'Di, I am sorry.' Akash apologized looking at Anjali 's stoic face.

'We can't stop living our lives Rani Sahiba.'Shyam placated her.

'Whatever.' Anjali wheeled herself away from the table.

Holi celebrations progressed with fervour in the outdoor garden area of the Raizada House. Refreshments like samosas, jalebis, and various other snacks were arranged on tables. Coloured powders in various hues were also kept at various places. There was a separate area where thandai and bhaang was made available for the guests. Loud music blared from the music system as the revellers applied holi on each other. As everything seemed to be in order, Khushi decided to make her way back to the house via the garden.

In spite of the festive atmosphere Khushi's heart was heavy, knowing Anjali was still mourning for her father. The previous night, Khushi had taken little Ashu and gone to Anjali 's room to cheer her up. Even though she and the adorable little baby had managed to bring a smile to the older woman's lips, Anjali had wistfully told her that she wished she was in her own house.

Lost in her thoughts, Khushi almost bumped into Shyam who seemed to have appeared out of nowhere. 'Where do you think you are going Khushiji?'

'I am going back to the house.'

'Aren't you going to play?' He asked affably.

'No Shyamji I don't feel like playing holi today.' She wished he would get out the way. He had begun to creep her out.

'What's with everyone today?' Shyam said with a little irritation in his tone. 'There Anjali is all grumpy as well.'

'Shyamji, her father just passed away!' Khushi was a little surprised by his indifference.

'He has been ill for a long time Khushiji. How long is she going to mourn for him?'

She was still reeling at his callousness when he said, 'Now you, I understand Khushiji,' his voice dropped down, 'I know this marriage was not your choice.'

'What are you talking about Shyamji?' She was taken aback by his directness.

'You don't have to pretend with me Khushiji. I know that you had to marry Arnav because of your parents' coercion.'

'Shyamji, this is ---'

He cut her off. 'Did you find your jacket safe in your closet Khushiji?'

'My ...my jacket?

'Yes, the one you left behind in The Oberoi Amarvilas hotel in Agra.'

Khushi had wondered how that jacket had appeared in her closet. And how did Shyam know about that?

'Thankfully I was the one who received the courier when the hotel sent it to the house,' he paused. 'I put it in your closet.'

'You?'

'Khushiji, you are so naïve,' Shyam said with a shake of his head. 'You have no idea what is good for you. But don't worry because I will take care of you.'

'No!' She said but her voice came out low.

Shyam didn't seem to hear her. 'But first things first,' he sneered at her. 'Let's play holi.' He bent down to take some colour from the packet he had kept on the ground.

'I said no!' Khushi spat out, stepping back a little. The she turned around and ran back into the party as fast as her legs could take her, blindly, uncaring of anything. Suddenly she crashed into a solid wall and would have fallen if two strong hands hadn't caught her waist.