Chapter 1

"Wynonna!!!" Doc exclaims.

"Yes, baby daddy?" Wynonna replies, completely unaffected by Doc's shouting.

"Why, pray tell, are there more weapons packed in my car than clothes?! We are going to go pick up our daughter, not attempt our version of Clash of the Titans!" Doc asks indignantly.

"Well Mr 'I-am-a-weapon', with my luck in life we will most likely run into the likes of Doctor Doom or Van Helsing on our way there! Especially since its Tuesday. Everything always goes to shit on Tuesdays. I'd rather be safe than sorry." Wynonna returns defensively.

Doc shakes his head, looks at Wynonna with a small smirk on his face and turns around mumbling under his breath, "Why on earth is it against the law in these modern times to drink and drive. I shall be in need of some Whiskey to get through this endeavour."

Waverly and Nicole are in the kitchen of the homestead, reintroducing their lips to one another. Nicole has her back to the counter and her hands on the tiny brunette's hips. Waverly's hands are tangled in the redhead's hair.

Wynonna walks in with a knife in each hand, in the process of deciding whether she should take them along on the trip or not when she spots the two oblivious lovers.

Never one to pass up an opportunity of Wynonnus Interruptus, Wynonna shouts "Heeeeyo! The Haughts are at it again!", effectively startling the unsuspecting couple and causing them to jump apart.

Nicole rolls her eyes and looks at Wynonna with a tiny smirk. Waverly just smiles, looking bashful. "Don't worry sis, we won't be doing this all day. Although, I would not be opposed to that." she says as she gives Nicole a wink. Wynonna makes a gagging motion, earning herself a shoulder punch from Waverly.

"We're going house hunting today! I've got a very good feeling about this one place on Angel's Avenue." Waverly says, letting out a squeal at the end of her sentence and clapping her hands in excitement.

Nicole nods and smiles her biggest dimpled smile at her wife's excitement. "If my Angel is happy, then so am I." she says, earning her a kiss on the cheek.

Waverly turns back to Wynonna and asks "What time are you and Doc leaving to pick up Alice?" Her eyes then shift to her sister's hands. "What's with the knives? Are you and Doc planning some kinky roleplay again?

This time it is Nicole's turn to gag.

Wynonna just scoffs and sticks out her tongue at her little sister. "Uh, no! I'm just deciding if I should take these puppies with me or just Peacemaker. Sometimes it is better if your wit is not the only sharp thing you have." Wynonna's face takes on a more determined expression when she adds "I'm not taking any chances when it comes to Alice.

"Are you nervous?" Alice should be about eight now, right?" Nicole asks her sister-in-law.

Wynonna picks up the bottle of whiskey on the table and takes a huge gulp, turning back to Nicole and giving her a look that clearly says "I'm not going to answer that because I don't want to think about it."

Waverly looks at the bottle in Wynonna's hand and raises an eyebrow.

"What, it's not like I'm driving! Besides, you know I focus better with some liquid courage in me." Wynonna says defensively as she holds the bottle up. Waverly just gives her a disapproving frown and sighs.

"Anyway, Doc and I should be on our way within the next hour." Wynonna states. She then turns until she is fully facing the couple and fixes them with a serious look, asking "Will you two be all right with us gone?"

Waverly looks at Nicole with a smirk and gives her another wink, replying to Wynonna with "Oh, I'm sure we'll find something to do around here while you are gone." Nicole blushes and gives her wife a blinding smile.

Wynonna scrunches up her nose in mock disgust and replies, "I'm sure you will Baby girl. Just wait till we are at least 100 miles away so I don't have to hear you again." Her face then turns serious once more when she says "Look, I know nothing strange has happened in the Ghost River Triangle in the last 3 years, with the exception of that one time I found Nedley hunting deer naked in the forest, but please be careful. Don't go into any strange doors that light up, okay?"

Waverly walks to her big sister, kisses her on the cheek and hugs her tightly. "Give my niece a big hug from me and tell her that I can't wait to see her again!" she instructs Wynonna before releasing her from the hug.

Wynonna gives her little sister a warm smile and says "I will Baby Girl, enjoy the house hunting, and please stay off our stairs when we're gone!" Wynonna looks pointedly at Nicole at this statement.

Nicole shakes her head, walks over to the older Earp and gives her a big hug as well, whispering "I'll keep her safe, I promise. Now go on and bring your daughter home to where she belongs.

Wynonna tries and fails miserably at being inconspicuous when wiping away the tears that had formed in her eyes. "Thank you, Haught." she tells her best friend.

The trio exit the Homestead and head to their respective cars.

"Come, Baby. Today we might find our dream home! Waverly says, jumping with pure excitement. "Our viewing is in 30 minutes." she reminds Nicole.

"I'll be there in a sec, Mrs. Haught. I just want to say goodbye to Doc first." Nicole says as she squeezes Waverly's hand. Waverly nods and follows her to Doc, who is leaning against his precious car, Charlene, whilst smoking a cigarillo.

"Doc, are you ready to hit the road?" Nicole asks him.

"I have been ready for this day ever since I handed over my sweet little girl, all delicate and dainty in blue, to be taken away in that helicopter. However, I do not know if Wynonna is ready to leave yet. It appears that she has spotted another empty spot to fit more weapons before we shall be on our way."

As Doc says these words Wynonna shouts from the porch "Hey, Doc! Is there still a hole in there somewhere where I can fit some beaver blasters?" while flailing around the objects in question.

Doc just ignores Wynonna's request. Nicole and Waverly both shake their heads and laugh at Wynonna's antics.

"I think she misses the action." Nicole says while watching Wynonna add some ninja stars to their arsenal.

Doc nods and then looks over at the older Earp with a soft look in his eyes, not going unnoticed by the two Haughts.

"Doc we have to go now, we have a viewing in 30 minutes. Please drive safe and enjoy your road trip! Keep us posted regularly, just no nudes please. I am still scarred from the last time." Waverly tells him, saying the last part with a slight shiver.

Doc, looking a bit sheepish, just nods and smiles at her.

Waverly and Nicole both give Doc a hug and head off to their own car.

Both couples start their journey, neither having a clue of just how far from normal their days were about to get.