Chapter 19: Day Off

Start from the beginning

"Good morning um.. Y/N..." He muttered out, his face closing in on yours. You smile awkwardly at him for crashing your head into his. "S-sorry about that Muichiro, I guess I was a little worked up from my dream."

"That's... alright.." He mumbled, standing up before helping you up as well. Rui was still dozing off, he was probably tired. You look out the window as you wait for breakfast to come around.

The day was pleasant to say the least. Muichiro had gone to wash up so you decided to take this time to calm yourself and enjoy the breeze flowing in from the open window.

You liked days like these, where everything was peaceful and quiet. You closed your eyes, reminiscent of days like these.

"̶̧̯͚̙̏͌͑Ì̸͔̟̮̼̜ ̵̧̖̪͉̰̘̔̚ẃ̷̨̢̛͓͎̱̳̇͐̊̈́ͅį̵̰̗͈̳̫̤̈́͌͗l̷̙̰̼̭̺̪̦̭͈̊́͐͛͘͜ļ̴̫̋̓̋͊̂͌̽͗.̸̝̜̰̝̳̦̼̮̼͙̒͆́.̸̟̠̟̯̤̩̽̓͋̈́̎̊̚͝.̴͚͉̥̻͚̖̺͓͛̉͌͋͘ ̶̮̇̏̐ȑ̸̼̗͚͓̖͓̈́̎͐̾̾͛̌e̷̼̠̼͚͐̉̑̒̊͑̋̂̽͠ļ̶͔͕̓̑̆̚͝i̶̩̙̩͚͓̓̈́̈́̔̐̈́̚͝͠͠ę̵̨͈̳̹̝̻͍̠̺̐̋̍͐̿̑͝v̴̛̩̬̖̪̑̂̅̆͝͝e̷̮͓͈͙̩͒ ̵͔̄y̷̛̛͙̾͋̅̊͠o̶̢̤̮̪͚̬͌̌̎̆u̸̫̣̤͓͎͍̻̿ ̸̨̡̛̫̹̓ǫ̵̧̡̙̣͎̎̄̈́̐͊͂̈̉f̷̻̰̓̋͘͘͝ ̷̬̯̮͕͚͑͆̀̀̄̂͋͑́͝t̶̢̨̧̢̠͇̍h̶̨̨̺͖̩͂̃̓̇ę̶̺͓̻̥̣̣̩̈̋̒͛͒̽͝s̷͚͙͕̣̹̯̺͍̤̐̇̍̏͜ē̷̛̥̲̗̱̫̣̖̲̠̒̆͐̆̊͐͘.̷̗̪̖͚͖͆͗̄̀́͂̀͒̆.̸̨̛̛͙̻̜̦̓̋̈̿͘͘̕ ̵̛̯̞͋̃̉̔̏̕͠͠ą̵̳̮̞̰̩͔̒̂̾w̸͓̥͔̪̻̹̖͎̬͖͛͒̃̏f̵̨̭̘̝̤̮̺͎̃͌̌̔û̸̡̢͕͕̥̬̰̳̖̎l̷͙͛͗͆̕͝ ̷͙͎̯̠̥̞͓̙̤̈́͛͗͘m̶̥̗̖͖̐̉͊è̸̱̠̳̠͙̩m̴̧͚̖̖̩̰̝̊̉̇̆͑̀̇̈́͜͠ͅǒ̴̯̼͈̣̜̒͂̉̃̂ȑ̸̰̻̠͉̪̦̬̮͓̾̾͠i̷̛̫̣̎̿́̋͋̿͆ề̸̻̪̪̹̹͚s̸͎̃.̶̯͙̥̝̥͎͍̭̹͉̏.̴̢̰̗̾̏̽̚̚͝ ̷̢̭̜͈͔̱̱̤̗̲̇͐̉̽̐̊̎p̶̖̝̯̏̒̏̿̕̚l̶͙̰̰͓̈́ẻ̴̢̦̱̮̰͙̼̙͠ą̶̪̭̲̤̠͍͂͊̃͌̈̔͘͘ș̶̤̤̇͆̌̋͒̍̂͂̕ȩ̶̡̯̩͍̫̚͜,̶̢̙̬͇̫̣̆̏͑̿̈́̃̋̚ ̵̢̜̤̭̽̑̾͑̍̿͂p̴̘̮̦̞̠̮͉̄̄͒̌͋̈́̋́͋͠ṙ̵̨̧̟̈̍ó̶̪̂̌͝t̴̨͍͙̲̺̤̣̼̤̉̔ȩ̶̨̢͎̻̖̭̣̫̞̉̎̊̓̂̀̃c̸̢͈̦̫̊̾̓̊̏t̴̻̖̬̬͌̋ͅ ̵̧̧͖̤̻͔̹̝̅̓̈́̎̃͝ṯ̶̨̧̢̨͉̯͍̖́̓̈̚h̶̯̩̱̪̩͇̳̱̭̄ͅo̸̢̳̺̱͇͔̰͉̩̿̾̍̚͘s̷̛̪̦̮̥̟͕͓̍̕e̸̹͆͒̊͛ ̸̧̟͔̝̥͎̹̫̠͖̃́̓d̵̛̟͔̜̰̳̠̱̔̂̈́̾͂͜ͅâ̸͉̙̘̥̳̋y̷͎̙̩̩̹͚͙̏̔s̶̝̩̈͝.̴̢̛̲̝̘̱.̵͔̦͇̺̻͖͕̥̋̕͜.̵̛͎͖̫̰̈̈́́̔̆ ̸̨̯̞̮̆͝w̷̡̲̪̙͌͆o̷̗̽̄͑̅͆̒̏̅̍̍r̶̨̹͙̼̼͉͚͕͉̋ṭ̵͖̊͑̈́̓͝h̴̡͕̞̼̼̼̞̮͚͔̆̂ ̸̢̻͍̱͎͖̺̘͍̈́͊̈́͝f̷̜̈́̒̆̑͛͆̓̈̏͝i̸̧̩̘͙͇̮̳̫͔̦͒̓̿̋͂̒̚͝g̴̘͕̘͐̎̌̔̔͜h̵̡͚̫͗̄͋̾̈́͒̓͝͝t̸̨͕̲̜̻͈̊͒͜i̷͔̣̼̼̖̥̫̠̔̍̋̓̽͆̃̌̉n̴͔̥͕͖̝̞̗̭͋̍͜ͅg̷̭͎̯̝̜͓͊́̿͑̅̆̂̀̕͝ ̶̖͎͆͂͒͘f̴̧̫͓̦͙̙̀̽̾̔̋̔̚͜͝õ̵̠̣̣͙͜ṙ̶̳̠̱͈̎̚.̷̲̯͍̱͉́̍́̌͠.̵̻̋̆̆̈͊̕"̵̲̱͔̭̭̦̠̙̌͒͐̀͘͠

