Prologue

Prologue

I see everything as nothing but red.

Red means yes.

Red means go.

Red means good.

Red is not just a color that one's eyes perceive, it's a lifestyle, the reason for existence, and the meaning of life to me. What even is this world if red doesn't exist?

I walked down a dark corridor, my high heels clattering away the silence, until I reached the end where a single room stood.

A smirk formed on my red lips.

I held the metallic knob and gradually opened the door. My eyes and whole attention dropped to the guy bathing in his own blood. His heart was separated from his body.

He's dead.

I went toward him. I rarely get mesmerized because I am the most enthralling thing that's ever blessed in this world next to red but it's safe to say this guy caught my attention.

"Lady Nathalia. We are going to clean the room now," a voice creaked on my back.

I took off my red gloves.

"Get out of here," I said.

I sat down and caressed the face of the guy. I wiped the blood on the side of his lips using my thumb and licked it.

I gasped and craved for more.

"I was hurt when you declined to get my contact number. But little did you know, you won't just get that. You will be with me for the rest of your life. Forever."

I bit my right arm and watched it bleed. I dropped my blood on his slightly opened lips. Just enough blood from me.

My wound healed up.

Just a few seconds from now, you will be mine forever.

I ran my fingers through his silky black hair. Just as I thought, it was as smooth as his face and as fragrant as his blood. Just one thing I haven't tasted yet.

He gasped.

Through his confused bloody eyes, he asked, "Who are you?"

I smiled. "I should be the one asking you that. Who are you?"

He looked muddled even more.

"I-I don't know..."

I leaned towards him. "Do you want to know?"

He nodded.

He watched me kiss him.

Just what I expected... so soft.

"I am Lady Nathalia. You are... mine."