Chapter Thirty-Six

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean?" Carina asked.

"Didn't you hear the news?" Theodore asked.

"What are you talking about, Nott?"

"Professor Lupin's resigning – word got out that he's a werewolf, I thought you already knew since he's your godfather," Theodore's slumped when he saw the shocked look in Carina's eyes.

"Who – no – Dumbledore won't... he won't tell anyone, he gave Remus the job, so he can't – and we swore to keep it a secret – the other professors too –" Carina froze. There was one teacher who never liked Remus, one who has also known about Sirius – the whole Marauders' – illegal Animagus abilities. "Snape..."

"Black, don't," Theodore warned her. "Don't make this harder on you godfather."

"I have to see Remus," Carina jumped from their seat and ran.

Remus's office door was open, and when Carina finally arrived at his office, she saw that he has already packed, all of his things placed in his old suitcase. Inside, she saw Remus talking to Harry, but the two stopped when she came.

"We were expecting you, Carina," Remus smiled. He pointed to the Marauder's Map. "I should have known that the news would come to you any minute now."

"You resigned..." Carina's lips were trembling.

"Yes," Remus sighed.

"It was Snape – he did this – that slimy-git –"

"Alright, that's enough," Remus stopped her from further insulting her teacher. "It was bound to get out... this time tomorrow, the owls will start arriving. Parents will not want a --- something like me – teaching their children."

"But you're the best teacher we had!" Carina argued. "Can't that be enough? Does it really matter if you're a werewolf?"

"I could have bitten any of you last night..."

"But you didn't!"

"I know you're upset, but it is for the best," Remus sighed.

"Please, don't go – I – Harry and I – the three of us have so much to talk about – please," Carina begged.

When Carina brushed away a tear, Harry took her and with his and tried to comfort her. Remus brought Carina to an embrace and patted her head.

"And we will, it would take some time for me to visit, but we will see each other again, I promise – and I'm sure by the time I come by your house, Harry would be there – I'm sure you're planning another abduction," Remus chuckled. "But for now, this would be for you two – to remember me and your fathers, for the time being." Remus handed them the Marauder's Map, "I am no longer your teacher, so I don't feel guilty about giving you back this as well..." Remus handed Carina her Animagus Kit, the one that was taken from herby McGonagall and Dumbledore, "It's no use to me, and I daresay, you, Ron, Hermione, and Roman might find it useful in days to come."

Carina held the Animagus kit in her hands and brushed her fingers over the beautifully carved box.

"Professor, you told me Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs would've wanted to lure me out of school... you said they'd have thought it was funny."

"And so we would have," Remus said. "I have no hesitation in saying that James and Sirius would have been highly disappointed in you two if you had never found any of the secret passages out of the castle – though, I'm sure Carina has showed you one or two passages already, yes?"

"No, she hasn't," Harry turned to her.

"Well, you've been very busy, and Roman and I – maybe it slipped every time I was supposed to tell you."