"Hey!" The man turned around and Derek swung his fist to his face. The man fell to the ground, clutching his jaw.

"What the hell man!" Derek picked him up by his collar and shoved him against the wall.

"Don't act all innocent! You touch my girl? Hm?" He slammed him against the wall. "Answer the damn question!"

"Yeah! Yeah I did. You know what? That whore asked for it!" He spat.

"Whore?" Derek punched him and the man kicked him off. He was only able to land one decent punch on Derek before he had him on the ground again, pinning an arm behind his back.

"Morgan!" Emily yelled. She ran over and saw the bloodied mess on the ground.

"I'm going to y/n." He wiped his nose. "Cuff this asshole."

"You think assaulting an FBI agent is something to be proud of?" She tightened the cuffs on his wrists.

"You messed with the wrong family." Emily whispered.

You asked the woman again for Derek. She got up to look for him when he ran into the bathroom. His cheek was bruised and his knuckles were bleeding.

"I'm so sorry, come here." He knelt beside you and opened his arms. You immediately hugged him back.

All you wanted to do was have fun with your team and forget about work for a couple hours. Was it because of the dress you wore? Had you asked for it?

"The bastard's getting what he deserves, I left him with Emily." He stroked your hair and brushed the knots out. "You didn't deserve any of that okay? I am so sorry I should've came with you. I could've fought him away."

"It's not you Derek. Maybe I shouldn't of wore a dress.."

"Hey, look at me." You slowly raised your head up. "Just because you were wearing a dress, doesn't give anyone a right to your body without your consent. This wasn't your fault, please don't think that way." He cupped your cheek and slowly wiped your tears.

Derek ordered the lady behind him to call an uber so you both could go home.

"I-I tried to scream but... he-he covered my mouth." You started crying and moved your arms to hug yourself. "I was so scared Derek."

He hugged you tighter. The woman tapped his shoulder and told him a car was waiting outside. Derek nodded and slowly picked you up bridal style. He faced the open part of your dress towards his chest so no one could see.

He held your hand the entire drive back home.

You sat on the couch, your hand still intertwined with his. You had changed into one of his hoodies and sweatpants, completely discarding the ruined dress.

You couldn't speak. What could you say? Why you? Why did you go to the bar today? Why did you enter that bathroom alone? What would've happened if he wasn't interrupted?

"As long as I'm here, you'll never have to feel like this." You looked over and he cupped your cheek. "I want to see you smile, I want to see you get past this and I'm here. You're my girl okay? We can take this relationship as slow as you need because I'll always be here. I love you y/n." He pulled you into his chest and started playing with your hair. He knew you always liked that and he remembered how it helped you fall asleep.

"Emily texted me and the guy is in custody. You can proceed with your report if you want to in the morning. Whatever you choose to do I'll support you." You nodded against him.

"I want to see that bastard behind bars." You murmured.

"You're so strong y/n."

"Really? Cause I don't feel like it!" You snapped. You didn't even know why you were yelling at Derek he was just trying to help you.

"I just let him do that, I should've known better! I could've fought back harder! I could've... I could've..." Derek pulled you back into his chest. You tried fighting his affection but eventually gave in.

"You couldn't of known any of that would happen. You are strong y/n. You said you were fighting? Let's fight. Give him hell."

Not even a few weeks later the trial took place and the man was sent to prison after being found guilty. Apparently he had done this in the past and a previous victim eventually came forward once you did. The case was airtight and he was gone.

All the while Derek was by your side the entire time, like he promised.

_______________________________

"I am not what happened to me. I am what I chose to become."
-Carl Jung