Chapter 1

Have you ever had a moment in time where you have felt so unbelievably upset? I have. Christmas was an important time for my family, except this year it wasn't. My Mom and Dad left me and my twin brother, Arthur, home alone this Christmas so they could jet off to a different country. This year wouldn't feel the same. No family to spend Christmas with. Our cousins hardly came to visit and our grandparents always stayed home, they didn't get on particularly well with my parents.

Day before Christmas Eve:
I woke to the sound of 'Sleigh Ride' playing downstairs on extremely loud volume. I got in the shower and then when I was out, threw on some casual clothes to chill in. I went downstairs.
"Arthur!!! Will you turn the music down?!" I said, annoyed.
"What?!" He said.
"Turn it down!!" I repeat.
"I can't hear you!" He said. I stomp over to the TV and turn it off, causing the music to stop.
"What'd you do that for?!" He Cried.
"It was too loud." I frown, "Anyway, I'll go make us some breakfast." I said, walking over to the kitchen and making us both a stack of pancakes each. I placed them onto plates and topped them with maple syrup and fruit. I took them to the breakfast bar and sat down.
"Breakfast is done, Art." I said.
He comes over and sits down beside me. I begin to eat, as Arthur slowly eats his. He looked upset.
"Art, why are you messing with your food? Did I make them horrible?" I asked.
"No." He replied, sharply.
"Your mad at me?" I asked.
"No." He said again. A tear rolls down his cheek.
"Christmas won't be the same." He said, sadly. I sigh.
"I know." I said, understandably, putting a hand on his shoulder.
"I don't even think Mom and Dad care about us!" He cried.
"Arthur!! Don't say that! Of course they care! If they didn't care they wouldn't do the amount of things they do for us! What about the time when you passed out and Mom came running to you with fear in her eyes?!" I asked, annoyed.
"If they cared they wouldn't have left us all by ourselves at the most important time of the year!" He yelled, standing up and running upstairs to his bedroom. His bedroom door slammed loudly. I sighed. I walked on over to my art cupboard and pulled out a notepad and pen. I sat down and began to write a letter to Santa. It read:

Dear Santa,
I may be 16 and too old for writing letters to you now but I have one request. Only one. My request is for my parents to be back for Christmas. I can't imagine having this Christmas without them. We've had yearly traditions ever since we were babies! Please help.

Yours sincerely,
Alexander Griffin.

I went out to the local food store and picked up some baking stuff along with some gifts to wrap for Arthur. I also got a few presents for my older Sister who lived quite a while away and had recently given birth to a baby girl, Naomi. I got a couple for the baby, a couple for my Sister and a couple for my Sister's partner.

I went home and wrapped them. I managed to get one of my cousins to go and drop off the presents at my Sister's house.

"Hey, Arthur! Help me make some home made Christmas Cookies!" I said, smiling.
"What's even the point anymore? Barhumbug." He scowled. I looked over, angrily.
"Don't help then!" I yelled, storming to the kitchen. I made the cookies myself snd afterwards left them to cool whilst I took a shower. Tears rolled down my face as I showered, the sadness from this mess that Christmas was in. I sighed.

A/N: I am so sorry this chapter has been boring! I will make the rest better 💗