**UPDATED** Chapter 76 part 1

Start from the beginning

Cold sweat came running down Lao Ge and he smiled stiffly and did not dare to take another breath. He thought that today these two came here to crush the *rabbit's nest*. Why did the second master let them come!

The young master isn't easily provoked at heart even when these people collided with each other. Since in the end it will be the second master who would suffer. He really is an unlucky man! Right now, I have to take care of my second master! Can't give out anything nonsense!

But then Er Nai Nai didn't say anything at the end. She was not so stupid as to ask about Cheng FengTai from Lao Ge even if Lao Ge was willing to report. She still couldn't let herself ask questions! 

On a short walk around the east gate, she used the powder mirror of the fourth wife to fill her nose and chin with some powder, and then wiped off the rouge from the corners of her mouth. The fourth wife had never seen her dress up so carefully, and she even seemed to be a little nervous.

******

Manager Gu heard that Cheng FengTai's wife had arrived. He put down the corner of the backstage and the dignitaries to greet her personally. The maidservants guarded the two wives from left to right, there in front was a mighty "brocade and beaded" group of people, and Manager Gu led the way. 

The shopkeeper is the best chef in the theater and Manager Gu smiled eagerly: " Mistress, you are such a rare visitor, so keen! I haven't seen you come on weekdays. Yet you came today and catch the big show! You really understand what theaters are about! It's a coincidence that I kept Second master's box untouched. Please come along and watch here as something amazing unfolds!

Er Nai Nai turned her head and smiled and said: " Our second master does seem to play like this, and there's even a special box for him here! " Manager Gu didn't know whether she spoke these words to him or to the fourth wife.

Lao Ge stared at Manager Gu and wiped the cold sweat forming in his neck, his eyes couldn't hide his worries. Manager Gu excused himself , leaving immediately after seeing Lao Ge's reaction, waiting on the actors and serving the other nobles, what a quick witted man. 

Actresses have the most schemes and subtleties. They are often very petty, often having to compete and were not the most clever people. 

These nobles have a big temper and relies on the face value. They will have a look and if they don't like it, they will leave.

At that moment, Manager Gu caught a glimpse of Lao Ge's expression and instantly understood the purpose of the Cheng FengTai's wife's trip. He suddenly felt fear but his expression remained unchanged. 

He pulled the chair for Cheng FengTai's first wife, bowed slightly and smiled: " It's not that I am sending the second master to his death. The second master understand the value of the plays! It's also because he is a shareholder of this theater. Last year, he came forward for the box under Second Master Fan's name. 

******

Lao Ge quickly went to Fan Lian's side secretly as he didn't know which the old lady was sitting inside. Fan Lianzhun reluctantly gave up his yearning and gave away the box as a favor. Otherwise Manager Gu would not dare bring it up and let alone have other people use it. he was indeed really clever!

The clever Manager Gu opened his mouth once more and said: " Today is a rare day. I will honor our Second Master's 2 wives. First, let me serve the eight-treasure dish of preserved fruits together with the plum mint tea. Would that be alright? Also, our plums are salted. It's especially refreshing and you won't find them anywhere else. "