Chapter 3: Necessity

Start from the beginning

A long unbuttoned black coat obscured his body, and the only other bright colors on him besides his hair were his red platform shoes that were about to push me off the edge moments ago. Somehow this son of a bitch kept his identity hidden better than me, cause the only thing that somewhat obstructed my face was my low-hanging hood of my bomber jacket. The only semblance I could see of this guy's face was a menacing glowing red eye peering at me through the gap of the ring and pinkie finger of the hand on his face.

I looked down at him, trying to keep an emotionless and intimidating expression on my face, but that just lead to me noticing that he was clinging to my leg that was pinning him down with his right hand, his middle finger slightly lifted.

"I wouldn't get any clever ideas further from this if I were you. One wrong move and you'll become nothing but ash."

"I'm still waiting for an answer, who are you?" I didn't care about this guy's quirk, I stuck with my question, determined for a fucking answer.

He rolled his eye at me from what I could see, his left hand coming to his neck to scratch it, "Tell you what. You get off me, I won't kill you. And maybe then you'll get an answer to that."

I didn't trust this stranger with a single fraction of any fiber of my being, but still, didn't want to die.

Letting my foot off the guy, I backed up a safe distance away from him. At least I tried, he still held onto my leg.

I tripped and fell onto my back for the second time today, making the previous ache return to bite me in the ass once again, literally. He let go of my leg and stood over me, which felt humiliating enough. Crescent Rose fell out of my grip and turned back into code.

"There, now was that so hard?" He mocked me.

Daring not to move, I just laid there, not even caring anymore. I knew I'd get my answer eventually, he promised, "At least gimme a name so I don't have to call you an asshole for the foreseeable future."

He laughed, then coughed. Jeez dummy have a lozenge or something, you sound like you deepthroated a fucking cheese grater.

"Fine then, I'm a man of my word aren't I? The name's Tomura, Tomura Shigaraki."

I froze... Something about that name sounded unnervingly familiar to me. A media outlet maybe? Did I hear it somewhere? Have I met this guy before? Uhrg, whatever, that didn't matter, I got my answer. I got up on my feet again an responded to him.

"Okay, cool... M-My name is Jade Lyn." Fuck, I hesitated, he definitely heard that.

I'm not ashamed to admit it, but I was a little scared of the guy, because the familiarity of his name still kinda stunned me, so my words were a little shaky, and I knew he could tell. I usually don't reveal my name to people I first meet, but I should at least get familiar with the guy who could kill me, but like hell I was gonna be friendly.

"Aww, good to know we can get to know each other on a first-name basis, Jade."

I didn't feel like asking any more questions because I wasn't about to piss off this... Tomura, guy, any further than I could've already. Nobody with malicious intent walks around wearing what he does, no, this guy's some kind of big shot.

Pacing around a little, I patrolled around him, waiting for what he'd ask next-

"So, why'd you do it? Why'd you shoot him?"

How the fuck does he know what happened at the Cafe? I did not see him there... Did I?

Wait, no, I did...