Four: JOOHYUK

Começar do início

The classroom door creaked open.

"Just, give it a chance, okay?" Subin whispered.

A tall dude wearing a light blue T-shirt with navy blue bottoms walked over to us and his laptop in his hand. Whether he was trying to be ironic or just a douchebag was anyone's guess. He may as well have been wearing a suit; poser. I had the urge to yell, "Next!" just for the hell of it. I slid my Ray-Bans over my eyes.

"Hey, this is the interview for SamSan Tech?"

"Yeah, you can hook up your laptop to the computer," Subin said.

The blue dude's brows bunched together.

"I'm just . . . I thought - It's just me?"

"Yes," I said, resuming dick mode.

"Your flyer said to pick any coding from either -"

I held up my hands. "Don't tell us. Just project it to us."

His face was  blank a moment, but then he stood up straight, shoulder back, corner of his mouth curling up. "Cool."

After a moment of adjusting the laptop to the monitor, he stretch his wrists, bending on back, then the other. Subin looked over his shoulder at me and crossed his eyes. Blue dude dropped the adapter, and picked it up with a laugh. I braced myself for some cringy game application. Closed my eyes.

The loading screen popped up a CCTV, a clear image, and the face recognition hovers over multiple people at the same time. It indicated a person age range, height, and ethnicity. Not an especially intricate piece, but a solid choice. I kept waiting for the system to screw up, quicken the pace, miss a person, but the timing was insane. His coding was well thought-out as I looked across the screen. I slid my shades into my hair, sat up straight. Subin was already checking his coding, acknowledging the dude's impressive skills. It was the longest we'd let anyone project during an interview.

And the look on this guy's face as he pounded away was, Okay, fuckers, now show me what you got.

Don't compare. Don't compare.

It was hard not to - he reminded me of Hyoseop even if he did blow him away - at least in this interview. It was only one software - he'd probably practiced the hell out of it. Working with us could be different, I knew that, but for the first time all afternoon this guy made me regret not bringing my laptop. There was just one weird thing.

I stood up as his system finished collecting the people's features.

"Why don't I know you?"

"Huh?"

"The school is small. Everyone know everyone, and well, that was . . . You can code. Why haven't I seen you before? Were you in a team?"

He laughed. "If you can call it that. Kimmy's Tech."