Prologue

Somewhere in the City of Love

The day is drawing to a close as we see office workers hurrying back to their homes in the streets of Paris. Traffic jams, crowded busses, and subways, streets flooded with pedestrians. The night is slowly falling. But in one of the empty buildings, a person is still sitting, doing their tasks for the day.

In the abandoned office, a young man in his late twenties with flawless, fair skin and stunning beauty packs his things into a large box and goes through each drawer in case he's forgotten something.

Then he went to his colleagues' workstations and left small bags of homemade candy and personal letters. With a sigh of relief, the young man took his things from his empty desk and searched the small office one last time before turning off all the lights.

"It's time to close this chapter of my life... We'll all meet again someday," he mumbles to himself.

A smile graces his handsome face, showing off his dimples and buck teeth. With straight shoulders and a sense of accomplishment, he turns toward the exit and closes the doors behind him.

8 220 km away

Even today, the young man spends his days surfing the Internet. After a few weeks of looking for a job, a job advertisement for a newly established art gallery aroused his interest. When he read the advertisement, these thoughts suddenly came to his mind.

"That's it!" he chuckles.

Note from the author:

This will be my first work in the writing scene, so positive or negative reviews are welcome. Since English isn't my native language, there will be typos now and then. I'll try to correct them when I've time.

Thanks for your understanding and feel free to write me your review.