Chapter Thirty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"Over here, Arthur! Over here! Son, we've got it!"

Turning to the sound, they saw three tall figures come from the other side of the hilltop. Two of the three being very familiar to the teenagers as they went to Hogwarts as well, while the man with said familiar faces, was a stranger to them.

"Amos!" Mr. Weasley greeted the older man. He shook the man's hand then turned to introduce him to the children. "This is Amos Diggory, everyone. He works for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. And I think you know his sons, Cedric and Morgan?"

Cedric and Morgan smiled at the crowd. Morgan, fidgeting at his place as he did. The sight of Morgan had Carina and Roman grinning and running to the golden-haired boy's side and brought him to an embrace. Morgan slightly blushed when it was Roman's turn that his hair turned pink, an action that his father did not mis and was not too happy about.

"It's good to see you again! How come you never wrote this summer?" Roman asked.

"I've been busy," Morgan answered too quickly. "How are you two? Roman, you've been working out?"

"You noticed?" Roman made a pose to show off his muscles, which made Morgan blush even more. "Yeah, I need to get in shape for Quidditch."

"No, no, no, once he starts with Quidditch he won't stop!" Carina covered her ears.

"Hello, Carina," Cedric greeted her.

"Hello, Cedric," Carian greeted with a dreamy smile, which earned an eye roll from Roman, Harry, Ron, Fred, and George.

"I have something I want to talk to you about," Cedric said, as he gestured for Carina to walk beside him. He made sure to send a teasing wink at his brother as he left him with Roman. Alone.

"What was that?" Roman asked, his brow raised.

"My brother being a complete idiot, that's what," Morgan answered. "Come on, before we get left behind."

As Carian and Cedric walked ahead of the group of teenagers, Roman and Morgan walked a few steps behind them, and the rest simply watched as the two pairings went on with their little conversations. Most of them were staring at Carina and Cedric, who talked about... something, while Ron and Hermione had their attention at Roman and Morgan, who seems to be a little too close.

"What's with Roman, all goody-goody with Morgana Diggorina?" Ron muttered.

Hermione elbowed him for calling Morgan such a name, "Stop it, that's not nice – and for your information, they've always been friends."

"A bit too close for friends if you look at it," Ron nodded at Morgan and Roman's closeness. "And what about Carina and Cedric Diggory? Since when did that happen?"

"Last year," Harry answered.

"Well, it's weird, and they should stop," Ron said.

"Ron!" Hermione chastised.

They all continued to walk, searching for the portkey. After a few more minutes, Mr. Weasley called out as he found the boot that would take them to the World Cup. All thirteen of them held on to the boot, squeezing the small spaces. And just as Mr. Weasley checked his watch, he called out to everyone to hold on tight at the boot. The sudden feeling of being pulled at their navels and the force of them spinning fast came. They all looked like ragged dolls spinning around until Mr. Weasley called out to them to let go.

"LET GO!"

"WHAT?!"

"LET GO!"

They let go. The twins, Ginny, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Carina, Roman, and Maisie fell on their stomachs, groaning in pain as they tried to comprehend what just happened. above them, they could see Mr. Weasley and the Diggorys landing safely on the ground.