As soon as they hit the front of the building Olivia dropped his hand and hugged herself "What did you say to the photographer?"

"You'll see" he told her as he began taking off his jacket. Once it was off he tried to put it over her shoulders but she shrugged away from him.

Sighing he pinched his nose and took in a deep breath. Tommy wasn't used to be soft with people especially women so when she reacted this way to his touch he found himself struggling to contain his frustration.

"Are you going to make this more difficult?" He demanded as he grabbed her by the top of her arms, forcing her to look at him.

"Excuse me?" She snapped back

"You push and you push Olivia. If you didn't want this then why did you come eh? Why does your body react when you're around me? Why the fuck do you kiss me back?"

Olivia blinked slowly as if he hadn't said a word of English to her. One hand on her arm he used his right to pinch his nose, trying to soften himself once again.

"I'm sorry" she apologised, the words coming hastily from her lips "I don't mean to push you but this, well this, I don't know what's happening" she gently nudged out of his arms "You don't give me time to find my feet. Your elaborate schemes and gifts are too much Tommy"

Pushing her hair over her shoulders she turned her back on him so he couldn't see her face, afraid that he'll judge her weakness.

Tommy had a striking thought as soon as her back was to him. If he thought he was too much she was probably right but it was the only way he could show her what he couldn't say.

Grabbing her hand he began to pull her into the event, swiping two glasses of champagne off a passing waitress.

"Tonight there are no expectations. Just relax okay?" He asked her, his blue eyes soft and sincere as he drank in her face.

Olivia nodded, grateful for his small mercy before sipping her drink "Can you tell me who these people are?" she whispered, trying hard to be a good date.

Tommy smirked knowing that she would get a kick out of all the people that were attending tonight. Pulling her over he decided the first person she should meet would be Alfie Solomons.

Alfie was overly gracious to Olivia as he swept the room and kissed her hand, paying careful attention to the lack of wedding ring. Tommy was careful with his face, making sure to keep his relationship with Olivia as privately as possible.

Once Alfie was satisfied with Olivia's blushes he moved on to some other poor soul.

"Wow, he's nothing short of...."

"Mental?" Tommy offered, his thick Birmingham accent more pronounced as he blew out a cloud of smoke "You handled him well"

"I've had practise" she smiled as she raised her glass to him and then laughed. The champagne finally doing its job.

If it wouldn't be obvious he would of let out a sigh of relief but instead he sipped his drink, she was even more beautiful when she was relaxed.

"Can I ask you a question?" She turned to him, forgetting that they weren't alone.

"Yes"

Olivia wasn't blind to the flex of his jaw and she could of laughed "Why did you leave your gift on Ivies door step?"

Tommy smirked "I didn't want to leave it on yours. I'm sure your brother would of had a few more questions for you. I thought you would want a more private option"

Olivia's hand subconsciously touched the diamonds across her neck "I can't accept these" she breathed.

Tommy's eyes flared at the rejection of his gift and began pulling her out of the room and into a darkened hallway. Rejecting his gifts was rejecting him because his gifts were his way of showing his feelings towards her while he worked up the courage.

"Yes you will" he snarled "I won't accept them back"

Olivia was suddenly aware that she was backed into a darkened corner but stuck her chin up defiantly.

"I don't need your gifts Tommy"

"Yes you do" he slammed his hand against the wall, right next to her head and recoiled when she flinched "You won't accept anything else from me, the least you could do is accept these"

Olivia looked up under her eyelashes and saw the emotional pain in his usual cold eyes, this was a lot for him to keep baring. Olivia's rejection was a constant, over and over again but she didn't know how to break the vicious cycle.

Gently she leaned up from the wall, watching her own hands as they swept up his chest until they were on the side of his face.

Tommy closed his eyes to her touch, almost certain that it would be ripped away before he could allow himself to commit it to his memory. Of all the things in his life that he wanted he had until he met her.

As his thoughts darkened, matching the mood of the  hallway he felt her warm lips touch his and her feverish hands snake their way to the back of his head.

As their tongues danced he noted she tasted sweet like champagne. Pressing his hips into hers he felt himself smirk into her mouth when she whimpered. In his moment of insecurity she had given him the best gift; her moan, her bodies way of letting him know that he still had a chance.

Slipping his hand down her body he caressed up her legs, his hand skimming the top of her thighs as he bought her leg to rest on his hip.

Olivia poured herself into him as he pushed her against the wall. In the haze of her lust for him she was rewarded with an emotional reprieve. All she could think about was his hands and mouth, delightfully torturing her senses.

"Not here" he growled against her lips, suddenly breaking the contact as he pressed his forehead to hers. It was with great satisfaction that Olivia noted he was completely breathless too.

Slowly placing her leg down Olivia began to smooth her dress and hair, careful not to look at him in case her fears returned and ruined the moment.

Tommy stepped away and fixed his tie before lighting a cigarette "I swear you're trying to kill me" he muttered but before she could reply they were interrupted by a gentlemen in a tight suit and long greying hair.

"Mr Shelby, Mr Solomons would like to see you in private"

"I'll be there in five" he told the man before turning to Olivia who was sheepishly watching the man retreat.

"I won't be long"

"Oh don't worry about me, I'll only be on a room with the countries most notorious" she replied playfully but regretted it when his face fell into a scowl.

"They won't touch you" he growled but Olivia waved him off, certain that she could handle her own and if not she would find a quiet corner to people watch.

"I'll be fine" she rolled her eyes before leaving him in the dark corridor alone with his thoughts.

——

I am literally so blown away every time I check my notifications. So many of you, who have been with me since the start are still here. Thank you! Thank you!

I really hope you're enjoying my little story as much as I am writing it.