'What Am I Doing ColorWheel?'

I sit in the corner of the room by myself. 

I'm trying to stay away from Malga, not wanting to upset him more than I already have. I feel something brush my shoulder, and I see it's ColorWheel..as a paintbrush. 

I smile softly, but don't say anything. 

He makes painting motions in the air of letters..trying to talk to me. But..I can't understand. I don't know how to read. I know my letters, but I don't know what letters make a word, or which words make words.

I hear Malga's chair creak and flinch slightly, while ColorWheel rushes into my pocket. I stay silent, not saying anything. I don't want to upset him. But I also don't want to upset him by not saying anything.

 He gets mad at me for that sometimes, for staying silent.

"Frisk." He says to me. His tone is familar, I swallow hard. It's not a good tone. 

"Yes Master?" I say, ColorWheel tells me not to show my fear in my voice..but I can never understand what he means by that. 

I hear him walk to the corner I'm in, and soon he's behind me. I restrain tears from falling, I'm really scared. I don't want to be hit again, I already apologized for going into his room. I didn't mean to go in. I found the door open. But it didn't matter, he hit me for it..and was furious at me. But...

I didn't go in. 

I mentally shake my head, It was wrong of me to even look at the door. I shouldn't have. I was bad. That was wrong. Malga was right. I am bad. 

"Frisk." He says again, "Face me."

 "Yes Master." I tell him. Shakily, I turn my head towards him and look up. 

He's glaring at me. I feel tiny and want to look down, but I don't because he'll hit me if I do.

He raises his hand as if to hit me, and my skin braces itself for an impact, but he pauses. 

I relax. 

𝙎𝙇𝘼𝙋!

I wince and hold back a yelp, restraining from grabbing my cheek. I deserved that. I was being disrespectful.

"That'll be all. Return to your corner and rest." He tells me, I nod and timidly stand, but quickly walk over to my corner and lay down on the small blanket that he placed there for me a long time ago, when he first had me. The memory makes me smile and I feel happier. 

"Frisk." His voice is cold...another familiar one. It's not good either. 

"Yes Malga?" I say, I can only call him that when I am not in trouble. 

He points to the door. 
"You'll be sleeping outside tonight." He says to me, and then sits back down on his big red chair in front of the fireplace. 

"B-but the monsters..it's..." I mumble softly to myself, but I quickly shake my head. I deserve this. I was bad. I stand quickly and rush to the door, opening it and stepping into the snow.

With all my strength..I pull the door shut behind me. Malga doesn't like it when the door is open. He says it brings too much cold inside. He likes heat. And only heat.

The door shuts with a slam and soon I realize how bad I must've been, I can't reach the doorknob to go back inside if the monsters come to get me. I'm too small for reaching the doorknob, so I have to pull things closed and pull things open. ColorWheel says that I'm really short and probably will never grow..but I am growing!! 

...Sort of.

But only Malga can reach the doorknob to let me back in, him and ColorWheel. But Malga doesn't know about ColorWheel and ColorWheel told me that Malga shouldn't know, so I haven't told him anything ever.

I start to shiver and stay in front of the door, not wanting to leave. But if I stay, the other monsters will see me and come get me. 

I breath shakily in the cold and step down the steps of the house, into the snow. I let out a small whimper from the cold and rush to the side of the house, but then I decide that I should stay behind it. They won't find me so easily if I do!

Happily I make my way back to the back of the house..and lay down in the snow. 

ColorWheel appears, his normal human form now. His hat is white and his hair is gray and fluffy, I like to play with it sometimes, but he doesn't like people to touch his hair. 

"Hey Frizzy.." He says and wraps me in a hug, then pulls me into his lap. "I'll keep you warm."

I smile and feel warm. 

I know it isn't right to question, but most of the time I can't figure out what exactly I do wrong that makes Malga so upset with me. Because of this, I asked ColorWheel. For the first time, I asked the question I should've asked before.

"What am I doing ColorWheel?"

He tilts his head and holds me closer, making sure I'm not cold.

"What am I doing wrong?"

But then, I fell asleep. I didn't hear his answer.