𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒. (EDITED)

Start from the beginning

"Wait for a second! What do you mean by that?" He asked while turning to Fushiguro.

He then turned his attention towards Y/n.
"And why in the world are you carrying a god damn katana with you?"

Y/n was quite surprised when she heard Itadori's question.

"You can see it?" She asked and her surprise was quite evident on her face.

"Am I not supposed to?" He retorted sarcastically but didn't get Y/n's usual snarky reply which was quite unusual for the (h/c) haired girl.

"Fushiguro, please tell him about the cursed object that you're looking for," she requested to the raven-haired boy and he wordlessly complied with her wishes.

Fushiguro then showed the picture to Itadori as a look of realization crossed his features.

"Oh, yes. I found that in school. I don't mind giving it to you but my senpais have taken a liking to it and what do you mean by dangerous?"

"The number of unexplained deaths and missing persons within Japan exceeds 10,000 a year on average and most of those are results because of curses," Fushiguro tried to explain.

"Curses?" Itadori furrowed his eyes in confusion.

Fushiguro gave out an annoyed sigh at this.
"Listen, I don't care if you believe in them or not. They are real, kay? I'll -"

Y/n quickly interrupted Fushiguro as she held up a hand to stop him from further speaking.

"Fushiguro-kun, please let me explain it to him. It will be better that way," she said to Fushiguro and he agreed to it, because honestly - this was getting quite annoying with him. First his annoying teacher and then this clueless individual meddling in things that he shouldn't. He can't wait to go home and sleep.

"The stage is all yours," he said to her as he stepped down to make room for the girl.

"Usually large pools of negative energy is found in places like hospitals, schools, cemeteries, and so on, and these negative emotions, these negative energy of us humans are the reason why curses exist in the first place. Are you getting it?" She paused for a while, waiting for Itadori to process the information because she knew that this was too much to handle for someone like him - who didn't even know that things like curses exist until a few minutes ago. Muggle problems much?

Itadori nodded his head in assurance which caused her to smile. Honestly, it would have been a huge pain in the ass if she had to start from the beginning again.

"Okay, so as a faux safety measure, most schools now keep a cursed object as a protective talisman. The one that you found - is one of them."

Itadori raised his hand in the air.
"Sensei, I have a question?"

"Sensei, really?" She snickered at Itadori's remark, quite amused at the childishness of her friend.

"What is it?"

"Isn't it good if it protects?" He asked quite a valid question.

"That's quite a good question Yuji. I'm proud of you," she said while giving him a thumbs-up, causing the said boy to crack a small smile.

"Placing a cursed object greater evil is like using a deadly poison that keeps other curses away. It's a bad practice that only claims to protect. Over the years its seal weakens and then it becomes a bait that lures other curses."

"One more question. How do you know all this?" He instantly asked, giving her that dumbfounded look.

"Internet," she casually said and Itadori was clearly not buying it.

"Anyways," she quickly cleared her throat, trying to divert the attention away from her.
"Just give that object to Fushiguro-kun."

"Hey, I already told you that I don't mind giving it to you," he said while throwing a small wooden box at him and Fushiguro was swiftly able to catch it midair.

His eyes widened in shock when he opened the box and found it - empty? 'All this time - I was just following the taint clinging to this box?'

"Where are the contents Yuji?" It was Y/n who beat him to it, and for the first time since meeting the girl last night - he felt scared.

'Why do I feel scared but also safe at the same time?' Itadori thought to himself as he worriedly stared at his childhood friend.

"Sasaki-senpai and Iguchi-senpai have it," he said while going forward and grabbing Y/n's wrist as he started pulling her out of the door with him - away from the Fushiguro guy.

"Actually, they were talking about removing the talisman from it tonight at the school. Is it that bad?"

He instantly stopped when he felt Y/n struggling against his grip as he stared at him with horrified eyes.

"What have you done Yuji?" She fearfully asked.

"I...I...," he fumbled with his words, unable to come up with anything. He never thought that he would see this side of Y/n l. For as long as he can remember - she was always smiling. She was someone who always faced her problems with a smile - a smile that strengthened his own beliefs too.

"This is worse than bad," Fushiguro suddenly voiced with a grim look on his face, breaking Itadori out of his thoughts.

"They can die."

NOTE:

I know that this chapter was short and I apologize for that. But I promise that the next chapter will be quite intense.
Also, I'm thinking of adding some fluff scenes of Y/n and another character.
You guys get to decide who she will be having fluff scenes with.
So just comment your vote next to the character you like.

1. Itadori Yuji/Sukuna

2. Fushiguro Megumi

3. Gojou Satoru

4. Kugisaki Nobara

 Kugisaki Nobara