Must Have Been The Wind

Start from the beginning

"Yeah,"she said crossing her arms while tapping one of her feet on the floor impatiently.

"So what was that?"I asked

She shook her head,"Nothing."she answered quickly

"Are you sure?"I asked again

She nodded,"Yeah must have been the wind,"she shrugged

She sighed,"You should go home,its already late,thanks for checking on me.Bye!"she then slammed the door on my face.

"Oh,okay!"I said before walking back to my house deciding to take the stair to think.

Days go by and I always heard the sound everynight,its so hard to bear that one day when I saw Stella walking out of the door of the old land lady beside my apartment,I decided to talk to her.

"Hey Stella,"

"Oh,hi Tyler"

"So can I talk to you about something?"

I think she can feel that I want to talk about the sounds and I think she's trying to avoid the topic since she smiled starting to walk away.

"Sorry Ty,I really need to go home."

"But its important—"I grabbed her wrist stopping her but quickly let go when she fliched rubbing her wrist.

My eyebrows furrowed,grabbing her wrist carefully I folded her sleeves up and I gasped when I saw bruises littered her delicate skin.

"Who did this Stella?,"I asked but she just shooked her head no.

She was about to speak but someone called her name.

"Stella!"

Stella gasped taking her wrist of my hands cover her wrist back with her sleeves.

We watched as the boy walked towards us,he swung his arm on her shoulder and I can see Stella flinched.

"Hey man,what are you talking about with my girlfriend?"

"Nothing bro,just greeting her.She's an old friend."I lied

He nodded,"We'll leave now.Let's go Stella."

Stella nodded walking away with him.

The night came and I heard the sounds again and I can't bear listening to it so I went to the rooftop.

I sat on the floor staring at the stars,I decided to play soft songs on my phone.

I sat there for an hour when the door behind me swung open,I twisted my waist looking who is it and I saw Stella clutching her jacket around her body.

"Sorry,I didn't know somebody is here,I-I'll just go—"

"NO!"I yelled unintentionally and I felt sad when I notice her fliched on my voice.

"Sorry.Please stay."I pleaded

She nodded walking towards me,she sat beside me when 'feel something|still don't know my name' played on my phone.

"You can talk to me you know?."I said not looking at her

"He's not like that before,he used to be sweet and loving."

"Used to."I pointed out looking at her

"When he's drunk,which happenes everynight,he became violent."

"You can come here everynight,then you can go home when he's already asleep."I suggested

"I-I can stay here too so you won't be alone..."I stuttered