade fried chicken panini that I'm making for Keigo's special lunch. A bento box sat on the island already full of some little chocolates in one compartment, some carrot and cucumber sticks with some sliced fresh tomatoes in another and some rice with sesame seeds and some fresh coriander. All it needed was the panini to finish it off and his lunch would be ready for him to dig into.

Since Keigo couldn't stay the evening last night, considering the girls and I had a little girls night, I thought I could make it up to him by making him a scrumptious lunch for looking after Angel. Sure, there were other ways to make things up to him (but food is always the best bet). So, here I was, trying to finish off his dinner before Angel manages to get her paws onto the food she shouldn't eat.

Speaking of the little dog, Angel was circling my legs with a small bark. Her bright blue eyes looking toward me, sparkling with need as I sort out the food. The dog licking her chops as she eyes the food that I make for Keigo, Angel's tail wagging happily as I reluctantly grab some chicken and set it down for her to dig into. Her eyes sparkle happily as she gets what she wants and wolfs it down while I quickly sort the panini and push the George Foreman down to cook the panini and melt the cheese.

Once it's made, I set it into the bento box and close the lid with a smile before setting it on the table by the front door to get myself ready. I whistle Angel over and kneel down in front of her to put her collar on her and make sure she's on her lead before sliding into my shoes and checking my appearance in my mirror. After grabbing my bag and the bento box, I click my tongue and open the front door to let Angel skip out of the house with me in tow.

With the front door locked, Angel and I begin our walk down the sidewalk. Angel's nose twitching and sniffling as she smells the streetlights nearby and the bushes enclosing everyone's front gardens that we walk past. Angel then basking in the attention that strangers and by-passers give her. Children cooing toward her and patting her snow white fur while adults make little comments about how 'gorgeous' she was.

Angel loves attention.

As we make our way down the sidewalk toward my boyfriends hero agency, I wave toward Yui as we walk past her. The girl on patrol as Mount Lady with her boyfriend, Kamui Woods, by her side. The cream haired woman smiles playfully toward me before kneeling down to pull Angel in for a big cuddle making me laugh as Kamui rolls his eyes and shakes his head at his girlfriend.

"Hello Angel," Yui coos, kissing the dogs cheek happily and ruffling her fur as the dog jumps at her and barks happily, "Where are you going? Are we going to the park? Or a dog friendly cafe to get that yummy cake for dogs that you love so much?"

"We're going to Keigo's office," I explain, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear before biting back a laugh as Angel sniffs around Kamui's legs, "I made him lunch to make up for leaving him out last night,"

"Awww, aren't you two cute?" Yui coos, pinching my cheek with a small giggle before leaning into her boyfriend, "Not as cute as Kamui and I, of course,"

"Angel! Don't!" I scold, watching as the dog slowly pulls her cocked leg back, Angel whines gently before padding toward the streetlight to go to the bathroom instead of on Kamui's foot, "How are you two?"

"Good, we better keep going," Kamui explains looking toward his girlfriend who curses under her breath and whines to herself as she smushes her face into her boyfriends shoulder. The male sighs and says sarcastically, "I know, I know, it's so hard being a hero isn't it? Being pretty isn't enough—"

"You think I'm pretty?" She asks, her purple eyes sparkling with happiness making Kamui groan as they walk off, "Awww! Kamui! You're so sweet!"

Giggling to myself at their adorable dynamic, I wave them goodbye before letting Angel lead the way to Keigo's agency. A smile on my lips as we finally reach the agency. It wasn't as busy as I expected but it was a really really huge building. It had to be one of the biggest agency buildings in Japan, I swear. Maybe it's because Keigo is mainly air based (since he's part bird) so it's a quick and easy way to reach to people.

Pulling Angel into my arms (so she doesn't run away and cause havoc), I walk into the building and nervously smile toward interns and sidekicks alike who send me looks as I walk toward the elevator. While I wait for the elevator to come to the floor I'm on, I look around to admire the reception area. Victims of villain attacks sitting in a lounge area with sidekicks comforting them. Interns talking with one another about things. Medics aiding wounded sidekicks through to the med bay. Finally, after what felt like eternity, the elevator doors slide open and I walk into them with a small hum before pressing the top floor.

Of course, Keigo's office was on the top floor.

Once the elevator doors close, I set Angel on her paws and let her sniff around the small elevator. Her tail wagging happily as she picks up on Keigo's scent. My eyes watch the little screen as the numbers change every few seconds as the lift goes up...

