Chapter 13: The Fight

Comenzar desde el principio

We all run to the field, standing in our designated spot.
Madame hooch grabs the trunk, placing it in the middle of the field, and unlatching it.

"Eyes!" She screams.
We all quickly shut our eyes, giving the golden snitch enough time to scatter without anyone seeing it and having an advantage.

I wait a few moments in anticipation.

Finally I hear,

"Brooms up!"

I mount my broom and race off into the sky. I spot Pansy out of the corner of my eye, and Blaise is right next to her. Pansy has the Quaffle already, and I see Fred and George coming toward her with Bludgers in hand.
I race over, helping them get the Quaffle from her. They pin her to the wall, causing her to try to pass to Blaise.
Pansy lifts the Quaffle, and chucks it hard in Blaises direction, but I quickly make my way between them, snatching it midair.

I fly the other direction quickly, heading straight for the goals.
Out of the corner of my eye, I see Harry and Draco racing next to each other, trying to gain a view on the snitch.
Blaise is right on my tail, and Crab and Goyle are ahead of me, Bludgers in hand and blocking my only path to the keeper zone.
I glance over, seeing Angelina with her arms wide, a bit past Crab and Goyle.
Quickly, I chuck the Quaffle toward her, her catching it and racing off to the goal.
Angelina pulls the Quaffle back, chucking it at the score zone, the Slytherin goalie missing it by a few inches, and it entering into the middle hoop, scoring for Gryffindor.

I scream loudly, throwing my fist into the air.
I race over to Angelina, perching myself next to her in midair.

"Nice one Angelina!" I say.

She smiles.

"Couldn't of done it without that pass. Team effort." She says, reaching her hand out for a fist bump.
I oblige, giving her a quick bump and smiling at her.

"10 points to Gryffindor!" Hooche yelled from below us.

....

The rest of the game went by fairly quickly, and the Gryffindor team held a constant lead. Harry ended up catching the snitch, leaving Draco angry and embarrassed that he'd been beaten. After the game, we were given a few minutes to cool down on the field, so Ron, Harry, Ginny, Hermione, Angelina, Fred and I all stood together, drinking water and catching our breath.

"Pure luck." I hear suddenly, coming from behind me.

Draco walks slowly up to us, Crab, Goyle, Blaise, and Pansy all following closely behind him.
I roll my eyes.

"Just take the loss Malfoy." I plead.

Draco scoffs.

"You think I'd take a loss? From a half-blood?" He spits.
"Not a chance."

I scoff back.

"Then maybe you should do better. Try catching the snitch for once. I'm sure it's missed your touch, it's been quite a while." I tease angrily.

Draco's face turns red, and I know that he is clearly angry with that comment.
His eyes go back to Fred and George.

"Maybe you should control your bitch Weasley." Draco spits.