Chapter 1: Why d'ya have to be so cute? It's impossible to ignore you...

⚠️DISCLAIMER⚠️
I know some people don't like these kinds of fics (crossover or rare pair fics especially where idols that haven't interacted) so I should say this:
- I am aware that Sungchan and Soobin haven't talked or had a proper interaction, so this is a work of fiction, nothing more, I would never force any form of relationship or interaction between them, I respect them and admire them.
If these kinds of fics makes you uncomfortable, I'm really sorry-

----

Like most first times, it all started with a greeting and a innocent question:

"Hi, what's your name?"

But before the other boy could answer, Soobin drew a deep breath as those gentle and sparkly eyes filled with nervousness looked at him with acknowledgement.

"Jung Sungchan"- He bowed politely, dedicating him a smile- "It's a pleasure to meet you, Soobin-sunbaenim"

"L- likewise"- Soobin mentally slapped himself, readying himself as he stood on the right side of the corner, next to Sungchan who was on the step.

Arin, who usually stands on the right side, where Soobin was, glanced at him confused and said:

"Soobinnie, you're on the left side..."

The boy then nodded, glancing at everyone nervously, and blushing deeply in embarrassment:

"Sure, right"- He bowed to Arin as he laughed- "I'm sorry"

The members of NCT laughed at the clumsy leader of TXT but he ignored them, his eyes briefly landing on the taller ones; he noticed that Sungchan wore a happy smile and the nervousness he previously had on his eyes was long gone, which made the MC boy's embarrassment fade away, to be replaced with relief... which he found weird but paid not too much attention.

The interview then started, the cameras were now focused on them, and Arin had started to speak, but Soobin couldn't look away, and it seemed that Sungchan either, so then when they locked eyes once again, that's when he felt something on his chest, a spark, like a comfortable flame where his heart was.

He felt confused... then he felt the eyes of the others on him, so he looked rapidly to the cameras and smiled, opened his mouth and spoke up.

The thing with Choi Soobin is that he always thought that his love life would start with Choi Yeonjun, the older thought the same, but at the end it didn't work out, both preferring silently to stay as really close friends. Sure, they had kissed here and there, but it just... it broke a spell they both had formed with the years of knowing each other and it left them thinking: was it love? Was it friendship? Kindred spirits?

Both boys had trouble for a couple of months due to their conflicted feelings for each other, yet they somehow managed to work out at the end all thanks to Taehyun who locked them in their dorm and didn't let them out until both resolved their problems once and for all.

They were best friends; Soobin trusted Yeonjun fully and vice versa, there were no secrets between them, none, so because of that that's why the leader found himself standing on the older's room door with a spooked expression on his face.

"Soobin"- Yeonjun looked at him scared, leaving his phone on the bed- "What happened?"

The leader stood there for a couple of seconds and then he just walked away, leaving a really deeply concerned and -even more confused- Yeonjun, who stood up from the bed and dashed to grab Soobin's arm, pulling him to a halt.

"Wait, how can you just storm out like that? What's happening? Why are you so pale?"- The elder exclaimed- "Soobin-"

"It's nothing, just-"- The leader drew a deep breath- "I'm just tired, that's it, that's probably what it was"