But before I reach Keigo's office, the elevator halts at a floor making me curse under my breath. Quickly, I pull Angel into my arms so she doesn't run out and wait for the doors to open before smiling gently toward the guy that walks in. My eyes widening slightly as I realise who it is.

It's Keigo's intern, Tokoyami!

The bird headed male nods my way and pushes one of the buttons before looking toward Angel who stares at him. Her tongue hanging out as she pants and licks her nose. Dark Shadow perched beside him staring at the dog with narrowed eyes.

"Hi Tokoyami," I greet softly, giggling to myself as Dark Shadow waves toward me, "How are you?"

"I'm good," he replies simply, gently petting Angel making the dog bark happily and lean into his touch, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm just here to visit Hawks, I made him lunch," I explain, gesturing to the bento box in my bag making him nod with a small smile as the elevator begins to move again, "You and Dark Shadow working hard?"

"Of course, being a hero is hard work and takes a lot energy," he begins, almost going off on a poetic tangent making me arch a brow with a small smile, "I feel as though my soul has left my body with how hard we've worked but it's very rewarding, much like teaching or helping the ones in need,"

"I see," I hum happily, my smile growing as I reach the top floor and the elevator doors slide open, "I'll see you around, Tokoyami! Bye!"

After waving Tokoyami goodbye, I leave the elevator and walk down the hallway toward the doors leading into Keigo's office. I nod toward his secretary who looks down at me through her thin, rimmed glasses making me bite my lip nervously before knocking on the door and clearing my throat gently while Angel barks gently, hoping that it may get his attention.

"Come in!"

With the confirmation that I can enter, I open up the door and walk into my boyfriends office with a smile. A giggle leaving my lips as Angel instantly jumps out of my arms and darts toward Keigo who chuckles and catches her in a matter of seconds. The male holding her close as she licks at his face with her tail wagging happily and bashing again it against his arm with a happy bark. Her ocean blue eyes sparkling with excitement as Keigo opens his drawer in his desk to get one of the treats out for her. The male sets Angel on her feet before setting the biscuit on her nose before giving her the all clear for her to eat it up. While Keigo showers Angel with affection, my eyes land on the other person in the office.

Endeavor.

Considering the last time I had an encounter with Endeavor wasn't the most positive experience, a small hint of anxiety claws its way into my stomach as I send him a strained smile. Clearing my throat, I set my bag down on the nearby couch in the corner before pulling out Keigo's bento box and walking toward my boyfriend and sharing a soft kiss with him.

"Hey baby bird," he coos, kissing my cheek as we pull away, a smile on his lips as Angel jumps onto the couch and curls up sleepily while I sit on the arm of Keigo's desk chair, "How was your morning? Get up to much?"

"Well I had a nice bubble bath," I reply, setting down his bento box on the desk and kissing his temple, "Made you some lunch, a fried chicken panini,"

"Ooh~" Keigo cheers, opening up the bento box to admire his lunch before gawking at the meal and then toward me with wide eyes and his mouth wide open, "This smells and looks absolutely amazing babe, you really like to spoil me huh?"

"Well, you spoil me all the time so it's only fair for me to spoil you from time to time," I hum, giggling as he peppers kisses all over my cheeks before grabbing the panini with his hands and digging into it, "Am I interrupting something?"

"Nah, Endeavor - san and I were just talking about patrol times, nothing too important," Keigo replies, chewing his panini and groaning in delight at how yummy is must be before cutting a bit off and holding it to me, "Try it,"

Biting back a laugh, I open up and let him plop the panini part into my mouth. Once in, I begin to chow down onto the food and groan in delight to myself. God I'm a good cook! My tastebuds sing with happiness as I swallow it down and rest my head against my boyfriends shoulder as he takes another bite. His wing subconsciously wrapping around me as he eats.

"Jealous, Endeavour - san?" Keigo teases as he looks toward his co worker who rolls his eyes and shakes his head and looks out the window of his office, "Spoils me rotten even when I don't deserve it,"

"I'll be leaving," Endeavor says looking toward Keigo who grins to himself as he scarfs down his panini before waving him goodbye, "Nice to see you again, Miss (L/n),"

"You too, Endeavor - san," I reply, watching him leave with a small smile before sliding into my boyfriends lap once the door is shut and snuggle into his warmth, the male chuckling gently and wrapping both wings around me, "How was your day? Anything interesting happen?"

