"Su Min, why aren't you going? Have we arrived?" Lin Xiao Yan asked.

"No, I was going to turn a corner-just feeling my way around. Don't worry, and don't open your eyes." Su Min hastily replied.

Icy fingertips captured his hands, taking them away from the handrails and into a world of ice and snow.

Su Min knew that the other man wanted to pull him along.

He licked his lips, wondering if he should claim back his hands or let Jing Xian guide him down the stairs.

Thinking carefully, Jing Xian had never once hurt him. In fact, every time the ghost appeared, he would turn peril into safety.

Su Min lifted his foot.

Without an inkling to this exchange, Lin Xiao Yan and Lin Yiri trailed behind him.

Hand in hand, step by step, Su Min blindly followed Jing Xian.

His senses, with the exception of his ears, were all focused on his hands. It felt...odd.

Only after he walked a certain distance did he realized that he forgot to count the steps.

Su Min shook his head, trying to shake off his unusual thoughts. He wondered how he should thank Jing Xian the next time he sees the ghost.

Should he burn some paper money? What would be a good thing to burn?

Due to all these chaotic thoughts in his mind, Su Min almost didn't feel Jing Xian stopping.

"Fortunately, I have not let you down2." Su Min heard the ghost say.

Without warning, he felt a touch of ice brush against his lips. When he opened his eyes, there was nothing in front of him.

The coldness faded until it completely disappeared.

https://naedatranslations.home.blog/

The three of them were now standing on the first floor of the office building. Behind them was the staircase they didn't know whether or not had an ending.

Lin Yiri got in front of Su Min, asking, "What are you looking at? We came out already, let's get out of here."

"I'm not looking at anything." Su Min retracted his gaze.

He buried the thoughts in his heart.

Lin Xiao Yan hugged her arms. "Quickly go or else, even if we jump into the Yellow River tomorrow, we won't be washed clean. I don't know if the cameras caught us."

"That's unlikely," Su Min said. "When ghosts appear, the surveillance will be faulty."

-Just like in the daytime when the two rode on the elevator.

However, they really ought to leave; staying here any longer was pointless. They had to get out before the security guards discovered that someone broke the door to the office building.

Outside, the moon hung high in sky.

Su Min abruptly stopped. "Wait, I heard something fell down before. Let's go and take a look."

"Okay," Lin Yiri agreed, having also heard the sound.

The office building was encircled by a lawn, and surrounding that lawn were shrubs and bushes. Besides the greenery, there was nothing to see.

Not even a big stone.

Su Min was a bit confused.

He clearly remembered hearing a noise. In the end, what fell? Was it something...or someone?