Because I loved you

Beginne am Anfang

Kimiko watches Y/L/N leave before eyeing Azumane suspiciously. "Did you two fight?"

Azumane widens his eyes with a raised brow. "W-What makes you think that?"

"The two of you haven't spoken more than a few words lately. It's also rare for Ms. Y/L/N to ever leave the office this early in the day. It's only noon. You've also avoided her when she would initiate a conversation." Kimiko points out all the things she's observed between her two coworkers the past two weeks. Azumane grows embarrassed at the thought and he tries to steer the conversation back to work.

"I think the client would prefer this dress to be looser at the ends." Azumane clears his throat, tapping his pen on the tail of the dress. Kimiko sighs, shaking her head with a small smile.

🏐・゚゚・。.

You idle in a parking lot with another sigh escaping from you when you rest your forehead against your steering wheel. You didn't expect to be this depressed about your friendship with Azumane. You've also come to the realization that you have no one to talk about this to. Your grandfather no longer around to hear about your troubles. And the last thing you want to do is reach out to that rooster head.

"Ugh..." You groan under your breath, forcing your eyes closed. The chime of your phone pulls you out of your self sadness. The caller ID surprising you.

"Kenma?" You whisper his name to yourself. Extending your hand for your phone that sits in your cup holder, you answer it. "Hello?"

"Hey Y/N." Kozume's low voice meets your ear. An awkward silence fills the call and you're unsure if you should say hello to his hello. But you hear a loud honk on his end. The same honk you hear in your surrounding area.

Tilting your head, you look around. You startle when Kozume's face suddenly appears by your driver side window. You let out a squeal, clasping a hand over your chest. Kozume stifles his chuckle and he lowers his phone away from his ear. You press a button to lower your driver side window.

"What the fuck Kenma?" Your voice is trembling and you feel your heart still race from the surprise.

"You still hate surprises." Kozume mutters more to himself than to you when he speaks.

"Why did you call me if you were nearby?" You lower your phone back into the cup holder. Kozume lowers himself so he's not staring down at you. He crosses his arms and rests them on the opening of the driver window.

"I wasn't sure if it was you, so I called to see if the person in the car would answer. Luckily, it is you."

You eye the golden eyed man.

"You look a bit depressed. Is everything okay?" Kozume carries the conversation. Something he rarely does. He's more of a listener but today he seems to be more talkative. You wonder if it's his way to make you feel comfortable. The two of you only converse about the project and nothing out of that general topic.