Misunderstanding [12]

Start from the beginning

"For fucks sake, stop being a horny teenage boy, Sallyface! Jesus. You share your first kiss and make out with the girl of your dreams once, and suddenly you can't even think about her  without wanting to pass out.", he paused, looking over at his cat who was looking back at him with a comically wide eyed expression, making Sal laugh to himself before once again letting himself fall back into bed, "Alright, maybe that is a valid reason to pass out.", he said with a smile.

Staring up at the ceiling, he began to wonder what last night would mean for the two of you, "W-was it a one time thing? Did she do it just to prove me wrong? N-no, that can't be it. I mean, the way we were...the way we just couldn't seem to stop, there was obviously something there, right? Then again, I've never done anything like that before so I might just be reading into it too much. But, that was Y/N's first time too...and we both have the same opinion, that in order to kiss someone, you actually have to feel something for them...does that mean...she feels something for me too?", he rubbed his temples, clearly confused on how to approach the situation, "I need to talk to her about it. We can't just act like nothing happened...b-but what if nothing did happen? Was it just the heat of the moment? Man, this is a lot harder than I thought. I'm gonna need to get some help with this...", continuing to think to himself, he glanced over at the walkie talkie upon his nightstand.

Knowing what he had to do, he reached over and picked it up, pressing down upon the button, "Larry? You up?", he asked. Despite it taking a few seconds, he received a grumbly grainy response, "Barely, what's up dude? Did you need something?", Larry groggily asked. Sal didn't hesitate, "You know Ashley's landline number, right? I'm gonna need you to give it to me, I need her help with something.".
                          *              *             *
Achoo! "Ugh, geez, not another-", Achoo, achoo!, "God damn it.", you mumbled to yourself, rolling over onto your side to reach for the box of tissues upon your night stand, blowing your nose in an attempt to relieve yourself of the annoying sneezing fit. Sitting up, you tossed the used tissues into the little metallic waste bin that was on the floor next to your bed, placed there just in case you felt like blowing chunks.

You took a deep breath, blinking slowly as your vision adjusted to the lighting of your room and catching a glimpse of the clock which read 11:45AM, nearly noon, "Shit, I didn't mean to sleep in so late. I wonder if mom-", the door to your room was quickly opened, your mother with a concerned look on her face hurrying in with medicine in hand, "Y/N, I heard you sneezing so I assumed you were up, are you feeling any better? Did you throw up? Let me check your temp-", your gentle laugh interrupted her worried rambling. Looking up at her with tired eyes and a sickly red tint across your cheeks and nose, you smiled at her while shaking your head, "Mom, I'm okay, really! It's just-", a nasty sneeze interrupted you mid sentence, "...a cold. I'll be okay by Monday most likely, all I need to do is sleep it off.", you assured her.

Placing the medicine on your nightstand, your mother ruffled your hair and gave you that loving motherly smile she always did, "Maybe next time you'll bring a jacket with you, silly. At least you and your friends looked cute in your costumes, those Polaroids you took were so cute-oh! Speaking of that, Sal came by earlier asking for you but I told him you were under the weather, and most likely wouldn't be able to hang out today.", when she said his name, it ignited a wave of memories to come flooding back to you all at once of the night before.

The Halloween night that would be known to both you and Sal, as the night of your first kiss. "Sal...you came to see me? W-was it so we could talk about what happened last night? I mean, we did completely avoid the topic last night after Larry and Ash came along, and after Todd and Neil came we were too busy watching horror movies to get the chance to talk about...the kiss. Okay, kiss-turned-makeout session. We couldn't just casually bring it up. I think we...we were still kind of in shock that it even happened. It wasn't just a peck, it wasn't just a platonic kiss between friends...there was passion there, and there's no denying it. He had to have felt it too. But I'm too embarrassed to face him, I can't. Not yet. How can I...", a hand waved in front of your eyes, snapping you out of the millions of thoughts going through your head, "Y/N, did you hear me? I said Sal mentioned a walkie talkie for you two to talk through, you can use that for now so you don't get him sick too.", she said, causing a lightbulb to go off above your head.