Chapter 22: Alive

Start from the beginning

Taehyun nods his head a bit intimidated as Ryujin stands up with Beomgyu on her back. Her heart breaks hearing him groan behind her and she starts to panic once she feels the blood dripping down her back. Her eyes widen and she quickly puts him down. Taehyun and Chaeryeong run to her side as Ryujin doesn't hesitate to rip open Beomgyu's shirt.

Her eyes widen and Taehyun hides Chaeryeong from the sight. He had a shard of glass jabbed onto his collarbone. Ryujin couldn't control her tears anymore as she places her hand on his thinking of a way to save him. Taehyun couldn't help but freeze. His friend was dying in front of him and he couldn't help him at all.

But that wasn't the only thing they were worried about.

The smell of Bomegyu's blood attracted a crowd around them and it wasn't a fun crowd.

Chaeryeong stutters, "G-guys!" The two turn and notice the horde of zombies slowly making their way towards them. Ryujin's heart stops not knowing what to do and Taehyun could only think of one idea but it meant that Ryujin and Chaeryeong had to leave the two.

Taehyun whispers, "You two run, I'll-" Ryujin turns to him and hisses, "If you think I can just leave you two, then you're an idiot. We have to-"

Taehyun raises his voice uncharacteristically, "YOU HAVE TO RUN! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND THIS IS THE ONLY ANSWER!" Chaeryeong stares at him as he snaps in anger with hints of tears in his eyes. Ryujin stands her ground, "No, I'm not gonna leave you like mom left me. We're gonna find a way-"

"AHHHH!"

Ryujin and Taehyun suddenly turn to Chaeryeong as she can't help but kick a zombie's face away from her. She starts to back up and they end up cornered with an unconscious Beomgyu by their side. He quickly pulls Chaeryeong behind him and grabs a nearby metal rod he found on the ground.

Chaeryeong stares at Taehyun's back as he winds up his arms and swings at a zombie's head with full force. Ryujin gets startled feeling Beomgyu's hand move and she quickly turns to him. He slowly opens his eyes as he starts to regain his consciousness. Ryujin whispers in a broken voice, "D-don't talk. Save your strength, we'll get out of this okay? Just don't close your eyes."

Beomgyu can't help but lose strength from the blood dripping from his wound as his eyes start to flutter close. Ryujin panics and gently slaps his cheek, "Y-yah! I said don't close your eyes. You can't die on me Choi Beomgyu! You promised to protect me and you have to stay alive."

Beomgyu can't move from the soreness from the crash and his rapid lost of blood starts to get the best of him. He takes the advise and stays silent as his half-lidded eyes meet Ryujin's. She smiles trying to reassure him but she was lying. Ryujin was lying to herself and to Beomgyu. She didn't believe they would get out of this situation. But she had to do something so he wouldn't give up and maybe tricking her mind into thinking that they could have a chance of survival was the answer.

Taehyun's eyes widen feeling a hand grip his ankle but Chaeryeong mustered up the courage to kick the zombie arm away. He turns to meet her eyes and she whispers, "H-how can I help?" Taehyun points at the bag and says, "Gun, hurry!" Without hesitation, Chaeryeong grabs the bag and opens it revealing the gun Beomgyu brought.

With shaky hands, Chaeryeong loaded it and aimed at the zombies. Taehyun turned to check on her after he smashed another zombie's head and says, "If you're scared, I can-" She instantly says, "NO! You helped me too much and I've been a coward for too long!" Taehyun turns to meet her eyes and sudden flame of ambition and courage fills her eyes. Chaeryeong says, "I'll be fine. We'll be fine."

Taehyun nods his head silently as Chaeryeong tries her best to steady her aim and start unloading bullets onto zombies approaching. But it felt like their efforts were useless because they came in an unlimited wave. It didn't seem like they were thinning the herd as more zombies showed up and charged at them.

Chaeryeong was about to run out of bullets.

Taehyun was getting tired from the heavy metal rod and constant swinging.

Beomgyu was losing his consciousness and blood.

Ryujin couldn't leave his side or let him go.

It just seemed so hopeless.

"HEY ZOMBIES SHITS!"

Ryujin unknowingly turns from Beomgyu's eyes as Chaeryeong and Taehyun exchange confused glances hearing a loud yell from across the street.

That same voice yells, "IS THERE ANYONE IN THERE!? OR ARE THE ZOMBIES JUST RANDOMLY GOING TO THAT ONE SPOT?"

Chaeryeong musters the last of her strength and shrieks her voice, "HELPPPPP!!!!!"

Suddenly, several loud gunshots are heard and the several zombies start to drop. The voice yells, "WE'RE SENDING SOMEONE TO GET YOU! DON'T MOVE!"

The four wait patiently as the group of guns light ablaze out on the streets and the once hopeless situation looked saved.

Suddenly, a lady walks in the convenience store and Ryujin instinctively pointed her gun at her. Her eyes widen and her grip on the gun tightens as she glances at her mother standing right at the entrance.

Mina's eyes widen as she stares back at the group of teens. She whispers, "I thought I told you to go to the hotel."

Ryujin glares at her with teary eyes as three other people show up behind Mina. The short fair skinned girl stares at them in awe, "Whoa, isn't that your daughter?

to be continued...