Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

"Aye, and almost pissed himself as well," George snickered.

"Thank you, I shall use it wisely, oh great wise ones," Carina snickered.

"Oh, and Harry, don't worry, you'll get your chance with Malfoy at Quidditch –" Fred added.

"Gryffindor and Slytherin are the first in the match," said George.

That made Harry smile. Unlike Carina, Quidditch was the only time where he could face Malfoy, and dominate the battle as Malfoy was coming off worse. As they all ate their breakfast (Ron and Carina battling off at the last sausage only to lose when Harry took it), they read through their schedules to see how many classes they would be sharing.

"We're starting with some new subjects today," Hermione happily said. She turned to Carina to see what she was taking. "You're also taking Ancient Runes and Care for Magical Creatures, and Muggle Studies!"

"Hold on, you took Muggle Studies as well? But you live in a Muggle neighborhood," Harry took a peek at Carina's schedule.

"I know, but they're also offering Muggle Arts in that class, so I want to study that, you do remember that I still dance right?" Carina shrugged.

How can Harry forget? Last year, he spent a week if his summer with Carina's family after they abducted him from the Dursleys. Aside from the magical elements and Muggle elements he noticed of the home, he also took note of Carina and Maisie taking dance lessons. There were photos and photos of the two girls in recitals, and he would often find Carina twirling around in her room, or simply when she would get something from the shelf.

"Hermione, I think they've messed up with your schedule," Ron frowned as he checked Hermione's own schedule. "They've got you down for about ten subjects a day. That isn't enough time."

"I'll manage," Hermione said.

Just as Carina was to see Hermione's schedule, the bell rang and Hermione took Carina by the hand so they could head to Ancient Runes together.

"Come along, we don't want to be late for our first day of class," Hermione said. "We'll see you two later!"

Carina bid her goodbye to Harry and Ron, she turned to the Slytherin table to at least do the same with Roman. When their gaze met, Roman, waved at her way and then motioned his thumb that he was leaving already. When Carina and Hermione arrived at their classroom, almost every seat was taken – especially the seats that were beside each other. Hermione sighed when she saw that there was one good seat left at the front. Carina ushered Hermione to take the one at the front while she settled at the one, she was standing by. After saying a quick goodbye, the two girls separated and tried to settle in in their seats.

"Is this seat taken?"

"No, it's – Nott?" Carina froze when she found Theodore Nott taking the seat beside her. He was the last person she thought or even wanted to be seated next to for the next two hours.

"Black." Theodore greeted with a teasing smile. Enough to annoy Carina. He took pride in knowing just what to do to get her riled up. Theodore took out his book, parchment, quill, and ink well for the lesson.

"What are you doing here?" Carina asked.

"Isn't obvious? I'm taking this class." Theodore opened his book, which Carina saw was already filled with annotations at the side. It surprised her that Theodore has started his reading at home. Doesn't this boy ever take a break from school? "I thought you're smart, Black?"

"I thought you and Roman are going to take Divination," Carina said.

"Not really in it for tea-leaf reading and petty fortune-telling. Why, can't I take this class? Who made you Judge, Jury, and Executioner?"