"Was so boring until I saw you, baby bird," Keigo hums, kissing me gently making me giggle and kiss back before grabbing the bento box and letting him dig into the rice, "Well... other than... something else..."

"What do you mean?" I ask frowning gently, watching him swallow down the rice and set the bento box down before holding me close, "Kei... what's going on?"

Instead of answering me, Keigo grabs his phone and unlocks it gently before handing it to me once he's gotten it to where he wanted it. Sending him a small look, I look toward his phone screen before hitching my breath nervously. My hands squeezing Keigo's as I read over the message that someone has sent to him. An uneasy feeling in my stomach.

Hawks,
I'd keep an eye on your little piece
of eye candy if I were you...
Unknown, Sent 10:48

Wouldn't want someone to ruin
your little world of happiness, hm?
Unknown, Sent 11:08

Or maybe even... take her away~
Unknown, Sent 11:23

I'll be watching~
Unknown, Sent 11:45

In between two of the messages, was a picture of me in my home cooking. My eyes widening slightly as I realise something. That was taken today. Someone has been spying on me! Staring at me through the windows of my home and taking pictures of me. Slowly, I set the phone down before clinging to Keigo nervously as he rubs my back and kissing my forehead gently. His wings shielding me away from the windows around his office.

"I — I... what... I don't understand," I stammer nervously, burying my head into his neck and sniffling to myself, fear clawing at my heartstrings while Keigo rocks me gently, "What does this mean?..."

"We don't know yet, Endeavor - san and I are tracking the number as we speak," Keigo explains, trying to remain calm for me as I'm so close to breaking down petrified for my own safety, "We will be increasing patrols around your neighbourhood and I will be staying either with you or you'll be staying with me every day,"

"What about Amai?" I ask nervously, fiddling with the fluff of his jacket as I look up at him, "And Angel?"

"From what we know, they're targeting you," Keigo explains, rubbing my arms and resting my head on his shoulder as he rocks me, "But you will not leave my sight or Rumi's. If I can't be around, Rumi will or Yui will. You won't be on your own. I'm gonna install some security cameras in your home and I'm going to see if we can either blackout the windows or put them on dimmers,"

"Thank you..." I mumble softly, smiling weakly as Angel jumps into our laps and snuggles as she notices my worry, "Do you know why I'm being targeted?"

"I'm assuming it's because your my girlfriend, I can't think of another reason," He replies gently, rubbing my cheek as I lean into his hand and take a nervous breath, "I'm not going to let anything happen to you, I'm here for you and I'm going to protect you. I will find whoever this sicko is and I will personally see that he's incarcerated. No one will threaten you and get away with it, okay?"

"You're so sweet," I hum gently, clearing my throat as I try to ignore the tears rolling down my cheeks and kiss his cheek, "Thank you,"

"Hey, I would beat up the strongest villain out there if that meant that you'd be safe and sound," He explains, cupping my chin in his hand and pressing a gentle kiss to my lips, "I'm gonna find this bastard if it's the last thing I'll do, I love you so much,"

"I love you too," I hum, snuggling into his warmth and drawing small circles on his chest, "Bird Brain,"

"She's back," Keigo coos, chuckling gently and poking my nose as I slide off his lap and push myself to my feet with a small smile, "Wanna maybe take a walk in the park? We can play catch with Angel over there,"

"Sounds like a plan,"...

"Come on then, Angel Cakes! Let's go show your mama what tricks I taught you last night!"...

"You taught her tricks? Now this I gotta see!"...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69K 1.6K 15
As a third year in UA you were expected to do great things, although no one truly appreciated you or your quirk the pro hero Hawks did. He might of a...
112K 2.4K 24
{completed} "... π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ 𝑖 𝑔𝑒𝑒𝑠𝑠 π‘¦π‘œπ‘’π‘™π‘™ π‘›π‘’π‘£π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘˜π‘›π‘œπ‘€ π‘Žπ‘™π‘™ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘π‘’π‘™π‘™π‘ β„Žπ‘–π‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ 𝑝𝑒𝑑 π‘šπ‘’ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘’π‘”β„Ž" you'...
222K 10.4K 107
All Might is retired. The evil All For One is behind bars. Villains run rampant and pine after the newly dethroned underworld. And (Y/N)'s license e...
2M 88.8K 179
1ST PLACE IN 2020 BNHA AWARDS FOR BOTH BEST CHARACTERXOC STORY & BEST NARRATION. Cover picture of Ari and Keigo drawn by @_special_donut_fp "This is...