You gasp, opening your eyes, the startling memory making you rise from your seat

It felt like pain constantly seering into your head before you sat back down, groaning as you rubbed your temples together. A knock sounded from the door, signalling that Muichiro had returned with breakfast.

You shook your head, sliding the door open. "Food.. I got your favourite.." Muichiro placed them on the table and you sat across from him. You grabbed a few pieces of onigiri and put them on a plate. You slid it to Rui's side and began eating your food.

"I had a strange dream last night.." Muichiro started, slurping his noodles.

"Oh? Do tell.."

===

"Rui? You're with them now? Weren't you relieved of your status?" The demon snarled, glaring at the white haired demon in betrayal and disappointment.

"Ever since, I have been taught about my wrong doings. I know better now. Better than the old me." Rui spoke out, his voice barely audible due to the webs covering the entire building.

He skillfully moved his fingers, conjuring up more webs to protect him and the other two from harm. Akaza smirked, standing back.

"I've never been able to get past your defenses anyway. You're lucky tonight Rui, I didn't come for you. Although, I can't say the same for the other demons lurking around."

With that, the redhead disappeared and several demon attacked Rui. He effortlessly swept them away with his silk webs, chopping them up into pieces and tying them so the sun could do the rest.

Even though it was easy, it took a toll on his energy. He spread his protective web barriers around the building and slipped back into his futon.

Shining mint green eyes stared at the webs beyond the window and back at the white haired demon. He sighed, closing the window.

===

Outside, multiple webs started melting away into nothing.

It's transparent surface shined against the rays of the sun, like teardrops reflecting light. Rui snored blissfully as he slept, the laughter and talk from the other two not bothering him a bit.

Muichiro glanced at the demon before him, giving a small smile before turning his attention back to the person in front of him. Maybe he wasn't such a bad demon after all.

### A/N ###

WHOA SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN SO LONG. ALSO I NEED IDEAS ON TAISHOU SECRETS SO DROP SOME HEADCANONS YOU THINK Y/N OR THE LOVE INTERESTS WOULD DO AJSHSJSH

Btw love y'all, thanks for being patience, ilysm ♡♡♡

Honestly interested if anyone has theories for this book or for Y/N's backstory :0!!