——-

Jackson was kind enough to walk her to the door where she found her family driver waiting for her. Tommy's driver Ron had left and her families driver returning, like Tommy had never happened.

"Will you be okay?" Jackson asked her as he opened her door, sensing that she wasn't herself.

"I'll be fine" she smiled at him "I'll see you in the morning"

Jackson didn't believe her, it was obvious from the look he gave her as he slowly closed her door. With a small wave she said goodbye and sank into the car seat, thankful that it was dark so she could cry without judgment.

——-

Tommy was furious as he stormed into The Garrison later on that evening where Arthur was waiting for him with a bottle of whiskey. Once the first drink was in his blood he simmered slightly before returning into their old spot.

"Did you get it?" Tommy demanded as he shot back another drink.

"Steady Tom" Arthur nervously laughed "Yeah its at the docks with Charlie"

"Good" he growled as he poured another drink and gulped it down, ignoring the burn in his throat "Tell Charlie to move it first thing tomorrow"

"Will do" Arthur mumbled as he watched his brother spiral. It was usually Arthur that would sink his feelings into a bottle of whiskey but now he was seeing it from the other side "What's eating you?"

"Nothing"

"Don't seem like nothing Tommy. You've been on one all day"

Tommy glared over at his brother, a warning not to test him but Arthur wasn't fazed by it this time.

"What she do now eh?"

Tommy slammed his hand down at the table at the mere mention of her. All day he had tried to forget about her and the fucking situation he was in and Arthur had undone it with a simple question.

"Ah thought as much" Arthur mumbled into his drink.

"Just drop it Arthur" he spat through gritted teeth, memories flooding to the forefront of his brain. Most specifically the look on her face when he left her house the previous evening.

"Women are nothing but trouble, don't let it eat you alive brother. There's plenty of em' out there and less complicated ones at that"

Tommy knew his brother meant well that why he stood up and left the room instead of using his fist to get the message across. Arthur had no idea about the type of 'complicated' woman he had been dealing with, no fucking idea at all.

----

It had been three days since either of them had spoken. Olivia expected the space to give her clarity on the situation but it only made her grief worse. Every waking moment she had spent over analyzing their relationship, cringing at the way she had behaved and wishing things had been different.

Ivie had been as sympathetic as she could given Olivia's behavior and tried to offer support but it was futile. The damage was already done and Ivie couldn't see a way out for her friend. Instead on the evenings she had wrapped her arm around her and kept them both busy.

On the fourth day Olivia was completely swamped with work due to a factory fire that had happened that morning. As she rushed from room to room she had a small reprieve from her own head and worked until she could barely stand.

Just as she was about to go into the next patients room she was told she had a phone call waiting at the nurses stations.

"This is Miss Heart" she breathed as she began looking down at her next patients notes.

"Hello Olivia" Polly said, her voice light and airy down the phone. Not the familiar tone of Polly Grey.

Olivia felt her pulse quicken as Polly caught her full attention "Polly, is everything okay?" 

"Not really" she said quickly "We think Katie's sick and Esme is refusing to bring her to the hospital"

"Polly you need to get her here if you're worried. That way a doctor can check her over properly" Olivia felt relief sweep over her body, they weren't going to talk about Tommy and she was incredibly grateful for the small mercy.

"I've tried. Esme isn't a fan of doctors. Look I know I'm asking a lot of you but could you come this evening to check her over?"

"Polly I'm not a doctor"

"You're as good as one. Please Olivia, for my peace of mind? this family doesn't need anymore heartbreak"

Grimacing Olivia looked up at the ceiling, trying to pull some strength so that she could do this "Okay I'll be there tonight"

-----

A few hours later once Polly had finished up the latest accounts she picked up her phone and asked the operator for arrow house. The sullen tone of Thomas Shelby could not be missed as he picked up the phone.

"What is it Polly? I'm busy"

"Too busy for your family?" she snapped back "It's Katie, she's not well and Esme is refusing to take her to the hospital"

Tommy sighed down the phone and she knew he was pinching his nose, trying to stop the explosion of anger he felt towards Esme and her old gypsy values.

"What do you want me to do Polly?"

"Go persuade John to do the right thing. You know he'll listen to you"

Tommy sighed down the phone and she knew she was close. There was two things in this world that Tommy would never ignore and one was his family. They where the most important part of him and he would never leave them standing alone.

"Fine" he growled before slamming the phone down and ending their short call.