Chapter Forty-Three

Start from the beginning

"Ronald would like me to tell you – that Seamus told him – that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid's looking for you," Hermione struggled with the whole message.

"Is that right? Well – what?" Harry looked at her in confusion.

"Uhhh..." Hermione walked back to Ron and argued again is a whisper.

Roman rolled his eyes and sighed, "Just tell us the message, Weasley, it'd be easier."

Ron sent Roman a glare. Hermione returned to Harry; her face even more confused.

"Dean was told by Parvati that... please don't make me say it again..." Hermione sighed, "Hagrid's looking for you."

"Well, you can tell Ronald –"

"I'm not an owl!" Hermione snapped.

Hermione went back to Ron, grabbed Ginny and they both walked away from Harry. Ron sent Harry one last nasty look before he left.

"Well, that wasn't awkward at all." Roman dug his hands in his pants pocket. "Why'd you think Hagrid needs to see you?"

"Dunno, but I think it must be important." Harry shrugged.

"Huh," Roman walked up to Harry's side. "I never remember a time we didn't go to Hagrid and didn't get into trouble."

"Why did you suddenly bring that up?"

"Just a realization," Roman shrugged.

~*~

Theodore snickered as he read the article written by Rita Skeeters in the Daily Prophet. He doesn't usually read Skeeter's work, knowing how she would always spin her words to get the feedback she wants, but after getting a glimpse of the first article she made, it became a guilty pleasure for him to read nonsensical things. And at the moment, he was enjoying the part of Harry's interview. Carina, who was busy translating her part for their project, stopped with her writing and turned to Theodore, who was very amused with what he was reading.

"What the bloody hell are you reading that got you snickering like the devil?" Carina asked.

"Here, look at this," Theodore opened the paper and pointed at the part of the article. "I didn't know you and Potter were secret-lovers."

Carina's eyes widened in shock, she grabbed the paper and read the whole paragraph. Her face turned red just reading about it, and how did Rita Skeeters know that she and Harry have been spending a lot of time lately? It wasn't like she was around to roam the grounds!

"Oh, shut up – and why in Merlin's beard did she have to put in who my father was – it's not like it's important!" Carina crumpled the paper and threw it away.

Theodore, with magic, took the paper from the ground and fixed it with a simple Reparo spell.

"Look who's gone a long way," Theodore smirked. "You used to be scared when we talked about your father, and now you're not even affected by it. Finally, getting that Gryffindor bravery your lot's supposed to have? And, I'm sure you know why – it's quite a scandal if you look at it in other people's eyes... well, a scandal for those who can't seem to let go of the past that is."

Carina fell silent, she needed to understand that no everyone knew about Sirius' innocence, the only ones that do were her, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Roman, Remus, Dumbledore, and Vivian. The rest? They still believe that he's a supporter of Voldemort, who betrayed Harry's parents. If someone noticed her suddenly defending Sirius' name, they would suspect her to have helped him escape – though she did – and probably have her arrested.