Chapter 69: All Is Fair In Love & War

Start from the beginning

"Take those two away, I want to keep the Granger sisters, let's have a little bit of fun, shall we?" Bellatrix smiled maliciously.

"No! No!" Ron yelled as he and Harry were dragged away by a couple death eaters.

"Bellatrix don't--" Draco's father nudged him with his cane and he stayed quiet. One of these days I'll show him where he could shove his stupid cane.

"Let's start with..." she took out her wand and pointed at each of us, "innie, mini, minie, you." She finally ended up pointing at Mione, before I could do anything she was on top of her, pinning her to the ground. I ran to approach her when Wormtail suddenly came up behind me, holding my hands behind my back tightly despite my struggling.

"You have the sword... where did you get it?!" Bellatrix traced her wand over Hermione's thin face menacingly. She's so thin. Has she been eating? What a stupid question, she's probably been too busy trying to stay alive, though none of us might come out of this alive. Hermione didn't say anything and simply started whimpering in fear. "Where did you get it?! Where?"

"We found it. PLEASE." She begged Bellatrix for mercy, though we all knew mercy was not in this cruel woman's blood.

"Liar! You're a lying, filthy mudblood. You got into my vault at Gringotts, I know you did. Tell me the truth!" She dug her wand deeper into Hermione's neck and Hermione screamed out in pain.

"HERMIONE!" Ron and I screamed at the same time, feeling desperately useless.

"Tell me the truth!" She dug her nails into Hermione's arm and I could already imagine the bruises that would show up tomorrow. That is, if I get to see her tomorrow.

"I didn't take anything! PLEASE! I didn't take anything! It's not real. It's just a copy. It's just a copy. I didn't take anything." Mione's tears wiped away the dirt covering her thin cheeks as they fell.

"Liar! Maybe this will teach you not to lie to your superiors. Cru-" Bellatrix raised her wand over Hermione, about to perform the toruture curse.

"NO! WAIT! STOP! Me! I took it! I gave it to her! She didn't take anything. It wasn't her." I begged, finally ripping free from Wormtail's hold and throwing myself in between them, pushing Hermione away.

"Katerina! What the hell are you doing?! Bellatrix don't." Draco warned her, though Bellatrix being Bellatrix of course, didn't listen, she grabbed my hair and pulled me towards her.

In the temporary distraction Draco created I saw Harry and Ron suddenly come out of the cellar, wands firing at every enemy in this household. Harry's face had finally appeared and when we thought all hope was lost we all suddenly heard a slow creaking above us, turning ahead towards the roof we saw Dobby coming down, slowly unscrewing the chandelier. If we weren't in the situation we were in I probably would have laughed at how noisy this is, but alas, here we are.

Everything happened in a blur, I saw Luna, Ollivander, Ron, and Harry, take Hermione and Dobby and start to try to leave. Mione looked at me, stretching her hand out for me to take it in the short window of time we had left to escape, yet I shook my head no.

I came here for a reason, and I intend to fulfill it. I'm so sorry Mione.

We locked eyes for a second and I watched as her face dropped with disappointment and she had tears streaming down her cheeks, before I knew it, my friends had all disappeared and I was left at the mercy of Bellatrix Lestrange and the rest of the Malfoy family and death eaters there.

Bellatrix seemed to remember I was there and pulled harder on my hair.

"Bellatrix. Leave her. She'll leave if you let her go, I'll make sure she leaves. Just let go of her." Draco tried to command his aunt.